kerzyguy's story -updated june 2nd 2008, new pics!

kerzyguy

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: NEW PICS PAGE 5 (updated jan 7th 2008)

how long do u figure it will take to get a response from the dr. you told me to email? i would go see a derm instead of a doctor but the only derm from here is 2 hours away..and i dont really have any means of transportation, thats why i went to my family doctor

G

kerzyguy said:
how long do u figure it will take to get a response from the dr. you told me to email? i would go see a derm instead of a doctor but the only derm from here is 2 hours away..and i dont really have any means of transportation, thats why i went to my family doctor

i'd imagine you'll get a response by thursday at the latest.

yeah, no offense to most doctors, but like i said, some derms don't even have a clue about hair loss, and most primary care doctors have NO clue, because they just don't study it that much. it's not sometthing that people come into their office seeking help on usually. they'll focus on stuff like the flu, bronchitis, diabetes, etc.

so here's the deal. you may or not be balding. an unqualified doctor looking at your head and proclaiming something he's not very familiar with should be taken with large grains of salt. but rassman has seen thousands of photos as an hair transplant surgeon. go with what he tells you. if he thinks you're balding and recommends looking into propecia, go with that. if he says nothing is wrong with your hair, relax and go on with your life. that's all you can do at this point until you can get in to see a qualified dermatologist.

RaginDemon

Reaction score

take some better pics

G

Kerzy, one more thing.

Send the pics to this link as well. I forgot that Rassman has a special link for photo things:

"If you would like to send photos, please email them to photos at baldingblog.com. When sending photos, please indicate if you give me permission to use them on the site. Photos are often helpful to others to illustrate the point and I will absolutely block your face so that your privacy is maintained."

So email them to photos at baldingblog.com . I assume you realize that you need to sub an @ symbol in for the word at and remove the spaces to send it. Sorry about that- I only did it so that a bot trawling the site wouldn't spam his email account.

Anyway, send them there and tell him that you don't want the photos used on his website when you do so.

RaginDemon

Reaction score

JayMan you actually think he has hair loss?

G

RaginDemon said:

I'm just looking at that one picture I posted earlier. I wouldn't say it if I didn't think there was a possibility because I look back at 35 mm pictures of myself from 2004 and see the same pattern in the crown and midscalp areas, also on the right side.

P1000499.jpg

Like I said. I'm not sure. I can't put odds on it but i don't think dismissing it as an impossibility is the answer. It could just be the flash and the lighting thats why i told him to send rassman the pics and see what he thinks because he can't get in to see a dermatologist right now to examine his scalp in person. the density on the sides and back has to be compared to the areas I mentioned.

Krzy,

can you take a pic just like the one above except WITHOUT flash and with BRIGHTER natural light? thanks. because flash can distort things.

I mean you can look through my old posts on here and see that when I had my buzz and took pics in low light settings I couldn't see any thinning at all. Neither could anyone on here. but in brighter light, sure, it was visible.

RaginDemon

Reaction score

JayMan said:
RaginDemon said:

I'm just looking at that one picture I posted earlier. I wouldn't say it if I didn't think there was a possibility because I look back at 35 mm pictures of myself from 2004 and see the same pattern in the crown and midscalp areas, also on the right side.

P1000499.jpg

Like I said. I'm not sure. I can't put odds on it but i don't think dismissing it as an impossibility is the answer. It could just be the flash and the lighting thats why i told him to send rassman the pics and see what he thinks because he can't get in to see a dermatologist right now to examine his scalp in person. the density on the sides and back has to be compared to the areas I mentioned.

Krzy,

can you take a pic just like the one above except WITHOUT flash and with BRIGHTER natural light? thanks. because flash can distort things.

I mean you can look through my old posts on here and see that when I had my buzz and took pics in low light settings I couldn't see any thinning at all. Neither could anyone on here. but in brighter light, sure, it was visible.

That's a bad pic though.

I notice that if you sit in a dark area and have a bright light directly on top of your hair, your hair loss would be more emphasized.

