Italian Hair Loss Lotion To Hit The Market In 2016

Alternative

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I used to work with copyrighted material.
I worked with films that were not out and did not have any trailer yet.
I used to work with movies that were made by Disney, me and my team had to sign agreement that we would not leak the details of the script before the movie was out, otherwise Disney would have sued my ***. Same applies here.

Bitless

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I used to work with copyrighted material.
I worked with films that were not out and did not have any trailer yet.
I used to work with movies that were made by Disney, me and my team had to sign agreement that we would not leak the details of the script before the movie was out, otherwise Disney would have sued my ***. Same applies here.
Exactly

kawnshawn

Established Member
Reaction score
A concern of mine is that Brotzu hasn't released any before-after pictures of the participants in the study.
He could easily have blurred their faces and paid them some money.

Fair enough, he’s an old man and might not understand marketing, but Fidia knows marketing and should have made sure it was done. Probably the cheapest way to advertise for the product aswell, pay the best responders maximum a couple of grand. 100% regrowth as claimed would make the news internationally, resulting in a massive hype.

I don’t understand this at all.
Lol Jesus Christ dude what are you even talking about? The presentation for the study is still a week and half away. Why would they show photos before the presentation? The presentation is to review their findings and methods in regards to the trial with peers. This is common sense stuff man.

Marco445

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

That’s a very different situation. Leaking a script before the movie is released means that someone can copy the story and make money of it. You would agree the same can’t be said about before-after pictures, right?

kawnshawn

Established Member
Reaction score
Brotzu has "abandoned" the project, he just got paid from FIDIA for the license. The most important problem that FIDIA has met in these years has been the conservation of the lotion, so maybe (it's just an ipothesis) they don't want to promote a product that couldn't be launched on the market until it is sure. All might change after the 14 of April, 'cause if Brotzu says that the lotion is ready to be selled, FIDIA cannot hide anymore.
Sorry for my English.
Oh look, more people who have no idea what they are talking about. Brotzu never "abandoned" the lotion. He sold the rights to a company that could produce it and bring it to market. Why would him and his son still be in contact with FIDIA during devolpment and why would FIDIA let him be the speaker at next weeks presentation is he "abandoned" it? Think before you post.

Marco445

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol Jesus Christ dude what are you even talking about? The presentation for the study is still a week and half away. Why would they show photos before the presentation? The presentation is to review their findings and methods in regards to the trial with peers. This is common sense stuff man.

The studies were done two years ago. My point is that if they released pics just after the trials, the whole balding world would know about it by now and be ready to buy the product as soon it hit the stores. Fidia would have to get the patent first so that no one could legally copy the formula, but this is officially granted if I’m not completely wrong?

Bitless

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The studies were done two years ago. My point is that if they released pics just after the trials, the whole balding world would know about it by now and be ready to buy the product as soon it hit the stores. Fidia would have to get the patent first so that no one could legally copy the formula, but this is officially granted if I’m not completely wrong?
Do you know how hard to commercialize potential ground breaking products to the market ? And they are ready to present just next week. Also different area but same logic, I’m pretty sure Dr.Brotzu needs a permission from fidia to release the photos. My guess is they want to present their works at sitri since it’s one of the most respective hair loss conference in Italy so they can show how serious and effective this lotion is.

JimmyB

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A concern of mine is that Brotzu hasn't released any before-after pictures of the participants in the study.
He could easily have blurred their faces and paid them some money.

Fair enough, he’s an old man and might not understand marketing, but Fidia knows marketing and should have made sure it was done. Probably the cheapest way to advertise for the product aswell, pay the best responders maximum a couple of grand. 100% regrowth as claimed would make the news internationally, resulting in a massive hype.

I don’t understand this at all.

It's clear many of you have never worked in a science field or research space. You don't just throw this kind of info out there with little or no reward. The release of something as important as pictures would either come in a publication or presentation so it has context and explanation (and, from a CV perspective, you get another notch on your belt). Plus, the buildup for the researchers or company is better. If Fidia does indeed release this soon (which I still doubt it will), they will release pictures if they want to be taken seriously. If not then they're no different than any other snakeoil.

