Ivory Dome - Scalp Calcification Theory

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why do you say that?

Inuits (eskimos) are the perfect example of ketogenic diet (seals, whale, fish and seaweed) combined with fasting. They had perfect hairlines until globalization brought carbs to their diets.
They probably get a huge amount of Vitamin D, since there is perpetual sunshine. I wonder if the seaweed is a good source of K2

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ll put it out there that it’s not necessarily carbs , but wheat that is inflammatory and the iron fortification of our breads.
There is some theory about wheat/bread leeching nutrients but I’m not sure about it.

Personally I’m pro fruit and taking a second look about my beliefs in “sugar” being the issue. Everything we eat gets turned into glucose

LITUATUI

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ll put it out there that it’s not necessarily carbs , but wheat that is inflammatory and the iron forogificatiom of our breads.
There is some theory about wheat/bread leeching nutrients but I’m not sure about it.

Personally I’m pro fruit and taking a second look about my beliefs in “sugar” being the issue

Native Americans didn't go bald either and they ate some carbs like corn and potatoes, but they did fast, which brought their sugar levels back to normal. Fasting is very important, it can even cure type 2 diabetes.

Regarding fruits, most humans evolved without access to tropical fruits, which are the ones that have the most sugar.

Berries (that humans can find almost everywhere and adapted to them) are great fruits to eat, low sugar, high vitamins and antioxidants.

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They probably get a huge amount of Vitamin D, since there is perpetual sunshine. I wonder if the seaweed is a good source of K2
This is sarcasm, right? I mean, in Alaska, there are weeks on end without sun light. Yes, the reverse happens, but again, they are still trying to maintain a circadian rhythm. Those winter months, it is dark all day long, and, they are bundled up with very little skin exposed to the sunlight.

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
Native Americans didn't go bald either and they ate some carbs like corn and potatoes, but they did fast, which brought their sugar levels back to normal. Fasting is very important, it can even cure type 2 diabetes.

Regarding fruits, most humans evolved without access to tropical fruits, which are the ones that have the most sugar.

Berries (that humans can find almost everywhere and adapted to them) are great fruits to eat, low sugar, high vitamins and antioxidants.
Have any articles or books I can read?
Interesting ideas

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is sarcasm, right? I mean, in Alaska, there are weeks on end without sun light. Yes, the reverse happens, but again, they are still trying to maintain a circadian rhythm. Those winter months, it is dark all day long, and, they are bundled up with very little skin exposed to the sunlight.
I thought it was like 16 hour days year round and the sunlight was reflected off the snow so they got a lot. Btw fish has huge amounts of Vit A and D, which is why Beasty recommended shark liver and cod liver oil. So I imagine they got a f*** ton dietarily now that I think about it

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
Fish oil suppresses the immune system, this would lower the inflammation in the blood vessels

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
better to get algae oil

fish oil makes me extremely depressed idm why

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I thought it was like 16 hour days year round and the sunlight was reflected off the snow so they got a lot. Btw fish has huge amounts of Vit A and D, which is why Beasty recommended shark liver and cod liver oil. So I imagine they got a f*** ton dietarily now that I think about it
Only in the summer. In the winter, it’s exact opposite. But yes, absolutely in diet

WheeljackG1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well it certainly sounds interesting. I can say that I got a lot of regrowth from my vitamin d supplement. More then regrowth actually. Hair growing lower then where my hairline was before I started balding. Too bad it's not thick enough or long enough to look like real hair yet though, and it hasn't stopped my balding.

LITUATUI

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
By the way guys, vitamins D and K are fat-soluble vitamins. Therefore D3 + K2 supplements should be taken with a meal that includes dietary fat - actually this is written in the directions of those supplements.

If you're in a ketogenic diet you're already doing this.

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

ComeBackTemples

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How about using Bisphosphonates? Apparently that is the best cure for calcification according to Dr. Google :)

yayapapaya

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Look into Sandalore from another thread. It increases IGF1, and IGF1 fights calcification.

J0ker

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Was on D3 5,000 IU, K2 (MK-7) 150mcg, & Magnesium (chloride) Oil 1x/day for 1 month and 7 days. I upped it to 10,000 IU, 250mcg because it seemed like I had no side effects and felt good. I was on that for 10 days (until yesterday).

I never, ever usually get headaches but I started getting this pressure on my head. Thought I was listening to too much music cause something similar to this has happened before. I haven't listened to music or been wearing a headset the last few days but it still remains. It's got better but it hasn't completely went away so I'm stopping this for now. Also some minor mental side effects which if you google can happen from too much Vitamin D. Best way to describe it would be brain fog which is pretty funny.

Thought it'd be alright cause if you google around people/nutritionists say these dosages are really safe, and they don't even mention Magnesium, and sometimes not even Vitamin K.

So yeah. Another thing to add to my discontinued list, at least for now. Wouldn't recommend going above 5000 IU, especially if you haven't been to a doctor first.

Also it's sorta worth noting you don't have to take it every day. It's a fat-soluble vitamin, so your body stores it then releases it when it needs. I'll be trying it again in the future but it wont be 10,000 IU and it wont be every day. Don't know till you try I guess.

Last edited: