JayMan's weight journal.

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i was talking with this guy in the gym that is exactly my height but looks las big as i would like to be
he says he weighs 183 pounds at 5' 7"
i wonder how long it will take to get there
he said hes been working out for 7 years

CCS

Reaction score
just because he was working out 7 years does not mean he took that long to get that size. He could have gained it early, and stayed there, or more recently.

I saw a guy my height at the gym. Maybe he was a little shorter. He looked bigger than I want to be, and he said he was only 170. I did not believe him. But he had almost no body fat, too. I suspect I'll be just fine at 160 or 165, with 10% body fat.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
roki said:
i was talking with this guy in the gym that is exactly my height but looks las big as i would like to be

5-10 lbs of muscle per year is what should shoot for...it start to get really hard to add muscle after a year or 2 of working out...you just have to eat like an animal....if you want to weight 180 you have to eat like a 200lber....how much protein are you taking in a day?

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
hair today gone tomorrow said:

lol what do you want pics off...a measuring tape around my arms...im not gonna brag about 14.5 inch arms as i think that is small...

I dont even have pics on my hair on this site.

why would I need to see a measuring tape? I just want to see what 14.5 inch arms look like. Maybe your tastes are different from mine, or maybe I don't know what big arms would look like. Not like I go around measuring the guys at my gym.

Most of the guys at my gym are about my size, or a big bigger. So I think 13-14 inches. Only 1/3 are bigger than that, but not by a lot. I think some of the biggest guys in there are 16 inches. Maybe one 17 incher. I don't want to be as big as him.

I looked at a pic of a really big, but good looking guy. I measured the pic. I measured the distance from his wrist to his shoulder bone, and from the front to the back of his upper arm. 4 to 1 ratio. I measured my arm: 24 inches. So to have his proportions, my arm would have to be 6 inches thick. I meaured it, and it was about 4.5 inches thick. So he is 1/3 bigger than me, or about 4 inches bigger, so 16-17 inches. I would not want to go bigger than that. I think I'll just aim for 15.

Ok...ill work on gettin some pics for you...what do you wants pics of...a frontal view of me relaxed and a side view so you can see my arms relaxed?

CCS

Reaction score
a picture with your upper arm flexed and unflexed, with a tight shirt one, would be nice. I don't care about your chest definition, but I need to see the size of your arm in proportion to your upper body.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
a picture with your upper arm flexed and unflexed, with a tight shirt one, would be nice. I don't care about your chest definition, but I need to see the size of your arm in proportion to your upper body.

haha...i dunno if i have any tight shirtsss...im not a homo...id have to look.
Ill try to get you on by this weekend.

s.a.f

Reaction score

How gay is this getting? :D

G

haha...i dunno if i have any tight shirtsss...im not a homo...id have to look.
Ill try to get you on by this weekend.

lol homophobe

sure you dont like sucking on pole in your spare time? you sure do seem freaked out by it

CCS

Reaction score
HTDGT,

just go on google and post pics here of guys with 13, 14, 15, 16, and maybe 17 inch arms. Then we'll see if we have a difference in tastes or if we are imagining different sizes but agree.

CCS

Reaction score
not sure why I'm wasting my time debating this. When my arms get to 14 inches, I'm sure they will get bigger very slowly. And at that time, I'll be able to decide if I want them bigger or not. It is pointless to argue 14 vs 15 vs 16 when I'm at 12.5. Well, actually there is a point: so I can estimate how many pounds I need to gain.

G

not sure why I'm wasting my time debating this. When my arms get to 14 inches, I'm sure they will get bigger very slowly. And at that time, I'll be able to decide if I want them bigger or not. It is pointless to argue 14 vs 15 vs 16 when I'm at 12.5. Well, actually there is a point: so I can estimate how many pounds I need to gain.

ccs: how big are your biceps pumped? that's the question. mine are around 14.5 pumped, not sure what they are unpumped right now.

but just to give you guys an idea of my situation, my arms pumped are similar to the guy on the right. good, bad?

gary%20comparing%20biceps%20(1).jpg

I don't hit up the weights that much as I should but my biceps are similar to his in definition and size.

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
roki said:

5-10 lbs of muscle per year is what should shoot for...it start to get really hard to add muscle after a year or 2 of working out...you just have to eat like an animal....if you want to weight 180 you have to eat like a 200lber....how much protein are you taking in a day?
alot
i just ran out of whey and waiting for 11kg to arrive, so now im eating like 3 cans of tuna a day and around 130 g protein but when i have the whey i get more then 200g a day

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
roki said:
alot
i just ran out of whey and waiting for 11kg to arrive, so now im eating like 3 cans of tuna a day and around 130 g protein but when i have the whey i get more then 200g a day

How many calories per day are you eating?

