Italian Hair Loss Lotion To Hit The Market In 2016

Dangman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
People saying, that a lotion targeted at females is a marketing strategy? Lmfao

They could have created a lotion marketed at all target groups, but seperating them creates more validation. Genetic alopecia affecting both genders differently is not rocket science. What i wonder about though, is how much effectiveness the lotion may have lost (?) to bring it to the market as a cosmetic product.

Nonethless, the thing im most glad about is them showing results from proper trials, thats what matters the most. To be honest, if this ends up as a truly valid product, it will be another case in medicinal history were a solution to a problem is found by accident. It's crazy how true this is with so many products, hope everything work out well for us.

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
There was a photo a year or more ago that showed two generic bottles, both with Italian lables and one said men and the other said women.
So two formulas was to be expected

Alternative

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There was a photo a year or more ago that showed two generic bottles, both with Italian lables and one said men and the other said women.
So two formulas was to be expected
The question is which one is more effective.

Janko

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Timii

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
University of Naples → Napples → APPLES!
giphy.gif

The 7TH Sense

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
beps63 posted this 1 hour ago on BelliCapelli. This seems the abstract of the scientific research which will be presented/introduced at SITRI's next month. The participation of Brotzu (and probably FIDIA too) was confirmed by my dermatologist on the thread, who is the president of SITRI's association.

Abstract Napoli 14/4/18

Soluzione liposomiale contenente DGLA, Equolo e Carnitene per il trattamento dell'alopecia androgenetica.
G.Brotzu , G. Brotzu , F. Consolaro, C. Secchieri.
Bioricerca snc, Fidia Farmaceuticici SPA
Presenta Giovanni Brotzu
Nel 2012 KITAGAWA e coll. dimostravano che i liposomi cationici, con un diametro intorno ai 100 nm, penetravano facilmente attraverso il derma e miglioravano il rilascio di molecole lipofiliche. Basandoci su queste ricerche, si è studiato se era possibile impiegare i liposomi, per il rilascio di molecole,in grado di stimolare le cellule endoteliali che arrivano ai bulbi piliferi. In precedenza si era osservato che la PGE1 era in grado di stimolare le cellule endoteliali e aumentare la capillarizzazione tissutale.
E' noto che il di-homo-gamma-linoleic acid (DGLA), sia il precursore della PGE1. Infatti viene trasformato dalla cicloossigenasi in PGE1. È accertato che nelle varie forme di alopecia esista una diminuita capillarizzazione e pertanto, un deficit nella funzionalità dei capillari che riforniscono i bulbi piliferi sia di O2 che delle altre molecole.
Le altre molecole trasportate dai liposomi sono: L'Equolo ed il Carnitina.
L'Equolo è un flavonoide che inibisce l'enzima 5α-reduttasi impedendo al testosterone di trasformarsi in diidrotestosterone; il Carnitene favorisce la betaossidazione delle catene lipidiche circolanti e aumenta il metabolismo locale.
IL diidrotestosterone è uno dei responsabili principali dell'alopecia androgenetica.
Test eseguiti: L’efficacia di due lozioni liposomiali è stata testata su 30 soggetti maschili e 30 soggetti femminili. Si sono eseguiti i seguenti controlli: Efficacia anticaduta mediante fototricogramma e Wash test, Valutazione della Resistenza dei capelli mediante Pull test, Valutazione clinica della tollerabilità e Valutazione soggettiva dell’ efficacia e tollerabilità della lozione. I test sono stati eseguiti ad inizio trattamento (T0) e dopo 1 (T1), 3 (T3) e 6 (T6) mesi di trattamento.
I risultati hanno dimostrato che le lozioni applicate quotidianamente favoriscono la crescita di nuovi capelli e riducono la caduta di quelli esistenti. Inoltre i capelli diventano più resistenti e le lozioni sono ben tollerate dai soggetti.

Translation: (by me with the help of Google)

Abstract Naples 14/4/18

'Liposomal solution containing DGLA, Equol and Carnitine for the treatment of androgenetic alopecia.'

