JayMan's weight journal.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
JayMan said:
hair today gone tomorrow said:
JayMan said:
Just thought I'd update this again with my progress becuase it hadn't been updated in awhile. I am still on the low calorie diet, have cut back to 700 cals from 800 because weight is coming off slower.

I weighed myself today and had my brother measure me and I am now 150 pounds and 5'9" and a half. My waist is a tad under 31 inches. I plan to lose about 15 more and see what 135 looks like on me. I imagine at 135 I will be able to fit easily into my old 30 inch waist jeans. Hopefully I won't have to be 130 to fit into those again. I wore them back in 10th grade and I think I was somewhere between 130 and 135 pounds at 5'9" and a half.

why do you want to weigh 135...thats disgusting man...I know b****s that weight more than that...

Are you trying out for the sequel to the machinist? lol

you said you used to weigh 140. only 5 poundsmore

i was 5ft7 then...i wasnt even done with puberty...I was TINY, even at 140.. Keep in mind, youre also 2inches taller than i was then...your gonna look like a string bean.

I think your trying to lose that much weight so you can try to look even younger...

G

I think your trying to lose that much weight so you can try to look even younger...

it won't make me look any younger. just thinner. since i buzzed my head people are tellingme that i look like i'm 16, and they said i looked 19 before doing that. and i am 22. i think it's pretty impossible for me to look any younger than that.

how tall are you now? 5'8?

CCS

Reaction score
I'm 5'8", and 150 pounds, and skinny. I'm trying to put on 10 pounds of muscle, and lose 5 pounds of fat.

G

collegechemistrystudent said:
I'm 5'8", and 150 pounds, and skinny. I'm trying to put on 10 pounds of muscle, and lose 5 pounds of fat.

people thought i would look like crap after this but i don't think i've lost much muscle at all despite losing 35 pounds and doing no exercise. i feel like 90% of what i've lost has been fat. i'd say my body right now looks like the average guy's body my age who isn't overweight.

this might be due to the ephedrine that i'm taking encouraging my body to burn fat for fuel instead of muscle.

p.s. ccs you said you were 5'7.5"

Aplunk1

Reaction score
J,
I bet you get some nasty diarrhea. Have you heard about the new, just-approved weight-loss medication, Alli? It's going to be released July 27. (I believe) It's the first FDA-approved, prescription weight-loss pill.

G

Aplunk said:
J,
I bet you get some nasty diarrhea. Have you heard about the new, just-approved weight-loss medication, Alli? It's going to be released July 27. (I believe) It's the first FDA-approved, prescription weight-loss pill.

yeah i have hearde about that actually, but it's not even going to be prescription bro. you can buy it OTC this summer from what i read.

i dont think it is for me. all it does from what it looks like is make you not absorb the fat from the fatty foods. i dont eat fatty foods so i dont think it will help. and i bet ephedrine is still superior becuase ephedrine is like speed and it gives me more energy despite the low calories im taking in.

i dont have nasty diarrhea but i do have nasty gas a few times a day. like it smells awful. oh well.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
JayMan said:
i dont have nasty diarrhea but i do have nasty gas a few times a day. like it smells awful. oh well.

Since I've lost sooo much weight, and because I eat tons of fruit, I can rip some of the soggiest farts known to man. I don't know... but I think that it's a manly thing to rip huge farts.

It's disgustingly awesome.

Ooops, why did I type this?

G

Aplunk said:
JayMan said:

Since I've lost sooo much weight, and because I eat tons of fruit, I can rip some of the soggiest farts known to man. I don't know... but I think that it's a manly thing to rip huge farts.

It's disgustingly awesome.

Ooops, why did I type this?

Oh god

RON PAUL

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
JayMan said:

it won't make me look any younger. just thinner. since i buzzed my head people are tellingme that i look like i'm 16, and they said i looked 19 before doing that. and i am 22. i think it's pretty impossible for me to look any younger than that.

Im 5'8" exactly now...32in waist 162lbs ~10% body fat
And i think im 2 skinny..id like to be at 8% body fat and 170lbs.

