Lactoferrin As A Promoter Of Hair Growth

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
here we go: https://unsee.cc/8bbe5122/
keep in mind that this is my one month progress so far. in the meantime i have discovered little vellus hair within my hairline as well. hope they will become terminal one day

How about shedding on other parts of your head? Are you still losing hair/getting worse in any other area? What I mean is, are you maintaining?

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I never seen any conclusive study on humans so far. There were lot men out their who would have participated if they were paid sum of money. Why mice?

Why mice?

Do you want cancer, crazy allergies and other things that can't be accounted for in an experiment?

Lets settle down for a bit and think about the actual consequences with those chemicals and other treatments that researchers use. It might be you don't care about your health and want to be paid to ruin it. Good for you. But in the end I don't know anyone who accept are treatment that reduces their life quality to a point where they live of medicine, or got "robbed" a significant amount of life years for some experimental treatment.

And there is a lot of conclusive studies done on humans. Its just requires that you exercise the internet a bit.

You know, searching for relevant information.

PeggyPeterson

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@MrsS you haven’t formally had your hairloss diagnosd have you?
I don’t see any pattern to your loss as such that would indicate that it’s Androgenetic Alopecia. I also don’t see any obvious miniaturisation on your hairline. I do know that recession is quite common in Telogen Effluvium and chronic Telogen Effluvium. I’m sure you’ve had a myriad of blood tests already and know whether or not there is anything else “wrong” that could instigate a shed, but I would not be too quick to call this Androgenetic Alopecia. Most definitive test would be a scalp biopsy, although sometimes the waters between Androgenetic Alopecia and chronic Telogen Effluvium are murky even with this sort of test.

Hey Georgie,

How can you tell apart Androgenetic Alopecia and CTE? What do you mean by “Pattern”? I kind of thought FPHL was just diffuse all over. Also how do you tell the diff between miniaturized and growing hair?

When I look at photos of yours and MrsS it all looks the same to me *shrugs*

I was told once that CTE pts tend to have extremely think and full hair, but just shed more than usual.

polishkickbuttowski

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i am also taking the capsules and dissolving them in distilled water. however, i am not filtering the solution.

to be honest, i don't think that the solution makes my hair thicker but it makes my hair grow faster (can you second that @MrsS ?), especially my vellus hair. as a diffuse thinner this is a bit disappointing. anyway give me another couple of months and i will give you my personal conclusion on lactoferrin. still hoping for the best.

in the meantime i will try to stack it with this:

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...-papilla-cells-and-induces-hair.123254/page-2

and maybe this:

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...m-different-parts-of-alpinia-zerumbet.123068/

i have contacted the researchers regarding the costunolide solution. anyone willing to jump on that train with me?

here we go: https://unsee.cc/8bbe5122/
keep in mind that this is my one month progress so far. in the meantime i have discovered little vellus hair within my hairline as well. hope they will become terminal one day
I haven't noticed any difference in hair quality from lactoferrin, but of course it's very early. My shedding has slowed down, but is still more than before i started lactoferrin. Im thinking about jumping on costunolide as well, do you think that amazon link in the post is the best place to buy it? It seems like it could be really good for hair based on how many different pathways it worked from.

baldlygoing

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I emailed the company of the product I was considering to find out exactly how much Lactoferrin was in the product per serving and here was their response:

"There is 20 mcg of lactoferrin per mL in the Colostrum Gold Liquid - Unflavored. The ingredients are: Bovine Colostrum. CONTAINS MILK (May contain up to 1,000 parts per million of casein)."

20 mcg seems very low, no? I had hoped to buy something already made but looking like I will need to get the pills and make the solution myself.

Murat312

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does Lactoferrin have an effect on topical dht ? Or does it only help to grow and hopefully regrow hair faster ?

Guts

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys. This is a bit off topic, but there’s an interesting thread about a guy who had an FMT done and it did wonders on his hair. As I stated in the comments I find it interesting that his gut health promoted insanely better hair, and coincidentally lactoferrin is something used for gut health and to treat ulcers etc. maybe the gut has more to do with hairloss than simply DHT alone. Check it out and share your thoughts

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...ransplant-stopped-my-hair-loss-photos.123168/

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey Georgie,

How can you tell apart Androgenetic Alopecia and CTE? What do you mean by “Pattern”? I kind of thought FPHL was just diffuse all over. Also how do you tell the diff between miniaturized and growing hair?

When I look at photos of yours and MrsS it all looks the same to me *shrugs*

I was told once that CTE pts tend to have extremely think and full hair, but just shed more than usual.
Growing hair and miniaturised hair are totally different. Miniaturised hair is weak, kinks, a grey-brown or almost translucent blonde colour and doesn’t blend with the rest of the hair. It sticks out and if tugged can come out easily, without a bulb or with an incredibly small one because it’s dying.

