kerzyguy's story -updated june 2nd 2008, new pics!

MacAttack

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: NEW PICS PAGE 5 (updated jan 7th 2008)

Fellow diffuser reporting in...lemme show u some pics of my own to demonstrate what jayman is talking about...1 sec uploading pics.

MacAttack

Established Member
Reaction score

this looks pretty normal right...my hair when its been wetted dried down and laid flat out...
b027.jpg

check out b25.jpeg next...despite the strength of my hairline...i will never grow my hair back becuz of this picture...my density has gone down a lot...as much as 60% but theres ppl even worse...but @ the same time u need 2 consider i am only 20!!! thats what diffuse thinning is. shavin my head to guard 0 reduces this contrast sharply. I have pics of my hair in progressively shorter styles if u ever wnt to see.

proof that my hairline is strong
me.jpg

this is kinna shaved down...but u can see the diff in density of my 2 areas....u shouldnt worry 2 much tho...ur hair is way denser then mine but u can see how it starts...and how the density goes down.
wlosy014-1.jpg

Attachments

• b 025.jpg
    b 025.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 552

kerzyguy

Established Member
Reaction score

ah i c, but mine doesnt seem to be thin across the top to me anyways
P1000661.jpg

like the top looks normal to me, and my hair really isnt that long right now.
when the hair is a bit longer ill post more pics

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Ragin I know what you're saying about never growing your hair back out because of fear. But I think you might be surprised to see your hair looking alot better after use of all these treatments. Either way you look great with a shaved head.

G

kerzy, like i said, in the pic posted above, the area between the ringworm looks like it's probably thinning. a cowlick is smaller than that and the hairs around the border of that area showing scalp in the center also look thin and miniaturized.

G

KielMcK said:
Ragin I know what you're saying about never growing your hair back out because of fear. But I think you might be surprised to see your hair looking alot better after use of all these treatments. Either way you look great with a shaved head.

haha you're actually talking about Macattack right? i made the same mistake because they both have the same avatar.

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score

oh.... heh. same person tho. right?

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Ohhhhh... Heh.

kerzyguy

Established Member
Reaction score

JayMan said:
kerzy, like i said, in the pic posted above, the area between the ringworm looks like it's probably thinning. a cowlick is smaller than that and the hairs around the border of that area showing scalp in the center also look thin and miniaturized.

like i know what you mean but, like i said, i did have ringworm back there, now, the spots that are totally bald were the most affected, so i am currently putting the medication on the whole crown which i was instructed to do, like, im not really sure how much of the area was affected, i just know that the two spots that are visible were big time infected, could very well be the crown too which is why it looks thin. have u ever had or seen what it does to peoples hair? the whole crown area like inflated with like puss, but the sides where they r totally bald popped and hair fell out instantly, now, i do believe baldness wouldnt do that in that extreme, so, yeah like i said in my previous post, the doctor i went to had some of my hair under microscope and she said they were normal, however she isnt a derm. im currently waiting for the response from rassman still

G

We'll see what Rassman says. You were smart to email him

And yeah liek I said, most doctors don't know sh*t about hair loss. Some derms even don't, and that doctor wasn't a derm. You say she examined a hair under a microscope. what exactly was she comparing it to? A hair on the side or back of your head I hope? And the hair that she said didn't look thin isn't very persuasive argument UNLESS It was taken from the area that I believe is thinning, your crown. Taking one from the front or whatever if it's not miniaturizing there won't tell anything because if it's not miniaturizing, the hair will appear healthy and thick.

kerzyguy

Established Member
Reaction score

well she took the hair that came out of the infected area, which is pretty right next to the crown, like obviously when i went, i went in about baldness and not ringworm, i didnt know that was ringworm, she was explaining that miniaturized hair is just when the follicle is reduced in size and produces finer hair, she was saying how hair has a lifecycle, and when its male pattern baldness, the hair jsut gets thinner/finer hair with each cycle. like to me someone who doeswnt know anyhting about male pattern baldness or balding in general cause no one in my family has suffered from it, she seemed to know at least something, she was chekcing for somehting called velus hair what is exactly is that, the miniaturized hair? any ways, she compared hair form the infected area to the front, and she said it looked healthy and normal. now what im thinking is, i am on meds for it, and for a while before i used the lamisil i was prescribed like anti fungi pills, which where really strong and made me sick, i was on those for about a month before i asked for a cream instead, so im jsut thinking between the infection or the meds, hair could have fallen out from that. im not trying to make up excuses or ne thing , i jsut wanna rule out something which could be an illness or diet or something

