Lactoferrin As A Promoter Of Hair Growth

pimpsmacker

My Regimen
Reaction score
Idk about any theory on it, just like animals shed more in the summer and less in the winter to regulate their temperature, it makes sense that humans would too. I haven't noticed any difference in my hair except for that it's more dry from the residue from the solution. I may try upping the amount of water to see if i can get the lactoferrin to fully dissolve.
I highly doubt the warmer temp is creating that much significant shed like when we first use finasteride or minoxi

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why isn’t anyone using lactate instead? Studies have shown it promotes stem cells and it is apart of the jak and stat5 pathways. Plays a huge part.

MrsS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why isn’t anyone using lactate instead? Studies have shown it promotes stem cells and it is apart of the jak and stat5 pathways. Plays a huge part.

I've read the study briefly this morning. So increasing lactate seemingly has a positive effect on hair follicle stem cells and boosts the production of hair in mice. They have identified two drugs RCGD423 and UK5099 which encourage stem cells to increase lactate production. Can't find online if these drugs are readily available. Lactoferrin is available for a reasonable price (here in Holland) and the lotion is easy to make, so that's why we're experimenting with Lactoferrin.

How about you? Are you interested in replicating the study on lactate? If so, it's interesting to see hoe etc.

Edit: Just read the Read on lactate and your post on how to try it, so never mind the questions..

Last edited:

MrsS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I highly doubt the warmer temp is creating that much significant shed like when we first use finasteride or minoxi

High cortisol, androgens, birth control, growth stimulans, inflammation, microneedling etc can alle cause (temporary) shedding. Which is why it's so hard to stop it.

True story: I was so stressed and thought high cortisol might be the cause of losing hair. I used ashwaganda which lowers cortisol. Worked so well for the stress. Two weeks later: a dread shed. Turns out ashwaganda lowers cortisol but increases testosterone. And the search for the cause continued

pimpsmacker

My Regimen
Reaction score
High cortisol, androgens, birth control, growth stimulans, inflammation, microneedling etc can alle cause (temporary) shedding. Which is why it's so hard to stop it.

True story: I was so stressed and thought high cortisol might be the cause of losing hair. I used ashwaganda which lowers cortisol. Worked so well for the stress. Two weeks later: a dread shed. Turns out ashwaganda lowers cortisol but increases testosterone. And the search for the cause continued

I believe that. First time I took finasteride I went through a shed. But the temperature shedding doesn’t seem significant like we would see from all this hair loss stuff or else we’d noticed it way before our journey here

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've read the study briefly this morning. So increasing lactate seemingly has a positive effect on hair follicle stem cells and boosts the production of hair in mice. They have identified two drugs RCGD423 and UK5099 which encourage stem cells to increase lactate production. Can't find online if these drugs are readily available. Lactoferrin is available for a reasonable price (here in Holland) and the lotion is easy to make, so that's why we're experimenting with Lactoferrin.

How about you? Are you interested in replicating the study on lactate? If so, it's interesting to see hoe etc.

Edit: Just read the Read on lactate and your post on how to try it, so never mind the questions..

I will let you guys know how my lactate experiment goes. I usually take hi def photos of my temples everyday. Been doing it for like past 7 months lol. I am on finasteride too

Jochem

My Regimen
Reaction score
Idk about any theory on it, just like animals shed more in the summer and less in the winter to regulate their temperature, it makes sense that humans would too. I haven't noticed any difference in my hair except for that it's more dry from the residue from the solution. I may try upping the amount of water to see if i can get the lactoferrin to fully dissolve.

FYI, I use approximately 100mg/ml and apply 3ml each time right now (only in the evening, in the morning only when possible), makes my hair quite dry as well. What I tend to do now is sprinkle some (regular) water on my hair and massage it in after 2-3h of initial application in the hope that any remainder lactoferrin is also dissolved and absorbed.

Can't wait to start shedding..

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Let us know about your results :)

@MrsS just to make sure, are you using this brand? https://www.voedingssupplementennederland.nl/en/aov-1137-lactoferrine-30cap.html
I might switch to AOV brand as well as it's cheaper for me

Will do. You you all don’t hear from me posting about any success or results from this in three months. Consider it a fail.

Day 3 on lactic acid on left temple and day 3 of dexa on right temple. All while being on Finasteride. Age 26. Eating healthy. Anabolic calorie surplus and working out.

MrsS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
my temple looks like this after a month of applying lactoferrin. you can see a thick patch of vellus hair coming through. nothing cosmetically relevant though as you can only see the vellus hair from the right angle and lighting:

https://unsee.cc/c0ea2661/

Are those all new vellus hairs?? That's good progress after only a month, damn!

How's the shedding at your end?

baldlygoing

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm going to give this a try as well. Hopefully kick the vellous growth from needling/minoxidil up a notch.

I searched for "pure lactoferrin" powder and the only one that comes up without the extra ingredients is from Alibaba, which I'm not really sure I trust ordering from. Plus the price point is a little steep just to try it out. Obviously if it works I would gladly pay for it.

Does anyone have a good source of powder or are you all using the pills that contain some filler?

theGloriousFollicle

My Regimen
Reaction score
i was thinking to contact one of the larger suppliers at alibaba and ask them for a sample of 100g. would be enough for 1,5 years of supply for free :D
but not sure if i can trust them. will stick with the pills for the next months to see whether progress continues
You're using AOR brand? mind telling how did you filter the powder and how did you prepare the "lotion"?

MrJolly16

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I asked the author of the study for more info about any commercial products and he said that renorigin innovation institute is developing the related products: http://www.renorigin.com/english/application.php.

Especially the pharmano product seems interesting as it mentions a product with a lactoferrin peptide that can "stimulate dermal papilla".

Thanks @Jochem! Only question then is when will they be available...

By the way, that website is crap: http://www.renorigin.com/english/application.php

Last edited:

Jochem

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks @Jochem! Only question then is when will they be available...

By the way, that website is crap: http://www.renorigin.com/english/application.php

Yes the website is so unclear, but I think this is usually the case when the products are still under development. I have asked the people from the site if they could tell me more but did not get a response yet.

The site does mention that hairlycin (trademark of the peptide or something) is drug-free; an optimistic interpretation of that would read that it doesnt require excessive testing and or approval?!?

hailbrotzu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Great Work @Jochem. I also contacted Renorigin to see if they have any more information on the product effectiveness and timeline of release.

PeggyPeterson

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
While waiting for my order of lactoferrin, I’ve just had a thought and googled along the lines of “Lactoferrin Cream/ointment/lotion” and there’s quite a few products I found! (I won’t link any as I don’t want to be accused for shilling).

So has anyone considered buying topical lactoferrin rather than makings it at home?