Kintor has started Phase 3 trial in China for Pyrilutamide

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Source? It can only induce things that can be psychological. If stress is a factor then placebo can help. Stress does not cause Androgenetic Alopecia. No placebo can reverse a genetic disease.
I did some quick googling and it seems you may be right.

Google says placebo can alter heart rate and blood pressure, but those can be controlled by changes in psychological state.

There is this article which has things like this:

McKenzie (1896) reported an interesting ob-
servation relevant to the understanding of the
placebo effect in the immune system. In this
study, it was shown that some people who are
allergic to flowers show an allergic reaction
when presented with something that super-
ficially looks like a flower, but contains no
pollen (i.e., an artificial flower).

But the presumed mechanism there is classic Pavlovian conditioning, not placebo.

I did a bit of reading on placebo some years ago and I could have sworn I'd read about actual physical effects, but perhaps I misremembered, my bad.

Baldingtooyoung

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Cardinal~

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah wasnt there some results expected to come out before the end of 2021? What happened to them?

5minutesbeforemiracle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Some have theorised that CB wasn't as effective at 12 months compared to 6 months due to AR-upregulation when using AA. Pyrilutamide phase 3 study is only 6 months so we can't know for sure if something similar will happen here. Does anyone have any theories?

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Some have theorised that CB wasn't as effective at 12 months compared to 6 months due to AR-upregulation when using AA. Pyrilutamide phase 3 study is only 6 months so we can't know for sure if something similar will happen here. Does anyone have any theories?

Not likely. RU users (and macaque studies corroborates that) have reported long lasting benefits from it and both have the same MOA.

Pyrilutamide binding affinity to AR is like 4x RU so i wouldnt expect that to happen. CB may just not be potent enough to hold the gains.

Last edited:

fashy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This 1 year delay of the results + the lack of information or action in regards to the phase II FDA trial (considering the trial was greenlit last June and Kintor usually moves much faster than this) has me just slightly worried. Hopefully it's nothing significant.

5minutesbeforemiracle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not likely. RU users (and macaque studies corroborates that) have reported long lasting benefits from it and both have the same MOA.
Actually, there is a noted lack of RU results. If you google previous posts about RU on this forum, you'll see that people have been lamenting lack of evidence/results of RU for years now. Only that MPMD guy (who gets commissions on RU sales) seems to have gotten great results.
Well, I don't want to derail this thread by talking about RU too much, but the AR upregulation is still a genuine concern. As you say, though, pyrilutamide is a lot more efficacious than RU so it might be able to have long-term results.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Actually, there is a noted lack of RU results. If you google previous posts about RU on this forum, you'll see that people have been lamenting lack of evidence/results of RU for years now. Only that MPMD guy (who gets commissions on RU sales) seems to have gotten great results.
Well, I don't want to derail this thread by talking about RU too much, but the AR upregulation is still a genuine concern. As you say, though, pyrilutamide is a lot more efficacious than RU so it might be able to have long-term results.
There is far more evidence for RU working then there is for AR upregulation (there is no evidence of AR upregulation). Lots of people have gotten results on RU, mainly the one's that have used it properly at 50mg x2 daily application or higher and don't have very aggressive loss. There is an inherit bias for people who post on forums to be the one's that didn't get results.

Roeysdomi

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There is far more evidence for RU working then there is for AR upregulation (there is no evidence of AR upregulation). Lots of people have gotten results on RU, mainly the one's that have used it properly at 50mg x2 daily application or higher and don't have very aggressive loss. There is an inherit bias for people who post on forums to be the one's that didn't get results.
Hard to find results of RU … rare very rare.

BigBadBaldie

My Regimen
Reaction score
There’s too many variables to get any definitive idea online of if RU58841 works. First of all most people are buying it from the same few vendors who could be selling old/underdosed/something completely different to RU58841. This isn’t an approved pharmaceutical so there’s no standardisation of anything. On top of that people are applying it in different vehicles, storing it in different ways and using it at different intervals. On top of that the few people claiming it works are people already using finasteride and minoxidil to further complicate things. Many people are just dumping it in minoxidil bottles yet we don’t know if these compounds react or not. I think it’s a complete waste of money to be honest, I like MPMD but as previously mentioned he has affiliate links to these companies also, so even his results are questionable (and even he is using finasteride now). On top of that we have exactly 0 human studies available to us to show its effectiveness/safety. Oh and I used it personally before anyone asks and it did nothing for me.