True enough that female hairloss doesn’t quite have obvious patterns like men, but generally there is quality to the hair that is distinctive to the disease. I could be totally wrong of course about @MrsS hairloss, and she did state that she was sort of diagnosed with it.

CTE and Androgenetic Alopecia can look very very similar. You can have shedding, recession and diffuse thinning with both, and after some time I believe that you can also experience a degree of miniturisation with CTE too. I think it’s just a case of doing your own investigation to find out. I have hair loss on both sides of my family, and severe miniturisation on the hairline, all the way around. Also loss of facial hair which is something bizarre which my father also experienced. I can pretty much point to my genetics as the culprit.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys. This is a bit off topic, but there’s an interesting thread about a guy who had an FMT done and it did wonders on his hair. As I stated in the comments I find it interesting that his gut health promoted insanely better hair, and coincidentally lactoferrin is something used for gut health and to treat ulcers etc. maybe the gut has more to do with hairloss than simply DHT alone. Check it out and share your thoughts

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...ransplant-stopped-my-hair-loss-photos.123168/
Wow. I’m jealous.

Renegade000

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Would this would be helpful for hair to take internally?
It’s good for gut health either way, but it does apparently remove iron from the body so some caution is required on that.

dietcoke1987

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just as a side note I get roughly 180mg per ml of the Life Extension Apolactoferrin dissolved in water after decanting twice and accounting for removal filler and water lost. This is using a mg scale. So I don't get where people are saying 10mg per ml is max solubility and these other extremely low numbers, and it can't be because I'm using Apolactoferrin because in the study they said they got 300mg/ml... Also I don't know why people would bother wanting to buy a product with it in it given it's so cheap and easy to make a highly concentrated FRESH solution of ones own, a commercial product will never come close due to stability and shelf life issues. I wouldn't doubt it if this diy method is significantly superior than the topical the researchers are working on because once again stability and shelf life is a very hard issue to overcome and of course there is no money in it for them to tell people to make it fresh themselves. Also remember since it's just lactoferrin and water it isn't full of stabilizers and so on which leave a film and prevent the absorption and application of other topicals one might want to use.

Jochem

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just as a side note I get roughly 180mg per ml of the Life Extension Apolactoferrin dissolved in water after decanting twice and accounting for removal filler and water lost. This is using a mg scale. So I don't get where people are saying 10mg per ml is max solubility and these other extremely low numbers, and it can't be because I'm using Apolactoferrin because in the study they said they got 300mg/ml... Also I don't know why people would bother wanting to buy a product with it in it given it's so cheap and easy to make a highly concentrated FRESH solution of ones own, a commercial product will never come close due to stability and shelf life issues. I wouldn't doubt it if this diy method is significantly superior than the topical the researchers are working on because once again stability and shelf life is a very hard issue to overcome and of course there is no money in it for them to tell people to make it fresh themselves. Also remember since it's just lactoferrin and water it isn't full of stabilizers and so on which leave a film and prevent the absorption and application of other topicals one might want to use.

My main concern is that the DIY topical solution is not efficiently absorbed via the hair shaft. I use approx 100mg/ml and my hair just gets really dry and residu is left on the scalp. I would buy a highly concentrated commercial product with a different, more easily penetrating, carrier if that doesn't alter the therapeutic effect of lactoferrine. I dont have the required knowledge to make something similar myself.

I also find it remarkable that the researcher himself said they are using lactoferrin peptides to increase penetration... Unfortunately the pharmano company gave me a terrible quote on their hairlycin product (around 90 euro for a lotion that should last 2-3 weeks if used twice a day), also the study results dont seem so convincing except for the two photos.

In the mean time I will stick with my own topical. Almost 3 weeks in but cant report any shedding.

morfeuzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1f42tr3T2zYwARVeyYiZ2-s2cr6uNgyhT/view?usp=drive_web

The Renorigin company sent me these before and after photos. Right above those pics it explains that only 65% of test subjects saw a 2% increase in hair density. They said that the product is available only in Taiwan however we could order it. Does this look worth it? The pictures look good but the study results don't seem good.

Did anyone actually order the product from Taiwan.
Is there any prefferd communication route .

Jochem

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone have any idea/suggestions to increase solubility/ penetration through skin via a different carrier? In the patent hold by one of the researchers of the lactoferrin they mention DMSO as a non-active ingredient but that sounds dangerous as it can make anything penetrate your skin and I have no clue what I am doing...

dietcoke1987

My Regimen
Reaction score
My main concern is that the DIY topical solution is not efficiently absorbed via the hair shaft. I use approx 100mg/ml and my hair just gets really dry and residu is left on the scalp. I would buy a highly concentrated commercial product with a different, more easily penetrating, carrier if that doesn't alter the therapeutic effect of lactoferrine. I dont have the required knowledge to make something similar myself.

