Italian Hair Loss Lotion To Hit The Market In 2016

kuba197

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
lol people are ready to trample each other to death to get their hands on this sh*t

.....seems like the information we have on it is still rather limited
No, information is not limited. We just dont have any photos XD

Aliens

Established Member
Reaction score
I read that this will work best for people under 30. FML.

Well not sure about that. On the pdf posted 4 or 5 pages ago there is a table with the results on some subjects. They mention the age "eta" and they are around 60.

CORNERS

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've found an English translation of Dr.Brotzu's interview here:

bellicapelliforum.com/en/interview/exclusive-interview-with-dr-brotzu-for-bellicapelli/

I hope this helps !

Follisket

Established Member
Reaction score
Don't worry, it's not like the lotion would magically lose 60% of its effectiveness for everyone a day over 30.
Actually, I doubt it's even about one's age so much as about how recent the hair loss is - I guess it's just easier to quantify it with age than it is with the extent of damage.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've found an English translation of Dr.Brotzu's interview here:

bellicapelliforum.com/en/interview/exclusive-interview-with-dr-brotzu-for-bellicapelli/

I hope this helps !

Thanks! Some highlights from that -

1) About 4 years ago we developed a lotion containing cationic liposomes that transported PGE1, S-equol and carnitine and we started testing it on people with androgenetic alopecia and on a later stage on a girl with alopecia areata. The results were great and unexpected.

PGE1 improved microcirculation, s-equol stopped 5-α-reductase thus preventing testosterone to turn into dihydrotestosterone and carnitine entered the beta oxidation of lipid chains improving their metabolism.

2) The lotion is very effective in the initial stages of alopecia, for people who are younger than 30 years old. The results are great and hair loss is completely stopped. Hair growth is witnessed and also miniaturized hair or even vellus gain their normal appearance again.

Of course the treatment gives clear results after circa 30 days and it has to be carried out for many months.

Question 4. According to our experience, once the patient obtains positive results, I advice they repeat the treatment at least three times a year, or they follow a maintenance therapy twice a week.

Question 5. The patients who responded better are the youngest ones and the ones in which androgenetic alopecia was in the initial stage (less than two years).

There was no difference between men and women.

Question 6. The individuals who are younger than 15 responded better, but also individuals who are up to 25 years old responded in a very good way. It was less effective on patients who are older than 40. Among young patients there was no difference between men and women.

3) At first photographic documentation was done randomly and we didn’t ask everybody to give us permission to show their photos. The only available photos are the ones displayed in the periodical “Il Dermatologo”. I then started focusing on alopecia areata and stopped dealing with androgenetic alopecia. Others stood in for this. The only people I treat now are friends of mine and I should ask them for permission to publish their photos.

Question 9 and 10. Above I explained how this lotion works. The small cationic liposomes firmly adhere to the scalp. The DLGA affects the endothelial cells making them more elastic and stimulating their reproduction improving their functionality. Moreover it stimulates the production of keratin. Equol prevents testosterone from turning to dihydrotestosterone by reducing its biochemical action. Carnitine improves the metabolism of the lipid chain easing their beta oxidation and fostering the tissue metabolism. As a consequence the adherence of cationic liposomes, the actions of DGLA on the endothelial cells and the stimulation in the production of keratin, the action of equol on testosterone and the action of carnitine on metabolism stimulate the existing hair follicles thus improving their functionality.

4)

The product is expected to be put on the market at the end of the trials.

Question 16. As far as I am concerned, there are no reasons that could prevent the commercialization of the product.

Question 17. To date we don’t think there could be any improvement, however everything changes.

Question 18 and 19. Considering our experiences, we don’t believe that we need to produce different products for patients with Androgenetic Alopecia and with AA.

5)
Question 20. When we gave the lotion to a patient who had underwent a hair transplant, we noticed an increase both in the amount of hair and in the speed of growth. However it will be possible to carry out trials to prove this. Right now I don’t have enough information to give you an answer.

