Italian Hair Loss Lotion To Hit The Market In 2016

Janko

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I looked through all the patent documentation. (thank you again @Switzer for sharing the new).
There might be even some explanation for the delays.

1) Document from 07.02.2017 has this inside: The present application does not meet the criteria of patentability, because the subject-matter of claims 1-11 does not involve an inventive step.

Example from the explanation: In the present application, however, no evidence is provided for the achievement of said improved stability. Indeed only statements are given for the achievement of the desired of hair loss reduction. In this context, the problem to be solved by the invention must be reformulated etc. etc.

2) 29.03.2017 - Last publication in patent ( so probably last change in the compound)

MrJolly16

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Can anyone help us and translate these posts please? Thanks!

Non è stata apportata alcuna modifica, né si tratta di un controllo formale (già espletato dalla sezione deposito). Si è aperta l'ultima e cruciale fase del procedimento di brevettazione ad opera della divisione d'esame dell'ufficio brevetti che consiste in un esame di merito diretto ad accertare la sussistenza dei requisiti di sostanza (novità, industrialità ed attività inventiva) dell'invenzione affinché si possa pervenire alla concessione del relativo brevetto. La normativa di settore, chiaramente, non prevede un termine per l'adozione della decisione di merito atteso che i tempi necessari per l'esame variano in ragione della maggiore o minore complessità dei trovati che ne formano oggetto. Qualora nelle more dell'esame la divisione dell'ufficio non rilevasse il difetto di alcuno dei requisiti di brevettabilità (come ci si auspica) chiuderà il procedimento con la decisione a seguito della quale l'EPOrg concederà il brevetto, altrimenti inviterà - e potrà farlo <<ogni qual volta sia necessario>> - il richiedente (nel caso, Fidia tramite i mandatari incaricati) a presentare osservazioni, spiegazioni o addirittura modifiche alla domanda di brevetto. In caso di esito negativo, la domanda di brevetto è rigettata (avverso il rigetto è ammesso ricorso dinanzi alle apposite commissioni). Immaginatelo come un dialogo che si instaura tra l'ufficio e il richiedente e che si conclude o in mancanza di rilievi o con l'accoglimento delle osservazioni addotte in riferimento a quelli fatti. In caso di esito positivo l'EPOrg concederà il brevetto e rilascerà il relativo certificato.

P.s) considerazioni personalissime:
- pur non contemplando, la normativa, un termine per l'adozione della decisione, ritengo ragionevole pensare che questa interverrà entro 4 - 5 mesi stante che comunque nel complesso una procedura per il conseguimento del brevetto europeo non dura più di quattro anni;

- non condivido (ma rispetto) la decisione di Fidia di non commercializzare il prodotto (anche solo in Italia o pochi altri paesi ed in quantità contingentate) dacché per legge godrebbe comunque di una - seppur limitata - tutela nelle more della concessione del brevetto europeo;

- ritengo assolutamente riprovevole la totale reticenza di Fidia nei confronti dei consumatori, tenuto conto delle pesanti ricadute psicologiche che l'alopecia ha sui soggetti che ne sono affetti.

- non ho mai creduto e continuo a non credere, per diverse ragioni, che Fidia sia stata impegnata nella risoluzione di problemi di stabilità o che comunque un'azienda farmaceutica vi abbia impiegato più di due anni.

Saluti.

ma che senso ha aspettare la concessione del brevetto per commercializzare?
1°: una volta depositata la domanda si può già iniziare la commercializzazione/produzione in attesa che il brevetto sia convalidato
2°: se non dovesse essere convalidato il brevetto Fidia cosa fa? non produce più la lozione? Tanto se hanno fatto una richiesta di brevetto con quelle caratteristiche evidentemente non si può fare meglio di così, quindi si torna al punto 1.

Secondo me è ancora tutto come il loro comunicato, ovvero stanno continuando le sperimentazioni e intanto però si muovono col brevetto per tutelarsi il più possibile (metti che funziona sbancano di brutto)

http://www.ieson.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=66178&whichpage=248

Bushi

Reaction score
What i get from it is a bit confusing. It says the last and crucial phase is opened by the exam commission(?) from the patent bureau for a research for the material which is directed for research for the substance requirements, to get a patent.

So..... they are just waiting for a patent to be approved?

Last edited:

Bklyn_23

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thread title needs to be changed to "Italian Hair Loss Lotion to Hit the Market in (late) 2018...Hopefully."

ember86

My Regimen
Reaction score
Felt the need to finally join, long time reader, as there is a decent amount of false hope and misinformation about the relevancy of the patent filings.

I'm a patent attorney, and I can tell you that the status of the patent won't give too much information about the product launch. Getting a patent granted can be a lengthy process (I've seen patents pending for a decade or more). Also, at this point, they aren't adding new information to the patent. A patent application is filed with all the description in it, at this point they are working with the patent office to argue over rejections (e.g., how the claims are worded, against prior publications and patents that disclose the same or similar things such that that the patent office does not think their invention is novel or inventive, etc.)

Hope this helps, I can answer more questions, but just thought I should share some perspective.

verne2k

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Felt the need to finally join, long time reader, as there is a decent amount of false hope and misinformation about the relevancy of the patent filings.

I'm a patent attorney, and I can tell you that the status of the patent won't give too much information about the product launch. Getting a patent granted can be a lengthy process (I've seen patents pending for a decade or more). Also, at this point, they aren't adding new information to the patent. A patent application is filed with all the description in it, at this point they are working with the patent office to argue over rejections (e.g., how the claims are worded, against prior publications and patents that disclose the same or similar things such that that the patent office does not think their invention is novel or inventive, etc.)

Hope this helps, I can answer more questions, but just thought I should share some perspective.

so basically you're saying that the patent application is irrelevant to the launch date meaning it could be launched tomorrow or in 10 years?

SamFT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
[QUOTE = "Jonnyyy, post: 1564668, member: 132497"] What is that and how good is it in relation to maintaining / regrowing hair?
Go check out the setipiprant log. Fevipiprant is stronger than seti so it should work better. We know it seems to be good maintenance and regrowth on Weston

SamFT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I really hope it's over soon man I'm 19 and I'm NW2 with on temple thinning pretty bad I can't deal with this sh*t in college