Lactoferrin As A Promoter Of Hair Growth

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have already applied 3 doses. 300 mg will dissolve in 10 ml which is no trouble at all to apply to scalp and if anything makes sure the scalp is covered.
please tell me that you're taking pictures

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So some people already concluded it doesn't work based on a few products with lactoferrin disappearing in the past 10 years, before here anyone even got it let alone tried it. Nice! That's good old HairLossTalk.com that I know. No wonder no-one gets anywhere... :p

There will always be people mocking experiments but the very same people will applaud if there is positive outcome. tbh I have always though that there was already an existing compound on the market that could cure androgenetic alopecia. Now this random thing is yet to be "dicovered". Sometimes unexpected happens. Look for example, in belgium they may have found the super potent antimicrobiotic after some random observations but the drug (tricagelor)was originally used for coronary diseases. I wish I could read that drug reverses androgenetic alopecia though.. ; )

Alex Contee

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So some people already concluded it doesn't work based on a few products with lactoferrin disappearing in the past 10 years, before here anyone even got it let alone tried it. Nice! That's good old HairLossTalk.com that I know. No wonder no-one gets anywhere... :p
This didn’t happen

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
This didn’t happen

It's always the same, someone finds an old thread / product and goes "Oh this has already been tried, surely if it worked we would know by now." And then the whole thing is forgotten again until the next time someone picks it up. Very rarely do people even try anything properly.

RatherLurk

My Regimen
Reaction score

So providing information is already being too negative? Why not have a levelheaded approach to 'new' research? I never claimed that it couldn't work, there is also the scenario that those products were simply poorly marketed and/or the company behind it going bankrupt. But it is still something to keep in mind is it not?

I mean we are talking about a water based solution that is claimed to outperform Minoxidil by a great margin. That seriously would be one of the biggest breakthroughs for hairloss of the past 10 years.

I am actually going to try this stuff out, but at the same time I will have realistic expectations.

charlie76761

Established Member
Reaction score
No reply back from the researcher unfortunately on how to make a 200mg/ml sol but i think that question was well answered by Ng Mobile's post on the patent showing what you need to do to produce at that level mg/ml (should we employ a compounding lab to follow this lab required process - the active ingredient cant be expensive given you can buy 300mg x 60 caps (18g of it) on amazon for $28 - raw goods cant be more than $5-10 - just need to find a decent source)

Based on hailbrotzu's post that you can dissolve 300mg in 10ml, i've gone ahead and purchased pills from Amazon - will take before and after photos

Expectations are low - i dont think it's the miracle cure we all crave for given it seems to have been trailed on humans before via the Taiwanese products but didnt seem to go anywhere from there (if it was the miracle, you'd think they would have been at least one or two with full growth evidence and then there's little chance the patent owner or bigger medical companies would have not jumped on it given the billion $ market potential).

Who knows, will give it a shot - hopefully additive at least. if not, we move on! One thing is true - every day we one day closer to the cure! /-:

Bushi

Reaction score
I tried it yesterday, but my scalp dries up and it started itching. It also gad a bit of a weird smell to it.

Mine isn't 100% pure.lactoferrin. There is also some zinc and vitamin c in it. Only saw this when it was deliverd. Although zinc is also good for the hair, so it seems as a good combo.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
what exactly is biotin-labeled lactoferrin? can't find it anywhere on amazon

You're not gonna find that. It's a modification to the lactoferrin that the researches did by attaching biotin in order to be able to track how it reaches the hair follicle and binds to the dermal papilla, I reckon.

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You're not gonna find that. It's a modification to the lactoferrin that the researches did by attaching biotin in order to be able to track how it reaches the hair follicle and binds to the dermal papilla, I reckon.
yes exactly, it's only used for isolation or determination of location in a tissue, it does not have any role on its therapeutic properties

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why not just dissolve capsules in a minoxidil topical, which already has polysorbate 80 as the liquid medium.

Ng Mobile

My Regimen
Reaction score
I tried it yesterday, but my scalp dries up and it started itching. It also gad a bit of a weird smell to it.

Mine isn't 100% pure.lactoferrin. There is also some zinc and vitamin c in it. Only saw this when it was deliverd. Although zinc is also good for the hair, so it seems as a good combo.

Nice keep us posted....how did you apply it? With a spray? I'm assuming the lactoferrin is being left behind on your scalp after the water evaporate/gets absorbed hence the drying effect. Maybe lower the mg per ml?

J222

My Regimen
Reaction score
The proposed formula has stability for 6 months:

"For commercialization of bLF, another paper [15]
showed that bLF in the new liquid formulation, containing
1mg/mL bLf, 1.74mg/mL arginine, 15% (w/v) trehalose,
and 0.02% (v/v) Tween 80 in 100mM sodium phosphate
buffer at pH 6.5, was stable under various storage conditions
for 6months."[/QUOTE]

***What is the BLf and are these all the ingredients to try this formulation, someone else mentioned something about distilled water????*******

J222

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone know exactly how you would compound the formula they have been talking about? Lactoferrin isn't available any where in solution form

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The proposed formula has stability for 6 months:

"For commercialization of bLF, another paper [15]
showed that bLF in the new liquid formulation, containing
1mg/mL bLf, 1.74mg/mL arginine, 15% (w/v) trehalose,
and 0.02% (v/v) Tween 80 in 100mM sodium phosphate
buffer at pH 6.5, was stable under various storage conditions
for 6months."

***What is the BLf and are these all the ingredients to try this formulation, someone else mentioned something about distilled water????*******[/QUOTE]

bLF= bovine lactoferrin
In this unique case water should be enough

Is not going to be available in solution, it needs to be diluted in pure water