G.Brotzu, G. Brotzu, F. Consolaro, C. Secchieri.

Bioricerca snc, Fidia Farmaceuticici SPA,
Presents Giovanni Brotzu

In 2012 KITAGAWA e coll. showed that cationic liposomes, with a diameter of around 100 nm, could easily penetrate through the dermis and thereby improving the release of lipophilic molecules. Based on this research, it was studied if it was possible to use liposomes for the release of molecules able to stimulate endothelial cells of the hair bulbs. Previously it was observed that PGE1 was able to stimulate endothelial cells and to increase tissue capillarization.
It is known that di-homo-gamma-linoleic acid (DGLA) is the biochemical precursor of PGE1. In fact it is transformed by cyclooxygenase into PGE1. It has been ascertained that in the various forms of alopecia there is a diminished capillarization and therefore, a deficit in the functionality of the capillaries which supply the hair bulbs of both O2 and the other molecules.
The other molecules transported by liposomes are: the Equol and the Carnitine.
The Equol is a flavonoid that inhibits the 5α-reductase enzyme by preventing testosterone from turning into dihydrotestosterone; carnitine promotes the beta-oxidation of the circulating lipid chains and increases the local metabolism.
Dihydrotestosterone is one of the main culprits of Androgenetic Alopecia.

Tests performed: the efficacy of two liposomal lotions was tested on 30 male subjects and 30 female subjects. The following checks were performed: efficacy against hair loss by results of phototrichogram and wash test, evaluation of hair resistance by Pull Test, clinical evaluation of tolerability and subjective evaluation of the effectiveness and tolerability of the lotion. Tests were performed at the beginning of treatment (T0) and after 1 (T1), 3 (T3) and 6 (T6) months of treatment.
The results showed that a daily and constant application of the above mentioned lotion favors the growth of new hair and reduce the fall of existing hair. In addition, the hair becomes more resistant and the lotion is well tolerated by the subjects.

Sorry for eventual grammar errors. I would like to say that we know that Equol does NOT inhibit 5AR but binds to DHT itself, so please don't make boring comments stating that, also because in a month we could possibly know everything.

There are other things I wanted to say more, but right know that the congress is confirmed, I guess writing tons of lines here is kinda useless.

Stupidon

Established Member
Reaction score
« The results showed that a daily and constant application of the above mentioned lotion favors the growth of new hair and reduce the fall of existing hair.«

Will be a nice complement to finasteride.

Pelopeleon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
« The results showed that a daily and constant application of the above mentioned lotion favors the growth of new hair and reduce the fall of existing hair.«

Will be a nice complement to finasteride.

I think It depends of how much the shedding is reduced, and how much regrowth we obtain; so we can then label the treatment as a "complement" or a "pillar treatment".

Lets not forget that finasteride could be described the same way: pills to reduce the hair loss, and regrowth a bit.

The only thing that bothers me, is that they say that equol attaches to/blocks alfa reductase, instead of DHT. I think that difference is crucial, not only for the effectiveness, but also to avoid sides...

I also think that the three ingredients create a good sinergy.

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think It depends of how much the shedding is reduced, and how much regrowth we obtain; so we can then label the treatment as a "complement" or a "pillar treatment".

Lets not forget that finasteride could be described the same way: pills to reduce the hair loss, and regrowth a bit.

The only thing that bothers me, is that they say that equol attaches to/blocks alfa reductase, instead of DHT. I think that difference is crucial, not only for the effectiveness, but also to avoid sides...
That’s what finasterise does... attaches to alpha reductase to prevent T from turning into DHT. It’s the same thing...

Timii

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The results showed that a daily and constant application of the above mentioned lotion favors the growth of new hair and reduce the fall of existing hair. In addition, the hair becomes more resistant and the lotion is well tolerated by the subjects.
I wouldn't call this inconclusive because this study shows it works, but the question is to what degree. Yeah, it favors growth of new hair and reduces fall of existing hair but for that I can already use a weak keto shampoo. Very vague study in my opinion