Koray Erdogan, Istanbul - 3070 Grafts Fue

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
JeanLucBB, how long before the hairline redness totally disappear?

Im almost 7 months and it is still slightly noticeable, although I have very pale skin in general. Still improving each month, I’m guessing around month 9 it will be totally gone. By about month 6 it was no longer noticeable unless you knew what you were looking for

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
How are the scars now?

I don't shave it down that fine because it shows my weird head shape. Donor looks pristine at a fairly short cut though. I'll probably do a general update next few days, then leave it until 12 month mark.

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
Weird head shape? Dude it looked fine in your post op pictures. How close do you shave it though? Woupd it be possible to shave to the skin or will the scars be obvious then?

Anyhow.... I really must say, congrats man. That is an amazing result.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Weird head shape? Dude it looked fine in your post op pictures. How close do you shave it though? Woupd it be possible to shave to the skin or will the scars be obvious then?

Anyhow.... I really must say, congrats man. That is an amazing result.

It's more from the front angle that you notice the sides stick out in a weird way a bit. Got a haircut today that is probably around three months of length and even this is too short for me I think. No chance of buzzing the in the short term, but I'm keen on another 2500 grafts to perfect things and get the hairline exactly how I want it so eventually it will be buzzed again.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey i was wondering if the quality and texture of your hair is the same as yor natural hair, or if its different at all. Mainly, are the grafts different in any way?

Huge textural changes from month 6-7, losing the “kinkiness” everyone take about, they don’t have this annoying curl to them, they darken in color to match natives, and feel softer. They’re looking more and more similar to the natives, but they’re definitely thicker than the natural original hairline hairs.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
So they dont look natural or? Im kinda confused by that answer

They start off looking unnatural but go through major textural changes and then blend in and become similar. They will likely look a bit thicker than the natural hair though.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
So they still dont look natural at the end though? Whys is that? Ive seen some that look pretty freaking natural

No one could tell the difference at this point and obviously I'm only at 7 months so it will still probably improve, but the hairs are always going to be thicker than the originals as the back and sides are naturally thicker. Even the sides which are more similar to original hairline hairs are still a bit thicker than natural.

I mean someone looking at it who knew nothing about transplants would have no idea and think it looks normal, but people who have looked at a lot of transplants will be able to tell. Also relies somewhat on the natural hair texture at the back and sides compared to on the top, some having more major differences than others. My original hairline hairs are almost this see through looking blonde, but the transplant hairs are much darker. Not that it matters because the original hairline is gone and they still blend with the hair behind it.

My hairdresser seemed genuinely very impressed and wasn't aware of modern transplants so I guess that's a pretty good test of things.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
So ur saying people can still tell if they look for it?

The hairs on the front are the same thickness as the back for me. What im really asking is if it changes the texture from ur natural hair at the back, or does it grow in exactly like on the back. Are there scars at the roots or are they seemless?

I'll do some harsh light pics on the weekend.

Grows in exactly like the back and sides, but from the measurements the doctor gave they are about 5-10% thicker than the regular hairs in my old hairline. A regular person wouldn't be able to tell but if you're looking in strong light closely in the mirror you'll see that they're a bit thicker. Doesn't look unnatural, just slightly different than it would have initially looked. It also blends with the hair behind it fine.

No scars at the roots, they definitely look seamless.

Arko

My Regimen
Reaction score
Saw your comment on that hair transplant video in YouTube. You definitely have the same dp as you have in your YT account. Right away I knew that this guy is from Hairloss Talk and looking at the results damn they're impressive. Since I have been to Turkey once (back when I was 14 and didn't worried about hair loss... ahh good times) but since I have thinning on crown and if I end my losing my hairs I pretty much know where to go. Probably scourge my dad for half the money for treatment after all he did gave me a shitty genetic. Hopefully this happens when I am out of law school because those 5 months of recovery is the thing that scares me. Anyway can you tell me that if I could have SMP after hair transplant so that I don't look like a retard? Since I am one of the guy who's cursed with male pattern baldness but can't grow a decent beard.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
7 Months

Things have slowed down the past few weeks, getting bored of updates and thinking about hair at this point and satisfied with where its at. No longer worried about it.

In saying that there are small issues like the left side is slightly less dense and in particular there is a small patch behind the hairline that didn't get enough grafts implanted, not a yield issue but simply not enough density. Also I would like to close the temple areas slightly and add maybe 20% density all over in the previously bare parts of the frontal third. Crown probably needs 800-100 grafts to be where I want it as well.
Probably looking at 2500 grafts to get where I want to finish up.

Almost been a year now on finasteride, no sides, slight improvement in the crown and midscalp peaking at about month 5-6. No further losses. Not in any hurry for another procedure but depending on my finances will probably look for another one in the next 18 months. Overall very happy with ASMED and of course their hospitality at the clinic is impeccable, so would definitely go back to them for a future procedure.

Will probably update again at 12 months, or maybe 10 if there's a noticeable improvement. Maybe occasional phone pic indoors.

upload_2017-11-18_10-22-17.png

upload_2017-11-18_10-24-28.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-11-18_10-22-14.png
    upload_2017-11-18_10-22-14.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 491
Last edited:

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Nice improvement

How many grafts did the doctor say you have left?

What confuses me is that these doctors in turkey and other "fue only" doctors claim patients have as much and in some cases more grafts available than patients who go down the fut route. Where many experts claim ~5000 grafts are available to patients thru fue. Of course if u go out of the safe zone then those numbers can go up a bit.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice improvement

How many grafts did the doctor say you have left?

What confuses me is that these doctors in turkey and other "fue only" doctors claim patients have as much and in some cases more grafts available than patients who go down the fut route. Where many experts claim ~5000 grafts are available to patients thru fue. Of course if u go out of the safe zone then those numbers can go up a bit.

About 5500 left. I'm guessing probably another 3000 would be safe and beyond that I would opt for beard FUE and SMP. Particularly on the International Forum i regularly see cases at 5500-7500 on donors worse than mine so I don't think its as much of an issue as some make out. It doesn't require moving out of the safe zone either.

With FUE + FUT the average patient (and I mean average, not EVERY patient) should be able to get in the range of 8000-1000 grafts. With FUE only this number is around 6000-7000 from what I've seen. FUE for the average patient without a doubt will be able to move more hair than FUT only, but FUT first and then FUE will maximise numbers. Of course FUT also tends to have higher risks such as permanent donor shock loss surrounding the scar.

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score
About 5500 left. I'm guessing probably another 3000 would be safe and beyond that I would opt for beard FUE and SMP. Particularly on the International Forum i regularly see cases at 5500-7500 on donors worse than mine so I don't think its as much of an issue as some make out. It doesn't require moving out of the safe zone either.

With FUE + FUT the average patient (and I mean average, not EVERY patient) should be able to get in the range of 8000-1000 grafts. With FUE only this number is around 6000-7000 from what I've seen. FUE for the average patient without a doubt will be able to move more hair than FUT only, but FUT first and then FUE will maximise numbers. Of course FUT also tends to have higher risks such as permanent donor shock loss surrounding the scar.

Thanks for the info. I've heard people recommend fut then once maximum grafts via strips r taken then fue should be utilized. I've heard scar tissue after fue prevents fut down the line. Is this true? Any other reasons?