Lactoferrin As A Promoter Of Hair Growth

MrsS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
While waiting for my order of lactoferrin, I’ve just had a thought and googled along the lines of “Lactoferrin Cream/ointment/lotion” and there’s quite a few products I found! (I won’t link any as I don’t want to be accused for shilling).

So has anyone considered buying topical lactoferrin rather than makings it at home?

I have long hair, so creams/ointments are inconvenient. If it is available in a lotion, I might buy it. It's quite easy to make it though...

Last edited:

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Seems this is our guy, but it could be a fake account: https://twitter.com/Min_Chuan_Huang

Hope this isn´t the new Brotzu...

Nah, it can't be the new Brotzu. It lacks a shady Italian doctor, tons of unwarranted hype, and most importantly, you don't have to live on the street to be able to cover your f*****g head with it on a daily basis because of how expensive it is. Even if someone releases an overpriced product with lactoferrin, I can always just buy capsules and make it myself.

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nah, it can't be the new Brotzu. It lacks a shady Italian doctor, tons of unwarranted hype, and most importantly, you don't have to live on the street to be able to cover your f*****g head with it on a daily basis because of how expensive it is. Even if someone releases an overpriced product with lactoferrin, I can always just buy capsules and make it myself.
can you give me a tldr on this ?

I havent been following the thread.

Would appreaciate it. thanks

PeggyPeterson

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey @MrsS , how’s things going with LF?

Since you are on a few other treatments just wanted your opinion, how much is LF contributing to your regrowth? Do you see regrowth everywhere? And are there any sides?

If you could update us on your progress that’d be much appreciated!

baldlygoing

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Or this (since I'm in the US). Is Bovine Colostrum the same as Lactoferrin? It's the only ingredient listed but not sure if liquid formulations are required to list filler ingredients. Would assume it's just filtered water but...? Would the fact that it's already in liquid make it somewhat degraded?

https://www.pureformulas.com/colostrum-gold-liquid-unflavored-16-oz-by-kirkman.html?rrec=true

Hesitant to post a link but you'd have to be like the Count of Monte Cristo to put 17 years of planning into making a few pennies off of affiliate links, and quite honestly I don't have that kind of patience lol.

MrsS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey @MrsS , how’s things going with LF?

Since you are on a few other treatments just wanted your opinion, how much is LF contributing to your regrowth? Do you see regrowth everywhere? And are there any sides?

If you could update us on your progress that’d be much appreciated!

I'm combining LF with gelatin, but I believe believe LF to be the major boost to hair growth, especially the temples and hairline. It's hard for me to see regrowth on the rest of the scalp, because I have long Hair. I do see a lot of hairs "standing" out, which means they're too short to comb down. Looks ridiculous, but hey it's something.
IMG_20190617_182325.jpg
Thusfar
Pro's: calm scalp, works amazing for sebum (my scalp got oily easily/waxy), new hairs, easy to make.

Cons: sticky hair and shedding. I've been shedding for a week now which is understandable. Hope to slow the shedding down with Zix. Have been stressed out from work as well....

Planning to update with side by side pics in 4 weeks, then I'll hit the two month mark. Happy with the results thusfar.

hailbrotzu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1f42tr3T2zYwARVeyYiZ2-s2cr6uNgyhT/view?usp=drive_web

The Renorigin company sent me these before and after photos. Right above those pics it explains that only 65% of test subjects saw a 2% increase in hair density. They said that the product is available only in Taiwan however we could order it. Does this look worth it? The pictures look good but the study results don't seem good.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1f42tr3T2zYwARVeyYiZ2-s2cr6uNgyhT/view?usp=drive_web

The Renorigin company sent me these before and after photos. Right above those pics it explains that only 65% of test subjects saw a 2% increase in hair density. They said that the product is available only in Taiwan however we could order it. Does this look worth it? The pictures look good but the study results don't seem good.
If possible ask them what the % concentration of lactoferrin they use is.

MrsS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i wonder what their concentration of lactoferrin is and whether there is a linear effect, ie the more the better the regrowth

haircount would have been a much better metric. a bit shady imo

Is anybody looking into experimenting with a ready made LF lotion?

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
@MrsS you haven’t formally had your hairloss diagnosd have you?
I don’t see any pattern to your loss as such that would indicate that it’s Androgenetic Alopecia. I also don’t see any obvious miniaturisation on your hairline. I do know that recession is quite common in Telogen Effluvium and chronic Telogen Effluvium. I’m sure you’ve had a myriad of blood tests already and know whether or not there is anything else “wrong” that could instigate a shed, but I would not be too quick to call this Androgenetic Alopecia. Most definitive test would be a scalp biopsy, although sometimes the waters between Androgenetic Alopecia and chronic Telogen Effluvium are murky even with this sort of test.

MrsS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@MrsS you haven’t formally had your hairloss diagnosd have you?
I don’t see any pattern to your loss as such that would indicate that it’s Androgenetic Alopecia. I also don’t see any obvious miniaturisation on your hairline. I do know that recession is quite common in Telogen Effluvium and chronic Telogen Effluvium. I’m sure you’ve had a myriad of blood tests already and know whether or not there is anything else “wrong” that could instigate a shed, but I would not be too quick to call this Androgenetic Alopecia. Most definitive test would be a scalp biopsy, although sometimes the waters between Androgenetic Alopecia and chronic Telogen Effluvium are murky even with this sort of test.

A dermatologist did blood tests (hormones, iron, thyroid) and the modified Hair wash test to check for Chronic Telogen effluvium or Androgenetic Alopecia. CTE was obvious (900+ hairs) of which 9% were less than 3 cm, thinning hairs. Given my family history and Mirena (highly androgenic) triggered my hair loss, she diagnosed me with CTE+Androgenetic Alopecia and sent me home with minoxidil. She didn't take a scalp biopsy. My mid frontal part is thinning. Got maintenance and soms regrowth with Zix, but I have a visible wide part again (though not as bad as 6 months ago.)

I started with Lactoferrin on my hairline and temples (that was the worst), but also using it on the rest of my scalp now.

klerik

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Not to be a downer, but 2% is nothing. I mean every kind of regrowth is good, but this amount proves nothing if this thing works or not. There are results from placebo in many studies that have had higher regrowth % so probably this is to be added to the list that does nothing.