JayMan's weight journal.

G

collegechemistrystudent said:
JayMan said:
not sure why I'm wasting my time debating this. When my arms get to 14 inches, I'm sure they will get bigger very slowly. And at that time, I'll be able to decide if I want them bigger or not. It is pointless to argue 14 vs 15 vs 16 when I'm at 12.5. Well, actually there is a point: so I can estimate how many pounds I need to gain.

ccs: how big are your biceps pumped? that's the question. mine are around 14.5 pumped, not sure what they are unpumped right now.

but just to give you guys an idea of my situation, my arms pumped are similar to the guy on the right. good, bad?

gary%20comparing%20biceps%20(1).jpg

I don't hit up the weights that much as I should but my biceps are similar to his in definition and size.

I don't know what mine are "pumped" (after a workout), though they look a lot bigger. Completely relaxed, non-pumped, they are just under 12". If I flex while non-pumped, they are 12.5. I think the guy on the right looks really good. He'd look better if he was just slightly bigger, but definitely less than the halfway point between the two guys.

The guy on the right is big enough that if he has a good face, no GI Jo guy with an average face could compete with him for chicks. But with his face as it is now, he'd need to add half an inch or so to be as competitive as possible for women.

i guess i misunderstood the definition of pumped. i thought pumped just meant flexing but i guess not. ok mine are 14.5 flexed and a bit smaller unflexed.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
JayMan said:
hair today gone tomorrow said:
a picture with your upper arm flexed and unflexed, with a tight shirt one, would be nice. I don't care about your chest definition, but I need to see the size of your arm in proportion to your upper body.

haha...i dunno if i have any tight shirtsss...im not a homo...id have to look.
Ill try to get you on by this weekend.

lol homophobe

sure you dont like sucking on pole in your spare time? you sure do seem freaked out by it

yah...i dont really like fags....if i offended you too bad....Im not freaked out by it...as long as your mom is sucking mom...then its all good. ;)

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
roki said:
Harie said:
How many calories per day are you eating?
up till two weeks ago it was around 2500 a day or even more
but two weeks ago i decided i need to lose some fat so since then i just eat alot around a work out and eat less on the off days
its about 200 on a workout day (most of it around workout time)
and about 1200 the other days
ive allready lost some fat and ill probably start bulking in a week or maximum two
(bulking is much more fun)

2500 cals is not enough....that is like average cal consumption for an average male...you need to eat more.

CCS

Reaction score
I try to eat 2500 calories on my cutting days, and cut by doing interval training with my legs. Then I try to eat 3000 calories on my bulking days. I alternate daily. I don't go in multi-week phases. So far though I'm having trouble eating 3000 calories. I don't want to spend many at restaurants, and I'm not skilled at packing lunches. Any ideas for a fast, good lunch to pack, and how to keep it fresh, easily? All I can think of is mackerel tomato sandwitches and bananas. And sun flower seeds.

G

I try to eat 2500 calories on my cutting days, and cut by doing interval training with my legs. Then I try to eat 3000 calories on my bulking days. I alternate daily. I don't go in multi-week phases. So far though I'm having trouble eating 3000 calories. I don't want to spend many at restaurants, and I'm not skilled at packing lunches. Any ideas for a fast, good lunch to pack, and how to keep it fresh, easily? All I can think of is mackerel tomato sandwitches and bananas. And sun flower seeds.

where do you buy canned mackerel

do you just spoon it out of the can and put it on a sandwich with cut up tomato?

CCS

Reaction score
My grocery store has it. Fry's. Fry's is the cheapest store in town, but has lots of good stuff. It even has those full sized oat drums for $2 each. Safeway sells them for $4. Safeway does not sell mackerel. Not where I live, anyway. I get it for $1.59 per 1 pound can. Sometimes $1.29 if it is on sale.

Yes, I just spoon it out, bones and all. The bones are really soft and high in calcium. Very bioavailable calcium. And it is 66% protein. Even the best cut beef or chicken is only 50% protein, and has to be fried to get the rest of the fat out. Mackerel has a higher protein value than any other meat, according to nutritiondata.com. Chicken was second highest, but not as cheap as mackerel. 1 can has 80 grams of protein. I eat a can a day.

retropunk

Established Member
Reaction score
My grocery store has it. Fry's. Fry's is the cheapest store in town, but has lots of good stuff. It even has those full sized oat drums for $2 each. Safeway sells them for $4. Safeway does not sell mackerel. Not where I live, anyway. I get it for $1.59 per 1 pound can. Sometimes $1.29 if it is on sale.

