IWANTPERFECTION'S STORY 23

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hey. Im currently 23 and im fighting hairloss like the rest of you guys. My hair loss started when i was 19/20 i think. I first noticed my hair wasnt just as thick as usual and styling it wasnt just as easy. Then came the realisation of seeing hairs in the shower...the rest os history. Went to Doctor about it and was told it was due to my thyroid..i didnt buy this. I bought a herbal type thingcalled proceriin. As we all know that was a snakeoil. I didnt really do much studying on the subject after this and lived with it as it was quite slow. Fast forward to now and it was bothering me enough to do more research on it. Found these forums and learnt alot very quickly. I have started finasteride in the shape of fincar as many of you will kno of. So its finasteride 1.25mg a day and nizoral few times a week. All i really can do now is live my life and try forget it best i can and not to stress about it. Im currently a student so my education is first and foremost. . I understand everyone gets older and cant stay beautiful forever so if being bald is my fate im going to have to swallow it though its a while away yet if i am to go down that road...as i say im only thinning a bit.. im not claiming to be bald as some here do in a panic. I know there are guys at 18 going through a pain i couldnt even understand and i try to help around these forums best i can. Give a little take a little works well here.

So heres a few pictures...not great but i have some good ones im going to post at month3 mark.

23yr old... Hair short here. Temples going a bit though there is still vellus hairs . Crown showing thinning
baseline.jpg

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
Re: IWANTPERFECTION'S STORY- 23YRS OLD

No offence dude, but I wouldn't claim to be bald either with that set of hair. The pun was obviously for me... :gay:

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score

lol i never ever claimed to be bald. all i have is slight thinning in the male pattern baldness areas. its slow but needs treated all the same. if left it wud only get worse.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score

I think you're doing the best thing using finasteride and nizoral. good luck!

uncomfortable man

Reaction score

Are there many bald folks in Ireland? I am a fiend for huge juggs too. :hump: I have to admit that if I had seen your pics earlier on in my time here on this site I would have ripped into you. But at least you can see things for what they are and are not exaggerating your situation. I just shaved my head today with the clippers and I might have my ex (who is Irish btw) take some shots, since nobody here has seen me freshly shaven- except for my avatar, which is a drawing.

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score

eh..as many balding guys as anywhere really. Ds are average here haha. get a pic up uman.
To be honest my hair is currently worse than those pics show. I think my saving grace is that my hair was so thick before that the thinning has a lot to do to show up. Cant wax my hair like at 19 now but with finasteride theres hope. ppl look at my hair and say why but its general thinning that has effected me rather than the pattern. Tho my temples are loosing a bit. Dont get me wrong im jus trying to maintain!

ali777

Reaction score

Don't get me wrong, I'm not telling you off... But you are probably OK not to use any med for the next few years. With those things, you just don't know how aggressive it will get.

You are at the very beginning of it, and it may or may not be a case of normal aging....

I can see in my old pics that my male pattern baldness started when I was around your age but it didn't bother me till 30.

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Yeah thing is it did start few years ago and i kinda just thought id leave it a bit. But now its started taking a bit of pace and thats why i have started on the meds. I hope to god i can live a few more years without having to use minoxidil though. Im the type of guy that couldnt keep to the twice a day thing. My front has thinned a bit and although its still there the frindge is weak and a bit see through a far cry from what it was couple of years ago. The crown as you can see has the signs of thinning starting so jumping on finasteride probs for the best. I would say i have lost probs 50%density though because i had such thick hair this leaves me with still full coverage though its starting to get to that stage where in some lights i get a bit of scalp. Fingers crossed the finasteride thickines things up for another few years.

Family history here..

Father - NW1...think ronald reagan. over 50 and not one grey still!! My hair was always like his colour wise and thickness wise and had the same waves and directions to it.

Uncle 1 - NW2
Uncle 3 - nw5
Mum's dad - nw5 (not good but hear this is a myth)
dads dad - nw3

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score

iwantperfection said:
Yeah thing is it did start few years ago and i kinda just thought id leave it a bit. But now its started taking a bit of pace and thats why i have started on the meds. I hope to god i can live a few more years without having to use minoxidil though. Im the type of guy that couldnt keep to the twice a day thing. My front has thinned a bit and although its still there the frindge is weak and a bit see through a far cry from what it was couple of years ago. The crown as you can see has the signs of thinning starting so jumping on finasteride probs for the best. I would say i have lost probs 50%density though because i had such thick hair this leaves me with still full coverage though its starting to get to that stage where in some lights i get a bit of scalp. Fingers crossed the finasteride thickines things up for another few years.

