Italian Hair Loss Lotion To Hit The Market In 2016

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I hope you all understand that binding DHT and preventing it from activating the receptors is just as bad as preventing 5-AR from making it in the first place.

We really need to hope that S Equol does not go systemic in very large amounts and that it can somehow stay localized to the scalp, otherwise you will be seeing a lot of the same side effects as on finasteride.

I don't agree, I think that the evidence is strong that many finasteride side effects are due to its effects on the neurosteroids.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't agree, I think that the evidence is strong that many finasteride side effects are due to its effects on the neurosteroids.

I just don't want people getting lulled into a false sense of security that ALL the side effects of Finasteride are merely due to 'neurosteroids'. Even without that, blocking DHT systemically WILL be a problem, and you do not want that. You don't need to look very far to see what androgen deprivation does to a man. Simply look at the side effect profile of ANY androgen receptor antagonist, i.e. bicalutamide:

"In men, due to androgen deprivation, a variety of side effects of varying severity may occur during bicalutamide treatment, with breast pain/tenderness and gynecomastia (breast development/enlargement) being the most common.[84][85] Gynecomastia occurs in up to 80% of men treated with bicalutamide monotherapy, though is of only mild-to-moderate severity in more than 90% of affected men.[85][86] In addition to breast changes, physical feminization and demasculinization in general, including reduced body hair growth, decreased muscle mass and strength, feminine changes in fat mass and distribution, reduced penile length, and decreased semen/ejaculate volume, may occur in men.[84][87][18][88] Other side effects that have been observed in men and that are similarly related to androgen deprivation include hot flashes, sexual dysfunction (e.g., loss of libido, erectile dysfunction), depression, fatigue, weakness, and anemia."

Now, to be fair, androgen receptor antagonists block ALL androgens, whereas S-Equol would merely bind up DHT, and is likely nowhere near as strong as pharmaceutical AR blockers.

Still, DHT is a very important hormone and this is why we need to hope that not a lot of this drug goes systemic - it's really high time that we stop putting our sexual functioning and being male in general as an acceptable compromise for hair growth.

FutureSaitama

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Description "Would you still date them?"
29571074_1401782189967579_4449955878346201885_n.jpg

Hope some ppl get cancer

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn. Asian people without facial hair are truly fucked by baldness. It would look even worse if he shaved it.

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
Btw guys I had a manager recently who was like 55 with a shaved head.
He had a 37 year old girlfriend who brought him a sandwich to work. Later at the end of the night he hooked up with a 26 year old girl who waited til the end of his shift to leave with him.
This dude was getting girls left and right as a bald, pale diabetic. He wasn't fat, but damn...
Guys, don't count yourself out cause you're bald

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Been following this thread for a cpl wks now, pretty convinced that brotion will be at the very minimum - a better alternative to big 3. The question I'm trying to gain more insight into prior to the 14th is when it will be commercially available. I've seen two credible guesses:

1.) Apparently Brotzu himself said it would be available "this summer or before" (does anyone have a link to this quote?)
or
2.) I've seen several posts claiming someone with connections to Fidia has inside info that the lotion will be available this October

I would think a direct quote quote from Prof. Brotzu would be more credible than someone just claiming to have inside info from Fidia on the Italian forums, but I don't know. If anyone has any further details, would be great to share. Fingers crossed this new treatment comes out this summer or before. May/June timeframe would be amazing.

Wash, rinse, repeat

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
Been following this thread for a cpl wks now, pretty convinced that brotion will be at the very minimum - a better alternative to big 3. The question I'm trying to gain more insight into prior to the 14th is when it will be commercially available. I've seen two credible guesses:

1.) Apparently Brotzu himself said it would be available "this summer or before" (does anyone have a link to this quote?)
or
2.) I've seen several posts claiming someone with connections to Fidia has inside info that the lotion will be available this October

I would think a direct quote quote from Prof. Brotzu would be more credible than someone just claiming to have inside info from Fidia on the Italian forums, but I don't know. If anyone has any further details, would be great to share. Fingers crossed this new treatment comes out this summer or before. May/June timeframe would be amazing.
Yes, I hope for an earlier time frame, considering Brotzu Sr and Jr said by summer.
We just have to wait and see