RaginDemon

Reaction score

kerzyguy said:
well she took the hair that came out of the infected area, which is pretty right next to the crown, like obviously when i went, i went in about baldness and not ringworm, i didnt know that was ringworm, she was explaining that miniaturized hair is just when the follicle is reduced in size and produces finer hair, she was saying how hair has a lifecycle, and when its male pattern baldness, the hair jsut gets thinner/finer hair with each cycle. like to me someone who doeswnt know anyhting about male pattern baldness or balding in general cause no one in my family has suffered from it, she seemed to know at least something, she was chekcing for somehting called velus hair what is exactly is that, the miniaturized hair? any ways, she compared hair form the infected area to the front, and she said it looked healthy and normal. now what im thinking is, i am on meds for it, and for a while before i used the lamisil i was prescribed like anti fungi pills, which where really strong and made me sick, i was on those for about a month before i asked for a cream instead, so im jsut thinking between the infection or the meds, hair could have fallen out from that. im not trying to make up excuses or ne thing , i jsut wanna rule out something which could be an illness or diet or something

still trying to convince yourself you don't have male pattern baldness? I wish Jay would have told you your hair was okey so this struggle might have ended.

kerzyguy

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: kerzyguy's stoty - (updated jan 7th 2008)

do u agree with jayman ragin?

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Eat the bulbs of your hair. Just nip them off right at the bud. :)

G

kerzy,

you said your maternal grandfather was bald right? so there is baldness in your family, right? i realize your dad's side is fine but as i've posted before, the maternal side is more important in determining chance of inheritance, even though both sides come into play. and of all the different indicators that there are, the maternal grandfather has the greatest chance of any of your relatives of being the pattern you inherit.

kerzyguy

Established Member
Reaction score

well i said he looks like hes thinning but not badly, my grandmother said he had a full head and wasnt thinning, i never met the man as he died when my mom was 10 and by the looks of it his pattern was strickly the front..as ull see, ill get around to posting his pic and its black and white, hes like 33 in the pic i believe

kerzyguy

Established Member
Reaction score

ok i got some pics of my grandfather, i just buzzed my hair again so im gonna post pics, shots of grandfathers are not the best cause they are framed, its the best i can do, my grandfather on my moms side has a big forehead but clearly has more than a mature hairline, now my grandmother in her exact words said "alex, he wasnt balding, for the 13 years i was married to him his hair was always the same" but it looks like he is balding to me.

grandpa on dads side( has mature hairline under that hair that looks like mine, my dad has it too)
P1000708.jpg

grandpa on moms side(looks like thinning and big time temple recession?)
P1000707.jpg

both are 33 years old here.

pics of me, now my hair is short, bu not to short, i think if there was thinning, i htink these shots would tell all.. you can actually see all the spots where the ringworm got a hold of

P1000766.jpg

P1000765.jpg

P1000773.jpg

P1000770.jpg

G

you can't say it was only in the front for him if we don't have a picture of his front. is everyone sure that he had 0 crown thinning? very rare to have 0 crown thinning as an older man if you have some solid frontal recession.

and just because his front thinned out before his crown, let's say, doesn't mean that yours can't happen the opposite way.

your grandpa looks to be NW3.

kerzyguy

Established Member
Reaction score

i know for a fact that obviously my grandpa on ym dads side had wicked hair till his mid 80's, my moms dad, i never met him, my mom last saw him when she was 10, but my grandma said he wasnt bald and that he just had a big forehead, obviously its much mor than that, when i asked her bout the back of his head/crown she said it was normal and he didnt have any thinning or bald spots, the only other pic i have seen was when my mom was a kid, and it looks ok on top, like, im imagining my grandmother would know if his crown was balding, but she said he wasnt, but obviously in the front he is. other than that i dont know, i jsut know his hair was cut really short in the front for the army. like the two pics i have seen where like 7 years difference, like when he was first married and when my mom was a baby, it did honestly look the same in the front. but according to my grandma it was jsut receded in the front (she claimed jsut a big forehead) but she said no crown thinning for sure. and one more ?, can you inherit the widows peak from your father? cause my dad has the peak, my mom doesnt, can that indicate anything?