kerzyguy's story -updated june 2nd 2008, new pics!

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Re: NEW PICS - SHAVED HEAD (updated december 6th)

his head shape is good, the buzz/shaved look suits him pretty well.

kerzyguy

Established Member
Reaction score

JayMan said:
Is that a shave or a buzz? Because the hair in that pic looks like it's been grown out for at least a few days? I'm interested to know because I've buzzed my hair a few times in the past and it only looked close to that short when I buzzed it with no guard on the clippers. Those pics just look like the hair is too long to be shaved. Looks good either way though, arguably as good buzzed as with hair. You're in luck if you inherited badlness genes in that respect.

yeah i just took the clippers level 0, so, as close to the skin as possible without bringing out the old shaving cream lol

heres a pic with hair
n512016863_79117_2438.jpg

RaginDemon

Reaction score

hair is good, no problem dude.

G

kerzyguy said:
JayMan said:
Is that a shave or a buzz? Because the hair in that pic looks like it's been grown out for at least a few days? I'm interested to know because I've buzzed my hair a few times in the past and it only looked close to that short when I buzzed it with no guard on the clippers. Those pics just look like the hair is too long to be shaved. Looks good either way though, arguably as good buzzed as with hair. You're in luck if you inherited badlness genes in that respect.

yeah i just took the clippers level 0, so, as close to the skin as possible without bringing out the old shaving cream lol

heres a pic with hair

hair looks good. so you use the clippers without a measurement guard clipped on you're saying? mind sharing the brand and model of clippers you used? because that looks like a great shave you got from them.

your hairline makes me feel better about mine prob not being receded/balding, and rather just a mature hairline like yours.

RaginDemon

Reaction score

JayMan said:
kerzyguy said:
JayMan said:

heres a pic with hair

hair looks good. so you use the clippers without a measurement guard clipped on you're saying? mind sharing the brand and model of clippers you used? because that looks like a great shave you got from them.

your hairline makes me feel better about mine prob not being receded/balding, and rather just a mature hairline like yours.

:agree:

kerzyguy

Established Member
Reaction score

JayMan said:
kerzyguy said:
JayMan said:

heres a pic with hair

yeah no measurement guard on there, i dunno, i used my brother cheap con air clippers

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
Re: NEW PICS - SHAVED HEAD

BaldingInGermany said:
No signs of hairloss, dude. I cannot believe you shaved it all off.

Shaved look suits him so I can't see the problem. Nor the balding for that matter.

What is it with you germans and this hair fascination? He can always grow it back for fucks sake.

RaginDemon

Reaction score

lol

kerzyguy

Established Member
Reaction score

my hair is growing in nicely now, so ill post a pic of the top, you can also see the bald spots from folliculitis and tinea capitis.

P1000481.jpg

P1000484.jpg

RaginDemon

Reaction score

kerzyguy said:
my hair is growing in nicely now, so ill post a pic of the top, you can also see the bald spots from folliculitis and tinea capitis.

P1000481.jpg

P1000484.jpg

what bald spot?

you don't have male pattern baldness brotha

kerzyguy

Established Member
Reaction score

RaginDemon said:
kerzyguy said:

quote]

what bald spot?

you don't have male pattern baldness brotha

nono, i had tinea capitis (ringworm) and theres a bald spot where the hair will be growing back, back its on the back right of my head. lol

G

Re: NEW PICS - SHAVED HEAD (updated december 25th)

haha yeah i saw it before u pointed it out. no big deal.