I also find it remarkable that the researcher himself said they are using lactoferrin peptides to increase penetration... Unfortunately the pharmano company gave me a terrible quote on their hairlycin product (around 90 euro for a lotion that should last 2-3 weeks if used twice a day), also the study results dont seem so convincing except for the two photos.

In the mean time I will stick with my own topical. Almost 3 weeks in but cant report any shedding.

There really is no way around not having lots of residue due to the nature of this topical being so large it can only be absorbed by way of the hair follicle. So in relation the concentration has to be bumped up high to increase the amount that makes it to be absorbed in this fashion, so lots of residue. That's why I said we may very well have a more effective diy topical ourselves than anything the researchers come up with since they are working on isolating a smaller fraction of the protein that can still give the same benefits yet will help greatly with them making a stable topical with a good shelf life that hopefully can absorb better. To achieve those results they may have to sacrifice potency. Peptides/proteins are notoriously hard to formulate skincare products with due to how fragile they are.

That's why I brought up I think in my first post how this is a perfect candidate for use after micro needling. It will significantly increase absorption. When I say microneedling I mean using a depth solely for penetration which would be 0.25mm and can be used daily in that regard. Not talking about the 1.5mm weekly "treatment" depth. There really is no redness at that depth. Having hydrated skin is one of the most effective ways to increase penetration of topicals so adding some sodium lactate, trehalose, and TMG which all increase cellular hydration and seem to perhaps have some benefit for hair might be wise.

There are probably many other options, here is a good place to start to look into the subject further. But remember heat/vibration and ethanol and so on can usually easily damage peptides. Otherwise sonication, needle-less injection, or making ones own liposome with a hand held liposome extruder would likely be easy options, maybe they still are for all I know.

https://www.longdom.org/open-access/penetration-enhancement-techniques-1920-4159-1000235.pdf

Here are the handheld liposome extruders. But the pressure going through the tight channels might easily destroy the peptide.
https://ttscientific.com/collections/nanosizer-mini-2

There is however a very easy way to make a diy liposome for skincare. There is a patented solution where all you do is add the active and stir by hand and it automatically makes the liposomes but ordering is the issue. pro-lipo™ neo makes 250nm liposomes with both water and fat soluble substances as easy as stiring them in

There are other options but this is all that comes to mind at the moment. Hope this helps.

Jochem

My Regimen
Reaction score
There really is no way around not having lots of residue due to the nature of this topical being so large it can only be absorbed by way of the hair follicle. So in relation the concentration has to be bumped up high to increase the amount that makes it to be absorbed in this fashion, so lots of residue. That's why I said we may very well have a more effective diy topical ourselves than anything the researchers come up with since they are working on isolating a smaller fraction of the protein that can still give the same benefits yet will help greatly with them making a stable topical with a good shelf life that hopefully can absorb better. To achieve those results they may have to sacrifice potency. Peptides/proteins are notoriously hard to formulate skincare products with due to how fragile they are.

That's why I brought up I think in my first post how this is a perfect candidate for use after micro needling. It will significantly increase absorption. When I say microneedling I mean using a depth solely for penetration which would be 0.25mm and can be used daily in that regard. Not talking about the 1.5mm weekly "treatment" depth. There really is no redness at that depth. Having hydrated skin is one of the most effective ways to increase penetration of topicals so adding some sodium lactate, trehalose, and TMG which all increase cellular hydration and seem to perhaps have some benefit for hair might be wise.

There are probably many other options, here is a good place to start to look into the subject further. But remember heat/vibration and ethanol and so on can usually easily damage peptides. Otherwise sonication, needle-less injection, or making ones own liposome with a hand held liposome extruder would likely be easy options, maybe they still are for all I know.

https://www.longdom.org/open-access/penetration-enhancement-techniques-1920-4159-1000235.pdf

Here are the handheld liposome extruders. But the pressure going through the tight channels might easily destroy the peptide.
https://ttscientific.com/collections/nanosizer-mini-2

There is however a very easy way to make a diy liposome for skincare. There is a patented solution where all you do is add the active and stir by hand and it automatically makes the liposomes but ordering is the issue. pro-lipo™ neo makes 250nm liposomes with both water and fat soluble substances as easy as stiring them in

There are other options but this is all that comes to mind at the moment. Hope this helps.

So I assume you are using this at very high concentration in combination with microneedling? What is your experience so far or is it too early too tell?

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
What are the concentrations you all are using? I'm doing 3 capsules (900 mg) in 75 mL which is around 12 mg/mL. Is that too low ?