IWANTPERFECTION'S STORY 23

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Re: IWANTPERFECTION'S STORY- NEW PIC UPDATE PG4!

Kaleb I think you summed up pretty well how I perceive my hair. Lets put it this way, it always been a part of me that I got the most complements. You think I want to lose it just because I am older. I need something to hold on to so my immaturity fits me better. :)

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Re: IWANTPERFECTION'S STORY- NEW PIC UPDATE PG4!

house thats exactly how it is with me. i have been complemented my whole life on how great my hair is. I dont imagine thinning. i have seen hair in shower and all that for years. i just have very slow hair loss. which im thankful for. Some here who are nw3 etc im sure realise it would have been better for them to start treatment early. So i never know why guys like me are slated.

Your not immature house. Its just you. :)

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Kaleb, I think most of my situation is frustration because I have a great head of hair and I started early on meds to try and keep it and I can't even do that. I know I am lucky to have what I have but what if it could be possible these meds COULD make your hair worse. That is what bothers me the most. No doctor in the world can tell you FOR CERTAIN Propecia or Rogaine could never make someone's hairloss increase. So when I read a few posters who have gone off the meds and their hair improves, I get a little worried that I did THIS to myself all for the greed of keeping hair. I have always been complemented on my hair by both men( of course mostly the :gay: ones) and women. They say my hair makes me look "sexy". Now thats its slowing going, I feel I am no longer going be "attractive" as I age. That is just how I am.

amsch

Reaction score
DoctorHouse said:
Kaleb, I think most of my situation is frustration because I have a great head of hair and I started early on meds to try and keep it and I can't even do that. I know I am lucky to have what I have but what if it could be possible these meds COULD make your hair worse. That is what bothers me the most. No doctor in the world can tell you FOR CERTAIN Propecia or Rogaine could never make someone's hairloss increase. So when I read a few posters who have gone off the meds and their hair improves, I get a little worried that I did THIS to myself all for the greed of keeping hair. I have always been complemented on my hair by both men( of course mostly the :gay: ones) and women. They say my hair makes me look "sexy". Now thats its slowing going, I feel I am no longer going be "attractive" as I age. That is just how I am.

I'd really like to see a pic of you, doctor house. You're constantly saying how good and young you're looking and how sexy you are. :woot:

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Amsch, If you think Keanu Reeves is sexy and good looking then you would say the same about me. If not, then I guess its better most women consider him good looking. I am a dead ringer for Keanu Reeves. I think maybe when I met Marky Mark, I think he wanted to know my name because I think he thought I could be Keanu. If you ever come to Florida, Amsch, I will personally shake your hand and let you see for yourself.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Don't like fried chicken but I can always get grilled. How bout we go for Shepherd's Pie, Iris stew, or some Dublin Bay Prawns.

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I hate english food to be honest. Being of italian descent ive been brought up on good food :whistle: . I do like fish and chips though.

A HairLossTalk.com get together would be hilarious. Everyones eyes would be on each other's hair.

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ok i never did get back on the sh*t. i have been off meds since like may. and notihng is different. i got sick of the sh*t. im guna ride it out and let it be whatever 'it' may be.

my hair aint as it was when i was 18 but who's is?? im thinner up at front bit but styled right im okay. im not guna cry over it. sometime si have a bad hair day and it gets me down but i soon get over it.

i just got engaged and things r good. my gf knows my concerns over the past couple of years and shrugs it off. i think alot of the concern guys have about their hair is more a concern of what others think....usually the opposite sex. understandable. the good ones dont give a sh*t boys. live for yourself and know one else. that way you do what you want and meet the right people...real people. f*** the rest. they usually end up worse anyways. lol. we all know the cliche story of the school bully that ends up on benefits or whatever.

anyways...cool to be back and reaidng up on all the topics use guys being delving into.

Mens Rea

Reaction score
iwantperfection said:
ok i never did get back on the sh*t. i have been off meds since like may. and notihng is different. i got sick of the sh*t. im guna ride it out and let it be whatever 'it' may be.

my hair aint as it was when i was 18 but who's is?? im thinner up at front bit but styled right im okay. im not guna cry over it. sometime si have a bad hair day and it gets me down but i soon get over it.

i just got engaged and things r good. my gf knows my concerns over the past couple of years and shrugs it off. i think alot of the concern guys have about their hair is more a concern of what others think....usually the opposite sex. understandable. the good ones dont give a sh*t boys. live for yourself and know one else. that way you do what you want and meet the right people...real people. f*ck the rest. they usually end up worse anyways. lol. we all know the cliche story of the school bully that ends up on benefits or whatever.

anyways...cool to be back and reaidng up on all the topics use guys being delving into.

