Italian Hair Loss Lotion To Hit The Market In 2016

Marco445

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
From the patent:

"Experimental study

Patients of female and male gender characterized by massive hair reduction due to various causes, and also a small number of patients of female gender of postmenopausal age, reporting hair thinning, hair reduction and loss of hair strength were selected. The clinical efficacy of preparation 4 that on previous tests displayed the best characteristics of homogeneity and stability was evaluated .

Treatments :

Lotion A, prepared according to the present example 4 ; Lotion B, comparison, prepared as described in WO 2011/095938 (example 1) and then containing PGE1 and S- equol in 1:1 ratio

Lotion C, containing 7 mg of PGE1 enclosed in liposomes as the only active substance, prepared according to method A;

Lotion D, containing 1,25 mg of DGLA enclosed in liposomes as the only active substance, prepared according to method A.

Groups of patients:

Group 1: 10 (6 male, 4 female) patients treated for 120 days with 1 ml/day of Lotion A to be applied on a well defined area of the scalp;"

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
upload_2018-4-2_0-34-8.png

*ejaculates*

What is the date of this I could not locate it?

Last edited:

Alternative

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Fake news. Read the very first page.

This is the important part, I think Group 1 used the stuff that the product is based on, let's hope it has became even better since. I know, small sample, no pictures...

Group 1: 10 (6 male, 4 female) patients treated for 120 days with 1 ml/day of Lotion A to be applied on a well defined area of the scalp;

On day 7 : both group 1 and group 2 experience a reduction of hair loss, defined "substantial" by patients of group 1 and "modest" by those of group 2. Group 3 feels hair as more robust. Groups 4 and 5 do not report any variation;
On day 20: in group 1 all the patients have stopped losing hair and report the presence of a substantial fuzz. In group 2 hair loss has stopped in 6 patients and fuzz, where present, is more modest (in terms of number/cm [SUP]2 [/SUP]) . Group 3 reports an aesthetic improvement related to hair brightness. Group 4 reports a minimal reduction in hair loss. Group 5 does not report any variation;
On day 45: in group 1, fuzz has grown markedly stronger and takes the colour and consistency of natural hair. In group 2, as expected, all the patients have stopped losing hair, but only some of them report a certain degree of regrowth, fuzz is very weak and not completely coloured yet. Group 3 reports disappearance of split ends. Group 4 reports arrested hair loss in all the subjects and, in some of them, presence of weak fuzz. Group 5 does not report any variation;
On day 90: in group 1 all the patients report total disappearance of hair reduction areas that have been replaced by robust and shiny hair. In group 2 hair reduction is still visible, even if areas are all covered with thick fuzz. Group 3 confirms a general hair improvement. Groups 4 and 5 do not record variations from the previous evaluation;
On day 120: group 1 confirms results already seen at day 90. Group 2 continues improvement, even if in some patients of male gender the fuzz has not got the characteristics of strength and colour typical of hair yet. Group 3 confirms results previously obtained. Groups 4 and 5 do not record variations from the previous evaluation .
AF5.jpg

Marco445

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am guessing the patients participating in the study are, just like us, having a hard time with hair loss.
I am way too depressed because of it, but no way I would be willing to participate in a study like this.

Fidia could have lied about the results, but the patients would most certainly let the world know if this was the case?
That what's I would have done, and these people are most likely even more angry about their situation than myself.

Expected reply:
"But the subjects have signed papers stating to keep everything to themselves".

Yes, but it wouldn't be the best marketing for Fidia if they sued patients for letting people know that they manipulated the results.

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
Has Dr. Brotzu got other patents on this same treatment./attempt before??
I just want to hear that this is IT, and not just another patent filed to protect a "not quite there yet" lotion.

17AndBalding

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
SUMMARY OF THE INVENTION

The present invention overcomes the limits of the state of the art through liposome formulations containing PGE1 precursors stable at room temperature, storable in a liquid, semi-solid or solid form, directly applicable without preventive preparation and absolutely free of any kind of side effect related to the use of an actual drug. Clinical trials that were carried out further demonstrated a surprisingly higher efficacy of the products described herein in comparison with what is known, so as to make their use possible at concentrations markedly lower than those of already known products.

Edit: Right, old study. My bad.

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am guessing the patients participating in the study are, just like us, having a hard time with hair loss.
I am way too depressed because of it, but no way I would be willing to participate in a study like this.

Fidia could have lied about the results, but the patients would most certainly let the world know if this was the case?
That what's I would have done, and these people are most likely even more angry about their situation than myself.

Expected reply:
"But the subjects have signed papers stating to keep everything to themselves".

Yes, but it wouldn't be the best marketing for Fidia if they sued patients for letting people know that they manipulated the results.
Why would Fidia lie at an esteemed conference? Y’all need a hobby

Alternative

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol, I remember someone dissing this lotion, saying sh*t like it will come out on April 1st.

Marco445

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I haven't been following this thread closely enough, but if the studies actually are real, why so much pessimism?
100% success rate at growing back hair.

My only concern is that the studies are fake.
It makes sense in a scenario (just an example) where the fine for manipulating results is 10 mill, but the profits by selling the lotion is 100 mill.
I have no idea what the consequences of lying about results in a patent are though.

Also, If it was a scam, no way they would go through a medical company.
Just doing some advertising on p**rn sites and sell it to dumb fucks would with no doubt make more money.