I'm not sure what kind of mackerel you're eating, but make sure it's not King Mackerel, which has a lot of mercury moreso than any tuna.

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ill look for the canned mackerel maybe ill find it in a bigger supermarket
i know i said i used to eat 2500 calories when i was bulking two weeks ago ,but i guess it could also have been 3000 or even more many days i added 100g of cashew nuts dnacked during the day to my diet to get it higher and i also took alot of olive oil sometime just drinking it from the bottle (i love olive oil)
anyway it was not hard for me because i love eating, it was very expensive though to eat so much as a student living alone

CCS

Reaction score
It is atlantic Jack mackerel. Funny how big, mercury filled, higher order consumers cost so much at the store, but the healthy, smaller fish are the cheap ones. And yes, Jayman, I explained in detail in that paragraph that I eat the bones.

And roki, I think all that olive oil is unhealthy. I'd stay below 3 table spoons.

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i think 3-4 table spoons is how much i take everyday
and why would it be unhealthy i hardly get any fat from anything else

KiLLuMiNaTi

Established Member
Reaction score
Jayman id like to see how far you get building mucsle while you have dutasteride in your system , and id also like to know how hard you can train , do you get tired quickly?? the only muscle i gained while on propecia was soft bulk .. now that im off it ive realised my abs are defined to the max and my soft bulk has turned into hard more defined bulk ..how does dutas effect your shape and training?

CCS

Reaction score
roki said:

OK, that is unhealthy. You need fish oil, flax seed, and borageseed oil. you are getting the wrong ratios of fatty acids right now with just olive oil. your peanuts have oils in them, though. But yeah, if you really are not getting fats from anything else, then the olive oil is good for you. Just don't drink more than 20% of your calories from it. Actually I'd say 10%. The fact is, you need saturated fat in your diet to help you absorb fat soluble nutrients.

Is your olive oil cold pressed, extra-virgin? If not, it is not healthy.

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
roki said:

OK, that is unhealthy. You need fish oil, flax seed, and borageseed oil. you are getting the wrong ratios of fatty acids right now with just olive oil. your peanuts have oils in them, though. But yeah, if you really are not getting fats from anything else, then the olive oil is good for you. Just don't drink more than 20% of your calories from it. Actually I'd say 10%. The fact is, you need saturated fat in your diet to help you absorb fat soluble nutrients.

Is your olive oil cold pressed, extra-virgin? If not, it is not healthy.
i supplement omega 3 fish oil i take one capsule a day
id say almost all the rest is olive oil b/c everything i eat is low fat
you say i need saturated fat?
i thought it was not healthy
its not like i get 0 saturated fat, i do get some but not alot
how much do i need?

bustabucket

Established Member
Reaction score
Increase your fish oil intake to 10-12 grams per day. You'll see improvement without any side effects (other than $$$)

CCS

Reaction score
I get that much from a can of mackerel.

G

Just thought I'd update this again with my progress becuase it hadn't been updated in awhile. I am still on the low calorie diet, have cut back to 700 cals from 800 because weight is coming off slower.

I weighed myself today and had my brother measure me and I am now 150 pounds and 5'9" and a half. My waist is a tad under 31 inches. I plan to lose about 15 more and see what 135 looks like on me. I imagine at 135 I will be able to fit easily into my old 30 inch waist jeans. Hopefully I won't have to be 130 to fit into those again. I wore them back in 10th grade and I think I was somewhere between 130 and 135 pounds at 5'9" and a half.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
JayMan said:
Just thought I'd update this again with my progress becuase it hadn't been updated in awhile. I am still on the low calorie diet, have cut back to 700 cals from 800 because weight is coming off slower.

I weighed myself today and had my brother measure me and I am now 150 pounds and 5'9" and a half. My waist is a tad under 31 inches. I plan to lose about 15 more and see what 135 looks like on me. I imagine at 135 I will be able to fit easily into my old 30 inch waist jeans. Hopefully I won't have to be 130 to fit into those again. I wore them back in 10th grade and I think I was somewhere between 130 and 135 pounds at 5'9" and a half.

why do you want to weigh 135...thats disgusting man...I know b****s that weight more than that...

Are you trying out for the sequel to the machinist? lol

G

hair today gone tomorrow said:
JayMan said:

why do you want to weigh 135...thats disgusting man...I know b****s that weight more than that...

Are you trying out for the sequel to the machinist? lol

you said you used to weigh 140. only 5 poundsmore