Ivory Dome - Scalp Calcification Theory

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
More rounded your head more stress/force it exerts on top of head and subsequently hair loss. The square /box shaped head causes least force on scalp . the real cause of baldness is headshape which initiates the entire process. Androgen exaggerate the shape more and kills the fat layer which in turn kills hairs.
I am doing head shape massage for a month now and seeing results.

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Excellent hypothesis.
Calcification is like trying to grow a plant through cement. Or on the interstate highway. Definitely this is part of the problem with hair growth. Have to break up this barrier no matter how it forms. All the topicals that vasodialate, stop psoriasis, lessen sebum are providing more blood flow to follicles. I think we must also keep our scalps clean from fungus. Methylene blue is interesting. When we lose hair we have to fight back.
When I dermaroll definitely hear the crackling like a Ritz cracker. I have a regimen too numerous to mention. But topicals can penetrate the scalp & calcification to more or lesser extent. My next thing I’m looking at is testing my hormone levels, thyroid, cortisol to see where I am.

Mook

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok, except absolutely do not take that much vitamin D. That can cause arterial calcification, literally what you are trying to avoid.

Seeñor Pelitos

My Regimen
Reaction score
This calcification thing sounds interesting and I’m on board with it. The part I still don’t get is why do transplanted hairs grow and remain thick on this part of the scalp for basically a lifetime? Doesn’t the calcification process eventually catch up to the new blood supply that develops for these transplanted hairs? Btw don’t take vitamin d3 and k2 together because they compete with each other. Take them about 8 hours apart like vitamin d3 with your breakfast and vit k2 with dinner and of course as mentioned along with fats.

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
This calcification thing sounds interesting and I’m on board with it. The part I still don’t get is why do transplanted hairs grow and remain thick on this part of the scalp for basically a lifetime? Doesn’t the calcification process eventually catch up to the new blood supply that develops for these transplanted hairs? Btw don’t take vitamin d3 and k2 together because they compete with each other. Take them about 8 hours apart like vitamin d3 with your breakfast and vit k2 with dinner and of course as mentioned along with fats.

Why is there a lot of supplement that combined D3 and K2 in one pills ? Are they retard ?

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you have a source for the info about not taking D3 and K2 together? Thanks.

Jaka

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been taking vitamin D3 and K2 (MK-7) for awhile. I take them for something unrelated to hair loss. Although they can be taken at different times, it was recommended by my doctor to take them together and after eating. I stuck with his recommendation. I take both vitamins with black pepper for enhancement.

I did a quick search and found this:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5613455/

Seeñor Pelitos

My Regimen
Reaction score
I simply googled best times to take vitamins d3 and k2 and from those results I found that when taken together vitamin k2 may only get absorbed 10-50%. When taken apart you guarantee better absorption. I also don’t get why they put them together it’s not like the body utilizes them right away. They simply get stored and used when needed so their synergistic effect still happens. It’s probably more convenient taken together but you may be waisting part of it. I’m no doctor but that’s what I gathered.

Seeñor Pelitos

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been taking vitamin D3 and K2 (MK-7) for awhile. I take them for something unrelated to hair loss. Although they can be taken at different times, it was recommended by my doctor to take them together and after eating. I stuck with his recommendation. I take both vitamins with black pepper for enhancement.

I did a quick search and found this:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5613455/
I think synergistic interplay has nothing to do with them being taken together.

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm taking 10 000UI Vit D a day with K2 mk7 since a lot of years. Very good to help with tiredness but never helped on Androgenetic Alopecia...Don't take hope on this ;)

oleg

My Regimen
Reaction score
Isn't this exciting, you visit a "New research" category in 2019, and among the top threads you get this one with groundbreaking ideas about trying a bunch of bullsh*t vitamins and oils, and brilliant advice, like "have less stressful life"
What a time to be alive

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Isn't this exciting, you visit a "New research" category in 2019, and among the top threads you get this one with groundbreaking ideas about trying a bunch of bullsh*t vitamins and oils, and brilliant advice, like "have less stressful life"
What a time to be alive
Lol it’s just a theory. You don’t have to try it, stop bitching.

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
What a time to be alive

You're totally right man....it's totally awesome...
Soon a new thread about scalp massage and Saw palmetto.....like ImmortalHair forum !

1knox1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What a time to be alive

Depressing, isn’t it!

Seeñor Pelitos

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm taking 10 000UI Vit D a day with K2 mk7 since a lot of years. Very good to help with tiredness but never helped on Androgenetic Alopecia...Don't take hope on this ;)
Well don’t expect two vitamins alone to regrow hair. They contribute to the calcification angle. It takes multiple things for a scalp to bald so it would take multiple to fight it. Micro needle seems to fight calcification and I read somewhere that sandalore contributes as well. From most studies that I read about hair loss it is now believed that there most likely won’t be a one treatment cure but multiple one.

Newlybalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I’ve been doing this for the best part of 4 weeks now. 4000iu of vitd3, two pills of mk7 (can’t remember what IU it is) and magnesium and I feel like it may actually be making things worse?? If the calcification is happening due to male pattern baldness, is taking mk7 possibly making the calcification process faster as it makes the transport of the calcium more efficient and therefore going to where the body is signalling to go (scalp)?

I say this as all of a sudden whenever I roll my head to the back or sides I’m getting a clicking noise in my head (mostly in the back of my head where it shouldn’t even be balding). Saying this, I’ve also had the flu for about a month now, but yeah, is it possible mk7 is actually speeding up calcification?