Non-medical products can get away with reckless releases a little more since it doesn't affect people's heath. The fact that Naughton/Histogen is so open with info, while showing so little progress, is a good example of the kind of company that needs unwarranted hype to stay in the news. Any company with worthwhile results will have those results speak for themselves. But the release needs to make sense.

itsAlright

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
S equol is an ingridient that binds to Dht, but the liposomal delivery behind this product is what makes it not go systematic. It only affects the Dht on your scalp.

Right, my understanding was also that the equol doesn't affect production of dht because it doesn't bind to alpha reductase (the molecule that breaks down testosterone into dht).

So it is comparable to swatting individual wasps instead of taking flame and kerosene to a whole nest. It's "better for the environment" (our body).

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
S equol is an ingridient that binds to Dht, but the liposomal delivery behind this product is what makes it not go systematic. It only affects the Dht on your scalp.

That's not how I understand it.

The liposomal delivery is what allows the s-equol to enter the skin. Without it, it could conceivably just stay on top of the skin, and have no impact. Now it's reaching the hair follicles or part of it, and thus helping by blocking DHT and preventing it from binding to DHT.

We don't know, at this time, if the s-equol will reach either of the blood or the cerebrospinal fluid, or if that even matters. We also don't know if these guys have done a remotely good job of figuring out the right dose. @IdealForehead and @That Guy might know as they have superior knowledge of some of these issues.

The reason that s-equol should not have the same systemic side effects as finasteride is that it's not the same molecule. finasteride blocks five-alpha reductase everywhere in the body, which prevents the formation of DHT and many other molecules, thereby increasing levels of testosterone, estrogen, etc. S-equol doesn't do that -- it binds to DHT. As far as we know, it doesn't affect the several dozen other hormones that finasteride affects.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's not how I understand it.

The liposomal delivery is what allows the s-equol to enter the skin. Without it, it could conceivably just stay on top of the skin, and have no impact. Now it's reaching the hair follicles or part of it, and thus helping by blocking DHT and preventing it from binding to DHT.

We don't know, at this time, if the s-equol will reach either of the blood or the cerebrospinal fluid, or if that even matters. We also don't know if these guys have done a remotely good job of figuring out the right dose. @IdealForehead and @That Guy might know as they have superior knowledge of some of these issues.

The reason that s-equol should not have the same systemic side effects as finasteride is that it's not the same molecule. finasteride blocks five-alpha reductase everywhere in the body, which prevents the formation of DHT and many other molecules, thereby increasing levels of testosterone, estrogen, etc. S-equol doesn't do that -- it binds to DHT. As far as we know, it doesn't affect the several dozen other hormones that finasteride affects.

I hope you all understand that binding DHT and preventing it from activating the receptors is just as bad as preventing 5-AR from making it in the first place.

We really need to hope that S Equol does not go systemic in very large amounts and that it can somehow stay localized to the scalp, otherwise you will be seeing a lot of the same side effects as on finasteride.

Bitless

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's clear many of you have never worked in a science field or research space. You don't just throw this kind of info out there with little or no reward. The release of something as important as pictures would either come in a publication or presentation so it has context and explanation (and, from a CV perspective, you get another notch on your belt). Plus, the buildup for the researchers or company is better. If Fidia does indeed release this soon (which I still doubt it will), they will release pictures if they want to be taken seriously. If not then they're no different than any other snakeoil.

Non-medical products can get away with reckless releases a little more since it doesn't affect people's heath. The fact that Naughton/Histogen is so open with info, while showing so little progress, is a good example of the kind of company that needs unwarranted hype to stay in the news. Any company with worthwhile results will have those results speak for themselves. But the release needs to make sense.
this is pretty much i been trying to say to people who keep saying why there are no before and after pic

itsAlright

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I hope you all understand that binding DHT and preventing it from activating the receptors is just as bad as preventing 5-AR from making it in the first place.

We really need to hope that S Equol does not go systemic in very large amounts and that it can somehow stay localized to the scalp, otherwise you will be seeing a lot of the same side effects as on finasteride.

How is it just as bad? Isn't the reason the dose-response graph for finasteride is so steep because the 5-ar being reduced drastically reduces dht production?

I would expect the graph for S-equol to be more linear (if this even goes systemic) .. since the molecules of equol would pair off with dht.

In addition you won't get that spike in estrogen you get with finasteride, since the testosterone is being converted to dht instead of estrogen (which occurs without 5-ar).

Last edited: