IWANTPERFECTION'S STORY 23

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i am hypothyroid.

I take levothyroxine.. no idea about what meds do what to hair. all i know is i gota take my stuff to keep my levels normal

amsch

Reaction score
iwantperfection said:
i am hypothyroid.

I take levothyroxine.. no idea about what meds do what to hair. all i know is i gota take my stuff to keep my levels normal
Would you mind posting some of your blood tests results (thyroid related) if you have any? :)

RYAN, many doctors have no clue. PLEASE get those as well. You're gonna be a sad man when you'll have to get another blood test to get those later.

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score
im not sure what way it works in the states but in the uk we dont get printed results.

we go in do our bloods and the Doctor tells us whats up and writes a script. no idea about figures nor do i care for them. As long as im on the right meds im happy enuf

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hey guys. dont know if any of you will remember me but hi again! been couple of years since i have been on here. My hair got worse after left here so i jumped back on finasteride and currently my hair is great. using finasteride alone i got back to a nw1 though the temples are thinner than the middle of the hairline. My hair isnt the thickest but kinda of comes and goes which is weird. It will be bad for few months..kind of thin and lifeless and then it gets better and i totally forget about my hair for few months..v strange. Right now im at a place where i monitor it but it doesnt get me down. Sometimes i look in the mirror and think damn ..bad day today but i just do my hair and get on with things. Regime wise im only on finasteride right now but need to go back on nizoral as my scalp is so itchy recently esp around hairline. In regards to finasteride im on 5mg fincar and my daily regime consists of picking up the tablet im on and nibbling a piece off lol

Nice to see you all again and ill be about...enjoying reading the forum again!!

kthxbi

Established Member
Reaction score
that's awesome man, good to hear you're getting the results you were looking for, or close to them anyway. you say you're only on finasteride now, does this mean you don't take anything for the hypothyroidism anymore?

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score
oh i do..it may or may not relate to some of the hairloss. i dont know. to be honest im tired of being a scientist and coming up with theories of what my hair is going through. I take my finasteride and try to forget my hair. im 25 now and noone has ever said anything to me about my hair. It was a secret i kept well. The only ppl i told were my parents who agreed with me back few yrs ago it did look like i was thinning a bit. Recently though having not seen my parents in a good while my mum commented on how my hair looked perfect again!!?? So i now ive had some positive effect go on. I was recently thinkng of going back on regaine but i dont know if its a good idea. The little effect it may give me probs isnt worth the regime id have to go through everyday...wel c

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score
no sides i dont think. I tend to have to go to the toliet in the night which may be one but its somethng ive got used to lol

irishpride86

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
so turns out you had hairloss anyway, huh, well glad the finasteride is working, why not get on minoxidil you stated to me that it did wonders for you, i see that it should only help,

also did you ever shed on finasteride,

thanks,

and nice seeing you post agian an update.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Hey Kaleb, it nice to see a former poster back with an update. I got diagnosed too with a thyroid problem too and taking synthroid as well. I have Hashimoto's thyroiditis. Do you have that or just hypothyroidism? For the past 5 years, I suspected my thyroid was off and finally got a doctor to find the problem. Synthroid caused a large shed after a few weeks but now things are getting better. I have alot of new growth at the hairline recently and I can't say what its from but I am glad to be on synthroid as I feel so much better and have so much more energy now. Did you ever get a shed on synthroid( I think you take the generic version)?
I think alot of your cycles of thinning and thickening could be thyroid related too as I do think mine can be too. Unfortunately you really can't distinguish between thyroid related loss vs diffuse thinning due to male pattern baldness so I still use treatments for both.
This forum is way too hard to leave and never come back. This forum has been a big part of my life and its very hard to avoid checking out how people are doing. Its always nice to see someone from the past post and update like you have. Welcome back.

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score
going to update with pics in next few days to show what finasteride has been doing for me for new posters.

keep your heads up fellas

zb00st

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey welcome back.
My hair isnt the thickest but kinda of comes and goes which is weird. It will be bad for few months..kind of thin and lifeless and then it gets better and i totally forget about my hair for few months..v strange.

Thats exactly what I go thru while was on finasteride. As you say very strange.