IWANTPERFECTION'S STORY 23

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Re: IWANTPERFECTION'S STORY- 23YRS OLD

i use nizoral about 4 times a week. to be honest the itch is worse on it.Though first month of using it was fine. maybe im using it too much. il go down to twice a week and see if that helps. all know is a dandruff shampoo shouldnt give dandruff! i might use t gel greasy as an alternative to nizoral. good idea
petch?

no sides to finasteride as yet.

Petchsky

Reaction score

Using it 2x a week is probably a good idea. TGel is a good shampoo, worth a try. Oilatum/viviscal are both good shampoos that have helped me out in the past.

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score

im beginning to think the Doctor was right and my hairloss is thyroid related. im due to start meds soon for hypo. i had a good close look at my thin area today. I notice that firstly im thinning in a weird pattern. i notice where im thin i have big follicles with thick hair and lots of them the hair is only jus coming out altho still thick and dark. there seems to be no miniturisation. i know when temples go for example the areagoes slick.

im beginning to think imay not have male pattern baldness after all.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score

iwantperfection said:
im beginning to think the Doctor was right and my hairloss is thyroid related. im due to start meds soon for hypo. i had a good close look at my thin area today. I notice that firstly im thinning in a weird pattern. i notice where im thin i have big follicles with thick hair and lots of them the hair is only jus coming out altho still thick and dark. there seems to be no miniturisation. i know when temples go for example the areagoes slick.

im beginning to think imay not have male pattern baldness after all.

I have hypothyroidism - what does of thyroxine has your doctor put you on?

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score

f*** it! im hoping on minoxidil. my hair is geting to me now. i think ive got mixture of male pattern baldness and thyroid. its only my dam fringe. its thinned to like nothing! no real temple recession. its like centre of my hairline. on finasteride but im guna try minoxidil and c if these small hairs go back to health. didnt wana go this route but my grip on this is slipping. oh and in case you were wondering..liquid. here goes nothing.

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score

give it a shot you have nothing to lose except your time applying it or possibly your hair

the choice is yours "take it"

heyitsthatguy

Established Member
Reaction score

iwantperfection said:
f*ck it! im hoping on minoxidil. my hair is geting to me now. i think ive got mixture of male pattern baldness and thyroid. its only my dam fringe. its thinned to like nothing! no real temple recession. its like centre of my hairline. on finasteride but im guna try minoxidil and c if these small hairs go back to health. didnt wana go this route but my grip on this is slipping. oh and in case you were wondering..liquid. here goes nothing.
What happend with the thyroid problem? Don't you have to wait a while to see if your hair grows back?

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score

i pretty sure i have male pattern baldness aswell. So im on minoxidil now. just did first app 5mins ago. all i can say is.. ITCHY!

i think paranoia is geting to me about sides cause i feel kinda high and dizzy. Is this normal. ? and 5mins after? damn maybe i cant take this sh*t. feel bit quezzy typing here!

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score

few mins later it passes. that was strange. maybe was jus me imagining it.anyways. photos will be posted at 3month mark. c u then guys.

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score

fincar must be legit. no hair is falling out at all now. and i mean none. its weird. been years since i could run my hands through my hair continually and nothing fall out. i expect a huge minoxidil shed to hit me now..ah such is life.

cuebald

Reaction score

I see a mature hairline only?

helpmyhair

Established Member
Reaction score

iwantperfection.... update on you progress? are you maintaining with the finasteride? any sides yet?

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Its definately not a mature hairline. i will be posting pics in a month. i have proper baseline pics aswell which will show the problem better.

As said above my loss has stopped at the moment which is down to finasteride i would imagine. Been on it few months now. I have only started minoxidil liquid (on 4th day). Prob will shed soon but as of yet nothing. Hair great.

No sides from finasteride or minoxidil. First day of minoxidil felt high but thats gone. Hate how makes my hair look but i can live with it.

heyitsthatguy

Established Member
Reaction score

How does the minoxidil make your hair look?
And also how can you tell if you have a mature hairline or just balding?
My hairs no thinner at the hairline than it ever was and its not thinning at the crown so I don't no whether I should jump into a regimen like you.
Its all so dam ambiguous.

Anyways good luck with your regimen, hope it works out for you. Looks like your doing everything you can.

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score

makes my hair greasy. IMO a mature hairline is when someone is say a nw2 but when they pull their hairback the line is solid and theres no gaps or thin lines going into the body of hair. My hair has thinned to where i started worrying alot so i hit big3. My plan was to just use finasteride but my front was thinning so i jumped on minoxidil. Most success stories are on big3. Defenton inspired me. Im confident i will have good outcome but im happy just knowing im on finasteride and doing best i can.

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score

just dropping in to report...my first SIDE!! dun dun dunnnnnn!!! :woot:

Was gettin freaky with my bird and lets just say a messy activity was a bit more messier than usual. lol

Yeah so my sperm now has the consistency of olive oil. It didnt really bother me. Would it be wrong to even say it was good :jump: ahahaha

My girlfriend said to me 'wow you needed that didnt ya'

I smirked to myself knowing in my head why it happened. Ah the lif eof a finasteride user. Straight crazy :)

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score

good luck with the big 3

i think we started the big 3 at similar times

IMO i think we have similar hair loss "slight miniaturization just more than a normal nw2 and very slight thinning in the crown as well

keep us posted on your progress!

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Man your hair looks great!

Good luck with your regimen , where abouts are you from in Ireland?

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score

decro435 said:
Man your hair looks great!

Good luck with your regimen , where abouts are you from in Ireland?

thanks. Im from northern ireland but im living in manchester now.

Hairfall is currently very low and hair seems good. Im excited about showing you all my pics at a later stage. things are on the up :hump: