Kintor new AR degrader w/o side effects

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
* and thicken miniaturazed hairs. So basically regrow invisible hair lol.
If castration doesn't do that to any large extent then I don't see why any AA or even ARD would. The promise here is that a more potent AA will help growth promoters like minoxidil and estrogen work even better.

Gegen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If castration doesn't do that to any large extent then I don't see why any AA or even ARD would. The promise here is that a more potent AA will help growth promoters like minoxidil and estrogen work even better.
Arf, I did not know castration only stopped hairloss and only regrow little amount of hair. My bad.

ElToso

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What happened to Ascj9?
New study (not about Androgenetic Alopecia)

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Theoretically that's possible. Without AR it shouldn't be possible to continue balding. However, my >6 years of experience in combating hair loss tells me that this drug is nothing to be excited about yet. There are still many, many unknowns.

For instance, aside from ASC-J9 (dimethylcurcumin), AR degraders have not been used against Androgenetic Alopecia thus far. ASC-J9 effect was marginal and poor, but it was not a very good product in the first place.

There was another recently discovered AR degrader (very strong) called ARD-69:

In fact, the mechanisms are very similar to this Kintor product:

"ARD-69 is a potent proteolysis-targeting chimera (PROTAC) degrader of the androgen receptor (AR) ... It contains an AR antagonist (reported in [1]) that binds the AR, joined by a small linker molecule to a second ligand (in this case a VHL ligand) that engages the E3 ubiquitin ligase system via Cullin-2.
"GT20029 is an AR degrader that degrades the AR protein. The mechanism of action of GT20029 is to recruit the AR protein to the E3 ubiquitin ligase for degradation."

I wonder if Kintor perhaps bought out the rights to ARD-69 and whether it is the same thing. Haven't looked that in-depth into it.

Either way if you look at the molecular structure of ARD you notice that this molecule is much more complex than a typical anti-androgen, although once the linker chain breaks you are still left with a sort of typical AA structure floating around. I guess it will depend on how exactly these drugs are metabolized but unless it completely loses its affinity for the AR (and doesn't fall apart into small molecules which have their own AR affinity) once it hits the bloodstream, then there is still the potential for systemic side effects.
Very interesting post

Guys, do we know exactly how androgens are negative for hair?

We know they increase pgd2 in scalp, but what else?

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score

Castration kills all sex hormones including estrogen, so that's not a good comparison. An AR degrader would still leave all your ER intact and with total E2 dominance in the follicle I could see good regrowth happening.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Castration kills all sex hormones including estrogen, so that's not a good comparison. An AR degrader would still leave all your ER intact and with total E2 dominance in the follicle I could see good regrowth happening.
Couldn't have been said better. Nice post.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's a fair point. I guess we'll have to wait and see. Regardless, this drug is promising, and with exogenous growth stimulation it could be close to a cure. Hopefully they move quickly like they have with their other compounds.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can already see this new ar degrader being used orally as a tranny drug lol, sounds like big FUN

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Very comforting to see drug companies like Kintor so interested in Androgenetic Alopecia therapies, looking for different angles to attack the androgen receptor. Besides you can see that they are well financed and they are not improvised. And if we add to that that they are going at an unprecedented speed in the hairloss industry, we really have something exceptional.

The only thing that worries me a bit is the information that transcended about the half life of the classic AA, Pyrilutamide. And therefore this AR degrader is a backup in case the other fails. It's not that it's a bad thing, on the contrary. Excellent alternative, but human clinical trials are just about to begin.

Last edited:

Roeysdomi

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wouldnt it deliver the same result like HRT?
which is pretty much the cure?
Like for real this drug reduce your sensetvity ! Isnt that spouse to make everyone respond to finasteride or in general make every hairloss drug work forever?

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Like for real this drug reduce your sensetvity ! Isnt that spouse to make everyone respond to finasteride or in general make every hairloss drug work forever?
Actually, kinda yes. We don't know. The AR should be the target of future treatments.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score

If it works it makes finasteride superfluous, but it would make minoxidil, PGE2, WAY-316606, SM, estrogen, etc. work better.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
But what about the fact if the body decides to compensate the AR degradation, and react to that in a hyper-form?!