6)

I gave a brief answer to all of Your questions but in order to provide you with all scientific data about the causes of Alopecia and the importance of a therapy I should write a whole university textbook chapter, indicating all the data and the bibliography of the various topics. However, since I am a retired university teacher specialized in vascular surgery I am not planning on writing any chapter about trichology.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im 39 and still have quite a lot of hair, not over 40. If I could even get two years of regrowth, i would be over the moon. 5 years would be incredible....

Serverr

Reaction score
So hyped right now.. Can't wait for this to be on the market. I was thinking about starting Minoxidil (I'm 25) but I think I'll just wait for this instead, currently on no treatments (never have been either) but the hair I have left is thick even though my temples have receded a fair amount. Not that rapidly though. Still have vellus hairs all over my receded areas, save those f**kers BROtzu please! <3

(And yes I know that this lotion might be total bullshit but still sounds good on paper :)

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
So hyped right now.. Can't wait for this to be on the market. I was thinking about starting Minoxidil (I'm 25) but I think I'll just wait for this instead, currently on no treatments (never have been either) but the hair I have left is thick even though my temples have receded a fair amount. Not that rapidly though. Still have vellus hairs all over my receded areas, save those f**kers BROtzu please! <3

(And yes I know that this lotion might be total bullshit but still sounds good on paper :)

Advice - don't wait. I went from having a full head of hair at 23 to being a NW2 with a lot of diffuse thinning seemingly overnight. My hair is noticeably way thinner than it was just six months ago.

By the time this comes out, assuming it even does, you never know where you might be. Hope is good, but don't let it stop you from taking action that could save your hair now.

yellowbluegrey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Advice - don't wait. I went from having a full head of hair at 23 to being a NW2 with a lot of diffuse thinning seemingly overnight. My hair is noticeably way thinner than it was just six months ago.

By the time this comes out, assuming it even does, you never know where you might be. Hope is good, but don't let it stop you from taking action that could save your hair now.

Solid advice, you guys should at least think about this. If the lotion works that well, you can just drop the other treatments later on.

begbie

My Regimen
Reaction score
From Brotzus answers, if the quote below is accurate and based on my following, the s-equol would act the much the same as as finasteride by inhibiting the conversion of Testosterone to DHT.

...Efficacy aside, thats exactly what people who've been having finasteride sides (myself included) and looking for something new would not want.

Can anyone chime in who has a better understanding here?

PGE1 improved microcirculation, s-equol stopped 5-α-reductase thus preventing testosterone to turn into dihydrotestosterone and carnitine entered the beta oxidation of lipid chains improving their metabolism.

casparrro

Reaction score
Thanks for the translation. It feels like a magical cure. Looking forward to try it out.

Can't wait.

Will it be my first letdown as a balding man (year and a half)? Hope not :D

JLC

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm still keen to try the lotion, but after that last interview has taken the edge of my hopes a bit.
Firstly because I've just turned 39 and most likely be at least 40 by the time this hits the market.
Secondly he's leaning more towards saying it's most effective for two years of hair loss, what got me excited originally was specifically giving back at least 5 years of hair, that was almost a cure for me, going back 2 years won't be good for me, and I'll be out the age range for full effectiveness.

jc3303

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm still keen to try the lotion, but after that last interview has taken the edge of my hopes a bit.
Firstly because I've just turned 39 and most likely be at least 40 by the time this hits the market.
Secondly he's leaning more towards saying it's most effective for two years of hair loss, what got me excited originally was specifically giving back at least 5 years of hair, that was almost a cure for me, going back 2 years won't be good for me, and I'll be out the age range for full effectiveness.

I've never heard him state it can only bring you back 2 years, he's always said the lotion can bring you back 5 years with 2 years of use

papa pinrel

Reaction score
From Brotzus answers, if the quote below is accurate and based on my following, the s-equol would act the much the same as as finasteride by inhibiting the conversion of Testosterone to DHT.

...Efficacy aside, thats exactly what people who've been having finasteride sides (myself included) and looking for something new would not want.

Can anyone chime in who has a better understanding here?

+1

jc3303

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The hype on this is unreal! People coming out of the woodwork just to comment on this thread (it's the reason I joined too). I hope fidia takes notice and gives us something very soon!

My hopes are so high and I shouldn't get this excited for something that is not proven to work but I just can't help it.