Lactoferrin As A Promoter Of Hair Growth

Alex Contee

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone noticing anything so far?
I’m having a tough time getting it to dissolve in distilled water. I bought 300 mg capsules and it clumps to together and hardens when I add water. Will work on it some more this weekend.

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not even using it yet you incomprehensible twat.
7a9.jpg

Found you bro :D :D :D

MrsS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone noticing anything so far?
Too soon to tell really. I had the same issue as Alex Contee and decided to add more water.

For 6 days
3 capsules with 400 mg bLF (1200 mg)
15 ml of distilled water
=80 mg/ml

I apply twice a day 2,5 ml in total with a dropper. I don't like the drying effect it has (like hairspray) nor the tingling sensation.

Last edited:

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
if this homemade lotion "works" people should already see results regarding sebum, itch or other skin conditions such as dermatitis quite quickly. Because this ingredient is already part of some skincare products. Drying effect may be a good sign like antifungal shampoos (ketoconazole, selenium sulfide..),

MrsS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
if this homemade lotion "works" people should already see results regarding sebum, itch or other skin conditions such as dermatitis quite quickly. Because this ingredient is already part of some skincare products. Drying effect may be a good sign like antifungal shampoos (ketoconazole, selenium sulfide..),

If you put it that way, it "works". I feel a tingling sensation when I apply it. After it dries, my scalp feels normal. No itch or inflammation (I'm prone to scalp inflammation). Too soon for regrowth. I use it on my hair line and temples.

MrsS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I made a new batch yesterday using a coffee filter and that makes a big difference for the drying effect. Hair is also less sticky.

I noticed this morning that the lotion has given my existing hair a boost in just one week. I have tiny hairs of 3-4 cm poppin' up along my hairline. The hairs are frizzy though.... No visible regrowth in the temples.

Will update again in a few weeks

jumpingjackgazz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I made a new batch yesterday using a coffee filter and that makes a big difference for the drying effect. Hair is also less sticky.

I noticed this morning that the lotion has given my existing hair a boost in just one week. I have tiny hairs of 3-4 cm poppin' up along my hairline. The hairs are frizzy though.... No visible regrowth in the temples.

Will update again in a few weeks

Hi MrsS, Can you already post pics of those poppin' frizzy hairs ?
That'd great to have every one's feedback !

ciao dude

MrsS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
3-4 cm? That seems pretty amazing. Only one week?

No I already had these hairs before Lactoferrin (existing hairs). I see they have grown enough to stand out, i.e. they have become visible/frizzy. The hairs are now 3-4 cm, so they've grown approx. 1-1,5 cm in one week.

GotHair?

Established Member
Reaction score
@MrsS
Hi which capsules did you order?
And I'm guessing you are using coffee filters to put the contents of the capsules then you pour water through it, right?

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Human head hair grows 0.4mn per day so anything superior to 3mm per week is unrealistic

MrsS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@MrsS
Hi which capsules did you order?
And I'm guessing you are using coffee filters to put the contents of the capsules then you pour water through it, right?
The brand is AOV. I mix the capsules with distilld water in a glass container and shake it one minute. I leave it in the fridge for 2-3 hours, pour it in the coffee filter and then back in the glass container.

MrsS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Human head hair grows 0.4mn per day so anything superior to 3mm per week is unrealistic

I understand, that's the average. However, my hair normally grows about 1,5 - 2 cm per month. Could be genetics, hormonen etc

GotHair?

Established Member
Reaction score
The brand is AOV. I mix the capsules with distilld water in a glass container and shake it one minute. I leave it in the fridge for 2-3 hours, pour it in the coffee filter and then back in the glass container.
SO this is it: https://www.vitaminedesk.eu/en/product-1137+lactoferrin+30+capsules+aov-8253 ?
I am guessing you are putting the powder in the water? It is of course understandable I just want to be sure.

You are a woman or a man? I'm asking because women are usually better responders for hair loss remedies.
I just want to say you have a awesome hairline that mostly women have that kind of thick hairline. This is why I assumed you might be or might not be a woman.

Last edited:

MrsS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
SO this is it: https://www.vitaminedesk.eu/en/product-1137+lactoferrin+30+capsules+aov-8253 ?
I am guessing you are putting the powder in the water? It is of course understandable I just want to be sure.

You are a woman,right? I'm asking because women are usually better responders for hair loss remedies.

That's the brand! I open the capsules, put the powder in the distilled water and shake it vigorously.

I'm a woman, 32. And yes, I respond fast to treatments, just like I easily get an allergic reaction to treatments (minoxidil, onion juice, Castor oil etc). However, I still shed more than average (80+ hairs daily).

GotHair?

Established Member
Reaction score
That's the brand! I open the capsules, put the powder in the distilled water and shake it vigorously.

I'm a woman, 32. And yes, I respond fast to treatments, just like I easily get an allergic reaction to treatments (minoxidil, onion juice, Castor oil etc). However, I still shed more than average (80+ hairs daily).
Thank you! I've ordered some lactoferrin capsules in my country. They only contain lactoferrin and 200mg per capsule.
Gonna try it to see if it works. I've also started biton + zinc daily plus I'm gonna order that reuteri probiotic plus 2 or 3 times per week Nizoral.

Ng Mobile

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you guys using the filtered water on your hair, or are you taking the filtered residue that left behind on top of tge cofee filter and remixing it with water? I'm confused on that part.