TBH this is why i didn't go on finasteride earlier. I was in a serious relationship and thought this girl was the one so my hairloss wasn't weighing too heavily on me. She didn't care at all about it and thought it was silly i was even using minoxidil. "You're a man" she said, "who cares?".

So ill be honest and admit it is the only reason i care so much - balding puts me at a disadvantage in the field, it is what it is. So im figuring in later live when hopefully that isn't an issue and im older that hairloss won't be that weighty of a factor.

End of the day how you look in your twenties are much more important than in later life.

I mean, even if i lose all my hair in the morning it wont affect my friendships and my job: why would? None of those people treat me any differently because of my looks, so why would i act differently? It might affect my confidence with women though if i noticed a sharp downturn in attention etc, but that's becuase of them not me.

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score
iwantperfection said:

i just got engaged and things r good. my gf knows my concerns over the past couple of years and shrugs it off. i think alot of the concern guys have about their hair is more a concern of what others think....usually the opposite sex. understandable. the good ones dont give a sh*t boys. live for yourself and know one else. that way you do what you want and meet the right people...real people. f*ck the rest. they usually end up worse anyways. lol. we all know the cliche story of the school bully that ends up on benefits or whatever.

it great to hear you being very positive!

congratulations on your engagement

Mens Rea

Reaction score
irishpride86 said:
wowo .. this sh*t is funny ... forst we have Obsideian tell me to STAY ON finasteride and then we have IWANTPERFECTION thats tells me to STAY ON finasteride AND GET ON minoxidil...

Then he comes back and he's the one that drops everything....

:jackit:

Mate, thats hairloss. You go through just about every emotional standpoint on time or another.

Personally ive went back and forward a few times. Its difficult to retain a clear outlook on the whole thing considering your hair might change or for whatever reason you experience changes.

fluffy123

Established Member
Reaction score
Good to hear from you mate and especially good to hear that you're remaining positive! :bravo:

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score
irishpride86 said:
wowo .. this sh*t is funny ... forst we have Obsideian tell me to STAY ON finasteride and then we have IWANTPERFECTION thats tells me to STAY ON finasteride AND GET ON minoxidil...

Then he comes back and he's the one that drops everything....

:jackit:

Dude my hair isnt diffusing all over like yours. I told you to get on minoxidil because of that reason. It works best for people like you. I dropped meds because my hair was getting alot better after i started my thyroid treatment and continues to do so.

Your the one that doesnt know what to be on and keeps changing. Your only going to hurt your hair doing that. Time to swallow the bitter pill dude of reality.

heyitsthatguy

Established Member
Reaction score
iwantperfection said:
Dude my hair isnt diffusing all over like yours. I told you to get on minoxidil because of that reason. It works best for people like you. I dropped meds because my hair was getting alot better after i started my thyroid treatment and continues to do so.

Your the one that doesnt know what to be on and keeps changing. Your only going to hurt your hair doing that. Time to swallow the bitter pill dude of reality.

So you don't have male pattern baldness then??
And yeah if your hairs getting better then I don't blame you for dropping the meds.

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Nah i think i have very slow male pattern baldness. but sorting my thyroid has improved my hair. Its not entirely as i would like it but now i could stand in the rain and not be bothered what it looked like anymore.

I will monitor the situation over the next year and if it gets worse i may go back on a small dosage on finasteride. For now though the only pill i will be taking is my thyroid replacement.

amsch

Reaction score
irishpride86 said:
hey IWP im getting my blood test this week..... gotthe money now... im taking the following:

cmp,cbc,ana,ferritin, iron saturation, pl, rpr, sed rate, testos, tsh. free t3. b14/folic acid, pth, ionized caluim....

15 test total...

lets hope to got its my thyroid.... could be .. who knows...

um, I would add sexual hormones like dht, testo, free testo, estrogene, prolactin if possible.

amsch

Reaction score
And why aren't you getting those 2? they are very important regarding hairloss.