Its why I hate lining up at the clubs.

kerzyguy

Established Member
Reaction score

this pic here is with no flash and just natural light.(red circles are for the ringworm infectio nareas which is why there is no hair there
P1000609-1.jpg

kerzyguy

Established Member
Reaction score

also heres a pic with longer hair, but not to long, average length, but from the looks of it to me, it looks normal, the cowlicks there, but to me it looks fine with no thinning? it also shows here how my hair goes in a different direction on that side, so i think when its shorter, which would be why its showing scalp, it would be standing straight up instead of laying across or w/e, like, it doesnt feel thin back there, when i look at it in a mirror it loks normal to me? i really personally think its just a bad angle with bad light. but i will keep an eye on it
P1000400.jpg

G

this is just totally my opinion, but looking at that pic, it does look like more than a cowlick. i realizeit's with flash and all but even in the above pic with ringworm, excluding those areas, the crown looks a bit thin.

send all the pics you've showed us to rassman and he can look at all and we'll see what he says and go from there. he's an honest guy so if he says it's his opinion you're not balding, you're most likely not.

RaginDemon

Reaction score

JayMan said:
this is just totally my opinion, but looking at that pic, it does look like more than a cowlick. i realizeit's with flash and all but even in the above pic with ringworm, excluding those areas, the crown looks a bit thin.

send all the pics you've showed us to rassman and he can look at all and we'll see what he says and go from there. he's an honest guy so if he says it's his opinion you're not balding, you're most likely not.

Who is Rassman?

G

RaginDemon said:
JayMan said:

Who is Rassman?

very conservative(not politically, but as hair transplant surgeons go) hair transplant surgeon in california who runs http://www.baldingblog.com . great info there on hair loss in general including propecia and minoxidil

any way he invites people to ask him questions about baldness and he responds on the blog and he also invites people to send photos and ask him about them

kerzyguy

Established Member
Reaction score

ok at the requet of better pictures heres some, this is with heavy flash and natural daylight from straight above.
P1000639.jpg

like i really dont see anything thats thinning, i think its just a normal crown :s

G

Krzy,

Hi. That pic is hard to tell anything because it's washed out by the flash. I don't know who asked you to take one With flash and In sunlight because you don't need the flash if you're in natural light. Can you take one in the light you just took that same picture in, except without flash? Thanks.

Problem witht he pic above with flash is that the flash distorts things because in close up pics, it focuses on one area of the scalp. Youneed a pic in good natural lighting like the one you took, but without flash to distort it, so the whole scalp is visible in the same lighting. Thanks.

JayMan said:

kerzyguy

Established Member
Reaction score

ok heres pics with no flash but natural daylight the last one is the best quality, they keep coming out blury, im gonna continue to take more and replace them with betters ones (red circles are the ringworm spots once again..
P1000671.jpg

P1000645.jpg

P1000642.jpg

P1000656.jpg

P1000648.jpg

P1000650.jpg

P1000661.jpg

RaginDemon

Reaction score

no problem with your hair dude

G

i think the last pic is the only one with decent lighting and without flash, that crown area seems too wide. I am ignoring the ringworm areas, but the area showing scalp in between that is quite large. It is not just a cowlick in my opinion.

kerzyguy

Established Member
Reaction score

well, i think it might be due to the ringworm and the medication for it, cause i remember when the skin was all inflammed back there and there was a bubble, it popped and all the hair around there came out, and its only starting to grow back now, so yeh gross, but i think thats all it is

RaginDemon

Reaction score

kerzyguy said:
well, i think it might be due to the ringworm and the medication for it, cause i remember when the skin was all inflammed back there and there was a bubble, it popped and all the hair around there came out, and its only starting to grow back now, so yeh gross, but i think thats all it is

you are a funny guy, when we told you your hair was good, you said it wasn't; and now JayMan said you might have some thinning and you said otherwise.

kerzyguy

Established Member
Reaction score

but i was never worried bout the crown, i was scared bout the front..