Lactoferrin As A Promoter Of Hair Growth

MrsS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What are the concentrations you all are using? I'm doing 3 capsules (900 mg) in 75 mL which is around 12 mg/mL. Is that too low ?

At the moment 5 capsules (2000 mg) per 60 ml. I replaced the dropper with a spray, much easier! Shedding is improving, though more than usual.

MrsS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
caging hard at these bullshit anecdotal evidence. WE NEED PICS

If you bothered to read the thread you would see my pics. Updating again with side by side pics in three weeks, then I'll hit the two month mark.

Would you like to see pics of my shedding? I think I have a bunch of hairs in the trash and the vacuüm last from week, they look like little bird nests.

MrsS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Roberta posted a pic which showed some improvement (according to him). No baseline to compare it to though.

This could be one to watch, although it'll probably end up being yet another bust like brotzu, zix, zinc thymulin, sandalore and everything else in between

Well, what do you guys expect? It's good to be realistic. Like any treatment it will work for some but not for others. That's why we're all experimenting to find the "cure" for us personally. Nobody said this could be the magic bullet for all. Lactoferrin regrew my hair, but it doesn't halt my hairloss. In fact, my shedding increased in the 4th week and I lost density. However, I'm gonna sit it through and give it enough time.

The magic bullet would have to work through different pathways to beat hairloss. I believe @roberta posted an interesting thread about that. I wouldnt expect Lactoferrin to do that.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
btw: i had a massive shed during the last 3 days...

Me too god damn, but I started some supplements recently so I can' tell if it's just my baldness getting worse from the increased androgens or if it's lactoferrin causing the shed.

Renegade000

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are we assuming that shedding is a good sign with this?

I’m probably put some into zix - with distilled water only.

MrsS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are we assuming that shedding is a good sign with this?

I’m probably put some into zix - with distilled water only.

Dunno man, too soon to conclude the shed is positive or negative. In terms of density I'm worse off than baseline, but temples and hairline are above.

MrsS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Me too god damn, but I started some supplements recently so I can' tell if it's just my baldness getting worse from the increased androgens or if it's lactoferrin causing the shed.

How many weeks are you into the treatment? Can you tell a bit more about the shed? Are you shedding long (>3cm) OR short hairs? Vellus, terminal?

MrsS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
btw: i had a massive shed during the last 3 days...

Man, sorry to hear that. It's hard to tell if I can attribute anything to Zix but the shedding is getting better. Or it could be a natural cycle... Wish I knew more about the how's and why's of shedding.

P.s. sorry for the separete posts, it's difficult to multiquote on my mobile phone.

MrsS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you use distilled water for zix? Is that good enough for penetration?
I use ethyl alcohol (10ml) to dissolve Zinc and b6 + distilled water (about 50 ml). Zix will leave residu so been thinking about filtering that as well (coffee filter).

I believe you need a bit of alcohol for penetration, haven't tried a water only solution. Still on the fence for an alternative vehicle, like DSMO. Maybe @Georgie knows, given her knowledge and experience on this?

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
How many weeks are you into the treatment? Can you tell a bit more about the shed? Are you shedding long (>3cm) OR short hairs? Vellus, terminal?

3 weeks in a few days. Mostly long terminals, occasional vellus (or something miniaturized in-between). Pull test has largely increased, I can usually pull 2-3 terminals from any area of the head, but it is concentrated in crown and mid-scalp. Frontal island notably thinner however as well.

bluesuedeshoes

Established Member
Reaction score
Thought we had issues with the plumbing. Turns out it's this stuff. Anyone else have a pretty pongy smell from their solution?!

polishkickbuttowski

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thought we had issues with the plumbing. Turns out it's this stuff. Anyone else have a pretty pongy smell from their solution?!
Yep, I'm using Life Extensions lactoferrin and the solution smells pretty nasty. I assumed it was some kind of mold growing, but even after heavily sanitizing my containers it's still there.

MrsS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
3 weeks in a few days. Mostly long terminals, occasional vellus (or something miniaturized in-between). Pull test has largely increased, I can usually pull 2-3 terminals from any area of the head, but it is concentrated in crown and mid-scalp. Frontal island notably thinner however as well.

Damn. People who want to try this should take take this into consideration when starting Lactoferrin. If makes me wonder if we should use something with it, a topical AA or 5ar inhibitor?

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score

My LEF apolactoferrin dissolved in distilled water has no more smell than the water itself. Lactoferrin has iron so it's possible some bacteria are feeding on that...

Damn. People who want to try this should take take this into consideration when starting Lactoferrin. If makes me wonder if we should use something with it, a topical AA or 5ar inhibitor?

No idea, I have hormonal issues since Finasteride which I am trying to fix and using supplements for that...so the shedding could be totally unrelated since I'm doing vitamin D supplementation, tribulus cycles and some other crap... could just be Androgenetic Alopecia progressing due to that. I'm done with Finasteride but if the shedding continues unabated then I will add RU58841 or something.

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
What about topical lactoferin with microneedling? Would it work as the study stated it upregulate beneficial wnt pathways? I am using castor oils to suppress PGD2 and skin regeneration. Should I add lactoferrin to my regimen?