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Jayman, how are your arms pumped? I thought that you didn't work out. And, given your weight loss regimen, you're probably losing a lot of muscle mass, right?

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Harie said:
up till two weeks ago it was around 2500 a day or even more
but two weeks ago i decided i need to lose some fat so since then i just eat alot around a work out and eat less on the off days
its about 200 on a workout day (most of it around workout time)
and about 1200 the other days
ive allready lost some fat and ill probably start bulking in a week or maximum two
(bulking is much more fun)

CCS

Reaction score
JayMan said:

ccs: how big are your biceps pumped? that's the question. mine are around 14.5 pumped, not sure what they are unpumped right now.

but just to give you guys an idea of my situation, my arms pumped are similar to the guy on the right. good, bad?

gary%20comparing%20biceps%20(1).jpg

I don't hit up the weights that much as I should but my biceps are similar to his in definition and size.

I don't know what mine are "pumped" (after a workout), though they look a lot bigger. Completely relaxed, non-pumped, they are just under 12". If I flex while non-pumped, they are 12.5. I think the guy on the right looks really good. He'd look better if he was just slightly bigger, but definitely less than the halfway point between the two guys.

The guy on the right is big enough that if he has a good face, no GI Jo guy with an average face could compete with him for chicks. But with his face as it is now, he'd need to add half an inch or so to be as competitive as possible for women.

CCS

Reaction score
roki said:
Harie said:
but two weeks ago i decided i need to lose some fat so since then i just eat alot around a work out and eat less on the off days
ive allready lost some fat and ill probably start bulking in a week or maximum two

dude. you need 3000 on a workout day, spread out in 7 meals, with the biggest meal, a liquid one, sipped during your workout and 4 hours after it.

and stop with the tuna. It is expensive, has mercury, and little omega-3's. Get canned mackerel instead. It has more calcium too.

on your cutting days, do cardio and 2000 calories. 1200 is some scary stuff. I guess your metabolism won't drop too far, though, since you eat more on the other days, but if you are not very overweight, and you just want to cut from a flat stomach to 6 pack abs, slowly is the key.

yeah, and while you burn fat, make sure you work every muscle group, or your body will eat it. this is especially true for abs. It is true that no number of sit ups will give you abs if you got fat on your belley. But if you just lose weight, and don't do lots of crunches too, your ab muscles will get smaller, and will never show no matter how thin you get. You got to do both. And 6-7 meals per day on the cut days too. just small ones.

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
roki said:
Harie said:

dude. you need 3000 on a workout day, spread out in 7 meals, with the biggest meal, a liquid one, sipped during your workout and 4 hours after it.

and stop with the tuna. It is expensive, has mercury, and little omega-3's. Get canned mackerel instead. It has more calcium too.

on your cutting days, do cardio and 2000 calories. 1200 is some scary stuff. I guess your metabolism won't drop too far, though, since you eat more on the other days, but if you are not very overweight, and you just want to cut from a flat stomach to 6 pack abs, slowly is the key.

yeah, and while you burn fat, make sure you work every muscle group, or your body will eat it. this is especially true for abs. It is true that no number of sit ups will give you abs if you got fat on your belley. But if you just lose weight, and don't do lots of crunches too, your ab muscles will get smaller, and will never show no matter how thin you get. You got to do both. And 6-7 meals per day on the cut days too. just small ones.
im not doing cardio b/c i cant be botherd i know that 1200 is very little but im not gonna do this for more then a week or max 2 and besides im getting the results i want and im still gaining muscle although it did slow down but that's to be expacted
im not trying to get a six pack its not that important to me at all i just need to lose 1 more pound of fat and im fine
tuna is not expensive ,i buy 1 pack of 110g net weight of tuna for 80 cents
i never seen canned mackarel in the supermarket
i cant stand the tuna anymore but i dont have to my whey arrived an hour ago and now i have 11 kg of protein powder , life is good im not gonna eat tuna ever again haha

G

Aplunk said:
Jayman, how are your arms pumped? I thought that you didn't work out. And, given your weight loss regimen, you're probably losing a lot of muscle mass, right?

actually it's weird. even when i don't work out i still have solid biceps. good genes i guess?