Family history here..

Father - NW1...think ronald reagan. over 50 and not one grey still!! My hair was always like his colour wise and thickness wise and had the same waves and directions to it.

Uncle 1 - NW2
Uncle 3 - nw5
Mum's dad - nw5 (not good but hear this is a myth)
dads dad - nw3

It's not a myth. Baldness is an inherited trait. Since, as a man, you inherit your x gene (guy's have an x and a y, and its the y from your father that makes you a dude) from your mother, there is a 50/50 chance you inherit your mother's father's x gene (she got one from mom and one from dad).
This is what pisses me off... Both my dad and my maternal grandfather are ok, baldness wise. My dad is balding now, like his father, but he's in his late 50's. My mom's dad never lost any hair at all. If I was balding in my late 50's I'd probably think it was funny. It certainly wouldn't bother me. I inherited my baldness from my mom's maternal grandfather... Which is not the most likely scenario. Basically, I had 3 options, one great (maternal grandfather), one not bad (dad), and one bad one, and I got the bad one.

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score

interesting...must be several genes for hair then. i have my fathers exact hair. in fact i look very like him in all ways. My hair is same colour, same directions, same coarseness and same hairline and everything. must be a dam seperate gene for balding..great. ah well. well see where things go with finasteride and future thinning. i suppose wanting a new1 forever is a bit vain. if i lose my hair slowly and gracefully with age id be happy enough.

who drew the picture uman??...its good

uncomfortable man

Reaction score

Self portrait. I'm an artist.

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score

strange question here.. has anyone ever been allergic to nizoral? my scalp is itchy and so is my body. the outsides of my upper arms are bad and have dried up and are now red. its not so much itchness but what feels like something biting. like what id imagine a flea to feel like. maybe im using it too much? 4 times a week. maybe allergic?

Nuli

Established Member
Reaction score

I had this happen also, but im pretty sure its from the finasteride and not the nizoral. finasteride affects your body hair also. I had itching on my arms and legs, it was bad. The good news is it should pass in 2-3 weeks, at least it did for me

monitoradiation

Established Member
Reaction score

How itchy? Are you applying nizoral daily? I actually also had that problem (only itchy scalp) when I used it daily so I toned it down and now I use it every 3rd day or so. No problems here...

As for skin on the rest of my body, I havent seen changes, but I developed an eczema or a rash on the bridge of my right foot and slight swelling in my two big toes that went away within 3 days. The eczema is getting better with rabid applications of lotion.

fluffy123

Established Member
Reaction score

Keep up the good work mate :)

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Hey guys do i have a scalp problem?? My scalps been itchy or rather its like little shots of feeling like 'bites'. im using nizoral and have been for a while but my scalp does nothing but shed skin. If i look at it through my hair the whole scalp is white and flaky.

I put my head over my glass table and ran my hands quickly through my hair for a 20 seconds and this is what it looked like...

DSC00634.jpg

How can i stop this...

No need for cocaine jokes with the powder and glass table :jackit:

Obsidian

Reaction score

I notice when I use shampoos with tea tree oil my scalp problem (flaking/itching) goes down.

helpmyhair

Established Member
Reaction score

@Iwantperfection,

1) Are you getting any sides from finasteride?

2) RE: Itching/Biting... I'm currently only on nizoral and that's all I have ever used. I too am getting that scalp itch. I don't think I have those white flakes like you, but that itch/biting feeling drives me nuts. I figure scratching my scalp would be the worst idea. Reading on these forums, I have heard of some spray that people use to combat the itch which seems to really help.

But I think asking everyone if getting an Itchy scalp with nizoral is normal... or if it is a reaction that could result in worse hair loss?

Petchsky

Reaction score

Do you use Nizoral, if so do you use it 3x a week...try pir olmine shampoo. Apple cider vinegar is very effective also. Copper peptides, also tea tree conditioner mentioned earlier is very good for inflammation.