Iah11

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just don't want people getting lulled into a false sense of security that ALL the side effects of Finasteride are merely due to 'neurosteroids'. Even without that, blocking DHT systemically WILL be a problem, and you do not want that. You don't need to look very far to see what androgen deprivation does to a man. Simply look at the side effect profile of ANY androgen receptor antagonist, i.e. bicalutamide:

"In men, due to androgen deprivation, a variety of side effects of varying severity may occur during bicalutamide treatment, with breast pain/tenderness and gynecomastia (breast development/enlargement) being the most common.[84][85] Gynecomastia occurs in up to 80% of men treated with bicalutamide monotherapy, though is of only mild-to-moderate severity in more than 90% of affected men.[85][86] In addition to breast changes, physical feminization and demasculinization in general, including reduced body hair growth, decreased muscle mass and strength, feminine changes in fat mass and distribution, reduced penile length, and decreased semen/ejaculate volume, may occur in men.[84][87][18][88] Other side effects that have been observed in men and that are similarly related to androgen deprivation include hot flashes, sexual dysfunction (e.g., loss of libido, erectile dysfunction), depression, fatigue, weakness, and anemia."

Now, to be fair, androgen receptor antagonists block ALL androgens, whereas S-Equol would merely bind up DHT, and is likely nowhere near as strong as pharmaceutical AR blockers.

Still, DHT is a very important hormone and this is why we need to hope that not a lot of this drug goes systemic - it's really high time that we stop putting our sexual functioning and being male in general as an acceptable compromise for hair growth.

to your credit, you did add the bit on the end to mitigate your argument but still i think you're being misleading with this. Like you said, Bicalutamide blocks testosterone. Finasteride reduces DHT. DHT is a potent androgen during embryonic development, but is nowhere near as important or strong as testosterone in the adult male. The evidence for this is in the millions of people who use finasteride and dutasteride WITHOUT side effects, rather than the minority that do. (From 5% to 15%)

I know this argument has been done to death so there's no real point but there's people out there now who won't give finasteride a chance and complain about their hair loss, cos they've been brainwashed by biased anti-finasteride posts. DHT is not as important in the adult male as is made out to be in these forums.

Japnicks India

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Btw guys I had a manager recently who was like 55 with a shaved head.
He had a 37 year old girlfriend who brought him a sandwich to work. Later at the end of the night he hooked up with a 26 year old girl who waited til the end of his shift to leave with him.
This dude was getting girls left and right as a bald, pale diabetic. He wasn't fat, but damn...
Guys, don't count yourself out cause you're bald

Do you know the term “sugar daddy”.
If not then enlighten yourself. Plus he is 54 not 24, we expect people to be bald over 45 atleast.

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
to your credit, you did add the bit on the end to mitigate your argument but still i think you're being misleading with this. Like you said, Bicalutamide blocks testosterone. Finasteride reduces DHT. DHT is a potent androgen during embryonic development, but is nowhere near as important or strong as testosterone in the adult male. The evidence for this is in the millions of people who use finasteride and dutasteride WITHOUT side effects, rather than the minority that do. (From 5% to 15%)

I know this argument has been done to death so there's no real point but there's people out there now who won't give finasteride a chance and complain about their hair loss, cos they've been brainwashed by biased anti-finasteride posts. DHT is not as important in the adult male as is made out to be in these forums.
It only effects erections, mental health, skeletal muscle, stopping estrogen

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you know the term “sugar daddy”.
If not then enlighten yourself. Plus he is 54 not 24, we expect people to be bald over 45 atleast.
You have a point with the age. But no, I know he made like $14 an hour and was actually homeless like a year ago from his last divorce.
But if anything being 55 would make it harder than being 25

Iah11

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It only effects erections, mental health, skeletal muscle, stopping estrogen

In a certain proportion of men, 5% in large scale clinical trials. I don't think that warrants the reputation of being a devil drug.

Iah11

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's what I don't understand about the fervent anti-finasteride posts. There's never any nuance. It's always the worst most toxic drug ever, never just a drug that causes side effects in 1 in 20 people, with roughly 0.0001% of people reporting those side effects to be persistent.