If i was your height id prob shoot for 180lbs or so.

G

JayMan said:
[quote="hair today gone tomorrow":cc89f]

If i was your height id prob shoot for 180lbs or so.[/quote:cc89f]

180 pounds is 7 pounds overweight on the BMI chart for my height I think. Since I'm not an athlete or very muscular, I don't think that's a good idea.

8% body fat is very hard to get to , and even harder to maintain.

G

TruthSmoker said:
I'm 5'9'' 139 pounds with some good muscle around my triceps/biceps. I used to always be 145 ish but I lost weight these past few months though it seems in order to maintain the loss I have to suppress my appetite or I'll binge-eat back to 145.

139?

See you in 3 weeks! :hairy:

There's just something really sexy about being a guy and being able to say your weight is 130 something.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Why would you want to lose anymore? I'm the same height and weight as you but my waist is 28". I probably eat 2000+ cals a day. My bodyfat is quite low probably about 13% at 135lbs you will be built like a girl.

G

s.a.f said:
Why would you want to lose anymore? I'm the same height and weight as you but my waist is 28". I probably eat 2000+ cals a day. My bodyfat is quite low probably about 13% at 135lbs you will be built like a girl.

Good then i can just get a tan and be Paris Hilton. She's about my height right?

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
She could be. But you'll need to go up a few cup sizes and lose a bundle of IQ points. Oni's newly opened private clinic can help with both.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
JayMan said:
JayMan said:
[quote="hair today gone tomorrow":5e875]

If i was your height id prob shoot for 180lbs or so.

180 pounds is 7 pounds overweight on the BMI chart for my height I think. Since I'm not an athlete or very muscular, I don't think that's a good idea.

8% body fat is very hard to get to , and even harder to maintain.[/quote:5e875]

im right aroudn 25 on the bmi chart...you cant use that though if your an athlete..

I guess we differ I prefer an athletic look...Ive played sports my whole life..

seems like your into the emo look...lol minus the hair.

CCS

Reaction score
JayMan said:

people thought i would look like crap after this but i don't think i've lost much muscle at all despite losing 35 pounds and doing no exercise. i feel like 90% of what i've lost has been fat. i'd say my body right now looks like the average guy's body my age who isn't overweight.

this might be due to the ephedrine that i'm taking encouraging my body to burn fat for fuel instead of muscle.

I'm more like 5'7.4"

Anyway, I was wrong about you burning muscle. You burn muscle if you do high intensity exercise with no glycogen in your muscles. Fat can only provide enough engergy for low intensity exercise, like heart rate 65% your max. The other way you lose muscle is from there not being enough amino acids in your blood. Your muscles are constantly tearing down and rebuilding, and recycling amino acids. But during dieting, the liver burns up amino acids in the blood. You got to keep the levels up, with at least 80g of protein per day, spread out.

Dieting without exercise does not cause muscle loss, according to the first CONTROLLED diet study.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
JayMan said:

I'm more like 5'7.4"

Anyway, I was wrong about you burning muscle. You burn muscle if you do high intensity exercise with no glycogen in your muscles. Fat can only provide enough engergy for low intensity exercise, like heart rate 65% your max. The other way you lose muscle is from there not being enough amino acids in your blood. Your muscles are constantly tearing down and rebuilding, and recycling amino acids. But during dieting, the liver burns up amino acids in the blood. You got to keep the levels up, with at least 80g of protein per day, spread out.

Dieting without exercise does not cause muscle loss, according to the first CONTROLLED diet study.

if you lose weight a certain percentage is fat a certain percentage is water and a certain percentage is muscle

CCS

Reaction score
if you lose weight a certain percentage is fat a certain percentage is water and a certain percentage is muscle

No one will argue with you about that, if you include negative numbers.

And muscle includes water.

Anyway, the previous theory was that a decent percentage had to be muscle, especially if there was little exercise involved. That theory has been disproven.

G

Can I read that study or are you calling my experiment the first controlled diet study? lol

and HTGT you are wrong about that. Ephedrine can help predispose the body to burning more fat than muscle than it would have without it.