RaginDemon

Reaction score

I'd be so happy if my hair is that thick

kerzyguy

Established Member
Reaction score

also is it norma for your hair to lok thin on top when its short and having a light on? cause i took a pic from above, and my hair looks really thin, when i showed my family, they assured me it was jsut the lighting and that my hair is still short, i dunno, really paranoid and worried.. heres the comparison...
LONGER HAIR LIGHT ON
P1000400.jpg

SHORT HAIR WITH LIGHT OFF
P1000484.jpg
P1000505.jpg

SHORT HAIR LIGHT DIRECTLY ABOVE...LOOKS TERRIBLE..
P1000499.jpg

is it normal for it to look like that when its short and having a light directly above?

kerzyguy

Established Member
Reaction score

and heres a pic of my hair when it was long and dirty, as you can see here, my hair is thick... i dunno, im so scared of loosing my hair..this pic was taken about 3 months ago

P1000281.jpg

RaginDemon

Reaction score

Your hair is great, thick and healthy looking, no problem at all. Under flash, its normal to show some scalp. You posted several pics and everyone agreed that your hair is great. You gotta truts the professional judgement here, after yrs of hair loss, everyone has become the expert. lol

dude stop being ignorant, this site is to help ppl with hair loss, and you are not one of them.

kerzyguy

Established Member
Reaction score

now ive heard that if your moms dad was balding, thats what determines balding for you, how can that be true, my dad who is 53 has the same hairline as me with 0 loss, his grandfather on his mothers side was completly bald, his brother also who is 57 has a full head of hair with 0 balding, so how can that be true about the mothers side?

RaginDemon

Reaction score

even your father is a NW7 it doesn't mean you will be bald or thinning at all.

Genetic is very unpreditable.

Stop worrying for nothing.

sheddy kreuger

Reaction score

i envy ppl with hair like yours nowadays when i pass them in the street
my own loss started as very slow recession and was definately unoticable to anyone but me
after a few years this unfortunately gathered pace to all over thinning
imo best to keep a monitor on it and jump on treatment if needed

G

kerzyguy said:
now ive heard that if your moms dad was balding, thats what determines balding for you, how can that be true, my dad who is 53 has the same hairline as me with 0 loss, his grandfather on his mothers side was completly bald, his brother also who is 57 has a full head of hair with 0 balding, so how can that be true about the mothers side?

that's a myth. most experts now agree that you can lose hair if either side of your family history has hair loss present. but there are indications that the mother's side has slightly more influence on the situation.

read this:

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/newsletter/ ... le&sid=243

---

Now you told us about the hair situation on the father's side, what does your mom's side look like? Does she have any balding/bald brothers? How about her dad? How about her maternal grandfather?

Take my situation for example, ker:

I was balding before getting on dutasteride.

My dad is pretty bald. His dad was pretty bald, and so was his dad. My dad's maternal grandfathers were also bald, as were his mother's brothers(his uncles).

My mom's dad didn't start losing hair until his 70s and he's only a thin NW3 right now so still a lot more hair than most guys his age. My mom's brother is 55 and has a full head of hair. My maternal grandfather's father also had a full head of hair, and so did my maternal grandfather's GRANDFATHER(my great-great-grandpa). They all had full heads of hair. My maternal grandmother's father also had a full head of hair.

So that's 5 generations back including me on my maternal grandfather's side and they all either had full heads of hair their whole lives or until they were in their seventies at least. It's not the whole story

From Bernstein's site:

"It is frequently stated that “hair loss comes from the mother’s side of the family.â€￾ The truth is that the condition can be inherited from either parent. However, recent research suggests that the situation may be a bit more complex than was originally thought. Factors on the x-chromosome have been shown to influence hair loss, making the inheritance from the maternal side of the family slightly more important than the paternal one (Markus Nothen, 2005).

The identification of an androgen receptor gene (AR) on the x-chromosome helps to explain why the hair loss pattern of a man resembles his maternal grandfather more often than his father. However, this is clearly not the whole story since a direct inheritance from the father is observed as well. An autosomal (non-sex) linked gene would explain this type of transmission – but this gene has not yet been found. "

So you can get it from either side, but your maternal grandfather's hair situation will OFTEN give you the best indication of what your hair will look like. I suspect mine got kickstarted early due to crappy American diet and other factors, but hopefully end up like him.

Anyway, what is/was your maternal grandfather's hair situation?