Italian Hair Loss Lotion To Hit The Market In 2016 | Page 67 | HairLossTalk Forums
Dismiss Notice
Forum Update: Aug 19. Feedback for the Admin? Upgrade coming: Click Here.

Italian Hair Loss Lotion To Hit The Market In 2016

Discussion in 'New Research, Studies, and Technologies' started by paleocapa89, Feb 5, 2016.

1. jc3303

jc3303 Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    The hype on this is unreal! People coming out of the woodwork just to comment on this thread (it's the reason I joined too). I hope fidia takes notice and gives us something very soon!

My hopes are so high and I shouldn't get this excited for something that is not proven to work but I just can't help it.

2. Drogedagh

Drogedagh Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    explanation from Folexen thread:
    some user's post:
    So finasteride inhibits 5ar, which is responsible for other functions besides DHT, s-equol only inhibits DHT.

hilbert, papa pinrel and tzt like this.
  3. Afro_Vacancy

Afro_Vacancy Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Moreover finasteride inhibits 5ar in the skin, in the blood, and in the cerebrospinal fluid.

This is a topical equol cream. We don't know to what extent it will go systemic.

4. That Guy

That Guy Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    You've misquoted JLC. He says in the interview that it is most effective in early alopecia - people who've only been balding for around 2 years.

5. Dench57

Dench57 Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    He's wrong. S-equol has no action on 5AR (like finasteride/dutasteride). It binds to DHT molecules themselves. Does not interfere with T->DHT.

Doesn't fill me with confidence that he's making such an amateur statement.
    Also the ridiculous "5 year regrowth" claim, yet there is no data/hair counts or photos from over 4 years of trials and testing? ok m8

6. papa pinrel

papa pinrel Member

Dislikes Received:
    Nice that explain why no sides!

7. Afro_Vacancy

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    The 5-year growth idea is clearly anecdotal, and I'm disappointed in people taking it to seriously.

kuba197, jc3303 and Blackber like this.
  8. begbie

begbie New Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I hope that's all correct. Was on finasteride for 13 years with excellent results. Quit a year ago, and it was no bullshit night and day how much better I felt while off (libido, spontaneous/nocturnal erections, overall vitality returned dramatically etc).

3 weeks ago reluctantly restarted finasteride when my quitting finally caught up and my hair started to recede extremely rapidly. I'm at a NW3 now, and was planning to stay on finasteride for just a couple more months this second time around to keep what hair I have left until something could replace it...like the lotion.

This lotion is kind of my last hope (no pressure!). Otherwise I'm going to have to quit finasteride and just accept baldness and maybe hope for that Japanese cell transplant in 2020. Cannot tolerate the sides on finasteride much longer than a couple more months.

Really hoping we all will learn from the GB in coming weeks that not only does the lotion work (sounds pretty hopeful) AND that there are no (or minimal) sides.

9. Dench57

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Brotzu: "Consider also that our knowledge of this product allows us to say that you can recover at least 5 years of hair loss"

Pretty bold statement from the man himself if you ask me. The whole premise of people believing in this product in the absence of any actual data is because this guy is supposedly a respected and well-known doctor - so why shouldn't people take his claims seriously?

I hope that his statements on s-equol and 5AR are just lost in translation or something because such a basic misunderstanding of a key mechanism in his ingredient is worrying.

10. begbie

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Agreed. Could be very well likely it was either lost in translation or that his response was less than scientifically precise because he intended the answer more on lay mans terms than for the well informed lot on this forum

11. Afro_Vacancy

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I like to believe that I have a good filter to gauge when people are speaking rationally and when they are not.

I don't believe that claim in and of itself, though it may be that it generally holds true in the sample of a few dozen men that Brotzu has tested it on.

The claim doesn't make sense, because we know that people have different aggression levels in their Androgenetic Alopecia. For some its slow and for some its fast. For those with really aggressive Androgenetic Alopecia, if they're NW6 at age 22, it's likely that all of their hairs are very dead. We also know that the response rates to finasteride for example are variable.

12. jc3303

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    It's more than just the fact he's a respected doctor but that does factor in for sure. I mean why would fidia purchase the patent from him if it didn't work? if they wanted to sell snake oil they'd just make something themselves and save money. There's also that AA suffer who was part of Brotzu's trial that came forward who is stating it works and she has no reason to lie. It also has real active ingredients that could promote hair growth and inhibit DHT.

I will admit there is nothing concrete here in terms of evidence, but it does sound promising

13. Dench57

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Hence why I chose "ridiculous". Because that's what it is.

tzt dislikes this.
  14. begbie

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    He could just be saying '5 years' as a generality and because 95% of male pattern baldness sufferers are not as into the minutiae as we all are. Most likely he's using that timeframe as a rough guide that you'll be able to Recoup lost hair that still has active follicles.

kuba197 likes this.
  15. jc3303

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    You see people recover a few years of hair loss with min and occasionally good responders get 3+ years. So why can't this be superior to min?

Rivertown is reviving follicles that have been "dead" for decades with a topical! That sounds more unbelievable and they must have achieved it to win that best in show award.

16. Afro_Vacancy

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    It can, but the response will be variable, something not captured in the quote "five years of hairloss".

17. Blackber

Blackber Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Who here is part of the Italian group buy?

18. worm

worm Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Your story sounds like mine almost verbatim. I never went back on. I discovered zix. You buy the vitamins from amazon and mix it yourself, it costs $15 for the year. It saved my hair. Look up worm and zix on google I'm sure you'll find my story. Don't mean to hijack this forum. Sorry.

19. Aliens

Aliens Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    How much do you guys think the lotion will be?

20. That Guy

That Guy Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    You do realize this forum has a multi-quote function, right? Because reading 2-3 posts in a row from you quoting a different person each time is givin' me eyeball-aids.

Blackber and Mattias like this.