Italian Hair Loss Lotion To Hit The Market In 2016

yellowbluegrey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is very strange for you guys. I've scanned through the topic and saw no before-after photos, nothing in the Internet. Are there any?
How can we be sure that is not another snake oil? :(

Btw, I am excited :D

No photos yet, we're not sure of anything. There's an announcement coming in the next couple months, until then everything is speculative, although there's reason to be excited

Follisket

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm hearing fewer and fewer mentions of Androgenetic Alopecia specifically. Really, isn't it just us convincing ourselves of what we want to be true against all signs to the contrary? How is no one else worried by this sudden turn in rhetoric?

It just feels like so many companies throw in a few mentions of Androgenetic Alopecia in the beginning to kick up publicity and generate interest then slowly switch to some condescending BS rationalization along the lines of their product being intended for other forms of hairloss – you know, "real diseases".

yellowbluegrey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm hearing fewer and fewer mentions of Androgenetic Alopecia specifically. Really, isn't it just us convincing ourselves of what we want to be true against all signs to the contrary? How is no one else worried by this sudden turn in rhetoric?

It just feels like so many companies throw in a few mentions of Androgenetic Alopecia in the beginning to kick up publicity and generate interest then slowly switch to some condescending BS rationalization along the lines of their product being intended for other forms of hairloss – you know, "real diseases".
As someone said before, the quotes being discussed recently were taken from a context where AA was being discussed, so there was no real need to bring up Androgenetic Alopecia. We can't really take much from Facebook posts, I'm sure the patient and the Doctor didn't expect their comments to be picked up and discussed like this haha, it's not like they were official statements

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score

I take it as them wanting to be politically correct.

It might harm their image to make products for Androgenetic Alopecia, so they're focusing on AA.

kuba197

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We've got 3 photos.
One child, AA patient (incredible regrowth)
Two women, Androgenetic Alopecia patients (but so shitty photos...)

tdag

Reaction score
This is very strange for you guys. I've scanned through the topic and saw no before-after photos, nothing in the Internet. Are there any?
How can we be sure that is not another snake oil? :(

Btw, I am excited :D

You cant be sure its not another snake oil. I wouldnt be surprised if the phrase "Brotzu's lotion" is a running punchline around these parts in a few years. Of course Id love to be proven wrong.

Torin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone know how effective minoxidil is for AA? One thing that seems sure is that this lotion works well for AA (the case of the child and possibly the woman on fb judging by her reaction).

What I want to know is, could minoxidil use have grown back their hair or not? Knowing this could be a way of gauging this lotion's general effectiveness vs minoxidil.

Last edited:

yellowbluegrey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone know how effective minoxidil is for AA? One thing that seems sure is that this lotion works well for AA (the case of the child and possibly the woman on fb judging by her reaction).

What I want to know is, could minoxidil use have grown back their hair or not? Knowing this could be a way of gauging this lotion's general effectiveness vs minoxidil.

Interesting point, I'd guess that in the case of the female patient, she's already tried minoxidil (much like many of us here). I mean she said something like it's the most hair she's had in five years, I can't imagine she'd go five years without at least trying min

Torin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting point, I'd guess that in the case of the female patient, she's already tried minoxidil (much like many of us here). I mean she said something like it's the most hair she's had in five years, I can't imagine she'd go five years without at least trying min

That's what I thought too... she probably tried female minoxidil in the past and it didn't work.

She posted some rather combative comments on her fb, it seems she is annoyed by the intrusion on her privacy. Yet I hope if it works for her she will post pics of herself showing the hair growth.

jc3303

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The waiting to hear concrete evidence on Brotzu's lotion is killing me!

We have a lot of anecdotal evidence, hearsay and a few crappy pictures but nothing solid! The science behind it does sound solid and Brotzu is a well respected researcher but I need more to put my mind at ease. News from fidia can't come soon enough.

Mr White

Established Member
Reaction score
If this works like it's supposed to, I'm gonna celebrate with a trip to Italy

Absolutely! I would be willing to go to Italy just to buy a large quantity of this - and help the local economy. And if Fidia drops it, let's hope other companies in the country will seize this chance.

Mr White

Established Member
Reaction score
The waiting to hear concrete evidence on Brotzu's lotion is killing me!

We have a lot of anecdotal evidence, hearsay and a few crappy pictures but nothing solid! The science behind it does sound solid and Brotzu is a well respected researcher but I need more to put my mind at ease. News from fidia can't come soon enough.

The best thing we can do right now is to keep sharing information. And when the lotion hits the market, don't forget to spread the word and make this a great success for Fidia. There are many drugs that were discontinued because of poor sales and we don't want that to happen here.

tylerduren

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just watched the slides. Pic of the young kid you grew hair back is amazing..

Altho the doctors have pretty bad receedimg hairlines which doesnt give me hope for Andro Alopecia

jc3303

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
st watched the slides. Pic of the young kid you grew hair back is amazing..

Altho the doctors have pretty bad receedimg hairlines which doesnt give me hope for Andro Alopec

It doesn't revive dead follicles so if their hair lines have been that way for many years it can't help them.

jc3303

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know much about AA but it is a completely different mechanism than Androgenetic Alopecia and I don't think their follicles "die". But I could be wrong

Youngerman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Basically Androgenetic Alopecia and aa are completely different regarding hair follicles but let's stay away from that long science convo. Just keep searching on new info about the lotion and post it on here. There seems to be good news coming out every other day about this stuff and it really helps me feel better when I come on here and see it. Keep it up guys