Lactoferrin As A Promoter Of Hair Growth

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
can anybody give their input on the best way to formulate a topical from a supplement? just dissolve it in distilled water?

In the past there have been many drugs that could regrow hairs but had serious side effects and guess what, lactoferritin has been studied for treatment and prevention of cancer(has been reported to inhibit several types of cancer.) so for one time we are lucky enough. Now, does it really work on human? I guess we have nothing to lose but time and money. like always this is our fight but we can still expect the unexpected. ; )
I have seen some studies the dissolved 1% (in distilled water) for injection and again 5% in distilled to test stability... so for daily batch that should do the trick.
that said I don't think I will apply this on my head but I'm really interested in buying this as oral supp for overall health.

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes I found a lot of Polysorbate 80, but not the version they proposed. They specifically stated a sodium phosphate buffered 6.5 ph. What you posted has a different buffer. But maybe it doesn't really matter...
that PBS has a pH of 7.4 , it's not excellent but it's fine, as long as is lower than 8
so you would only need to add some tween 80

hailbrotzu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
so a treatment that could potentially work much better than available treatments without side effects that could be made at home for probably not that much money????

Where the hype at? If i was a chemist i would have ordered this stuff by now

Also if u didnt see the full study look at the pics of the mice after just 5-7 days their hair growth is insane

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1. lactoferrin 250mg
2. dissolve in 1.25mL of water each one. let excipients to settle down at the bottom
3. use short time batches (1 per week)
4. apply as soon as possible and store at 4ºC

MaestroTR

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So, should we buy Lactoferrin pills and crush them, then dissolve then in water?

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So, should we buy Lactoferrin pills and crush them, then dissolve then in water?
I don't think lactoferrin are pills but rather capsules with powder inside them. that makes sense

Alex Contee

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1. lactoferrin 250mg
2. dissolve in 1.25mL of water each one. let excipients to settle down at the bottom
Would it not essentially be a paste at 250mg/1.25mL?

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Would it not essentially be a paste at 250mg/1.25mL?
yes probably and it would need to be diluted but it really does not matter because
in the end the relevant parameter would be mg of lactoferrin / cm2 of scalp / day
regardless whether you spray 1mL or 10mL

BaldAsshole

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
403_2019_1920_Fig5_HTML.png

SamFT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1. lactoferrin 250mg
Distilled water correct?

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Distilled water correct?
For short term 7 days water is enough
Pbs buffer is for future commercialization
Please take pictures before
Same angle same light same length of hair thanks a lot
It is a sideless cheap bioagent we need to try asap

hailbrotzu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ordering lactoferrin pills today. They are quite cheap like $35 for a bottle of 60 pills at 250 mg. Im going to mix with distilled water every few days and apply twice a day.

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ordering lactoferrin pills today. They are quite cheap like $35 for a bottle of 60 pills at 250 mg. Im going to mix with distilled water every few days and apply twice a day.
Excellent. Lactoferrin seems to act very fast so we soon should see if there's any effect on growth or not

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
I bought the Life Extension ones but it will probably take 2 weeks until I get them.