Italian Hair Loss Lotion To Hit The Market In 2016

jc3303

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it's way too early to write this off, and I really doubt it's snake oil. How well it works is another question and we'll have to wait and see

It would make no sense for Brotzu to make and try to sell us snake oil. Why would he work many years in the research field and have several patents and just destroy his reputation for a little bit of money. When ever someone interviews him they never say he sounds fishy or that he seems like he's lying. He even took the time to explain the science behind the active ingredients. Researchers are not known for their social or sales skills we would have been able to smell the bs in his interviews if he was lying.

People are so hung up on pictures but pictures are not scientific! They can be misinterpreted easily for many reasons, scientists publish numbers, they don't lie (yes I know brotzu never published numbers either). I'm waiting to hear numbers from fidia before I judge but I'm still cautiously optimistic.

also why would fidia buy the rights to this lotion if it didn't work at all? And then spend money on a trial?

jc3303

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree let's put this to rest until we hear from Fidia or some people from the Italian group buy, which I don't think will be long.

On another note, since this is a cosmetic would it need a trial or approval from the FDA to be sold in North America? or is the trial in Italy enough to bring it to other markets?

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I agree let's put this to rest until we hear from Fidia or some people from the Italian group buy, which I don't think will be long.

On another note, since this is a cosmetic would it need a trial or approval from the FDA to be sold in North America? or is the trial in Italy enough to bring it to other markets?

I posted a link earlier in the thread from the FDA's website.

Long story short they don't need any approvals for a cosmetic product in the US.

Fidia also has a US based arm so presumably they'll offer it here eventually.

jc3303

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
To hell with eventually. If it does indeed work, import that sh*t pronto - no price is too high.

If it's an approved cosmetic in Italy would customs in north america potentially seize it if you try to import?

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score
To hell with eventually. If it does indeed work, import that sh*t pronto - no price is too high.
Agreed, but everyone needs to be realistic, nothing is going to be on the shelf tomorrow.

You might have your doubts about this treatment but as of right now it's the closest thing we have that isn't going the "kitchen sink" approach.

I joined the Italian GB for this to test it but even if that doesn't work I'm not going to suddenly abandon this treatment. There's no way any group buy has the knowledge, resources, facilities and money these companies have. Anyone that rights off any treatment because a GB product (that is sourced from God knows where) doesn't work is incredibly naive.

jc3303

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Agreed, but everyone needs to be realistic, nothing is going to be on the shelf tomorrow.

You might have your doubts about this treatment but as of right now it's the closest thing we have that isn't going the "kitchen sink" approach.

I joined the Italian GB for this to test it but even if that doesn't work I'm not going to suddenly abandon this treatment. There's no way any group buy has the knowledge, resources, facilities and money these companies have. Anyone that rights off any treatment because a GB product (that is sourced from God knows where) doesn't work is incredibly naive.

That Italian blogger was claiming he's using a top notch lab to produce the lotion but I'm not putting full faith in it either. I was gonna participate in that group buy but it would have cost me 120 euro including shipping for one bottle. There was no guarantee it would work and it could have been seized by customs so I decided not to go through with it. I'm not that desperate yet, but if it works I'll be in the next GB for sure.

tzt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Despite what the people who are rationalizing for something they really want to believe will tell you, it's doubtful this lotion will be effective for anyone or that it will even be released. All we can do is wait and see.
dude your pessimism is tooo much !!!!

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is the rational voice in the room. Although a bit on the pessimistic side. I remember the hoopla around Setipiprant, and that was with some stellar progress pics. Yet in the end it turned out to be a bust for the most part. I'm not going to say I doubt or disbelieve in Brotzu's work. But i will stay cautiously optimistic. Not to get my hopes up too much in case it is bust.

I say wait till the proof to make a judgement.of its efficacy.

We don;t know that setipiprant is a bust until the results of the phase II trial come out, which is sometime next year.

abcdefg

Reaction score
male pattern baldness is always going to be a kitchen sink approach until some true cure comes out which of course will cost a small fortune. So even if this works it might be better stacking this with current stuff. minoxidil and finasteride arent going anywhere anytime soon. Really if you have some miniaturizing hairs like me your probably best off trying finasteride now to stop/reverse the miniaturizing right away versus waiting for this. Time is of the essence in male pattern baldness the sooner you lower androgens the more hair you might get back that recently miniaturized.
This sounds a lot safer then finasteride though even if lowering DHT still has chances at sides which it will probably will if it ends up working. If its strong enough to work and have some effect then it goes without saying its going to cause sides.

jc3303

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
male pattern baldness is always going to be a kitchen sink approach until some true cure comes out which of course will cost a small fortune. So even if this works it might be better stacking this with current stuff. minoxidil and finasteride arent going anywhere anytime soon. Really if you have some miniaturizing hairs like me your probably best off trying finasteride now to stop/reverse the miniaturizing right away versus waiting for this. Time is of the essence in male pattern baldness the sooner you lower androgens the more hair you might get back that recently miniaturized.
This sounds a lot safer then finasteride though even if lowering DHT still has chances at sides which it will probably will if it ends up working. If its strong enough to work and have some effect then it goes without saying its going to cause sides.

This lotion does not lower DHT! The equol works to neutralize the DHT at the root to stop it from damaging hair, it does not lower DHT in your body so it will not cause sides.

I do agree you must get on finasteride as soon as possible and I don't think this lotion will replace it, but it really good replace min.

Xaser94

Established Member
Reaction score
first off I am the member that fidia emailed telling me when they would notify. To clear things up the lady said "hopefully after summer holiday" they will have news. Brotzu did an interview on june 29th in which he said there was an active trial going on with 60 participants. About 15 days later another member on this forum contacted fidia and they responded a bit differently than they did to me but said that the trial "has just started". So the trial probably started around mid June. I'm assuming it will be 3-4 months which makes me think they will be releasing news in late September. I will be emailing the same lady that reached back to me in a couple of days to see if I can get an update. Second, I am involved in the group buy with the italian man that is creating the lotion himself. Not sure what to expect but it can't hurt to try. Third, for people who think they can just create the lotion themselves they can not. You'd need to find a lab with a sonicator that costs 8000$ to do the lotion. And stop talking about side affects/ thinking you have the knowledge to assume the lotion will have any. No one knows if they will and he has been testing it on people for 3 years, yes 3 years with no side affects. Fourth, the facebook group that the italian man is talking about is exciting, but no you will not be able to figure that out right now. He said not to contact him about it but he is receiving good news. Could be BS but its nice to have hope. LASTLY I am predicting that this could be a HUGE breakthrough for men who are just begining to lose hair. I know there are a lot of doubters out there but I just got a funny feeling about this one. We'll see. I'll keep everyone updated

Lets get this cure boi

Hey, if you can get a follow up email that would be huge bro. There have been emails stating they had started mid May, so end of August puts them a lil more than 3 months which makes sense. This is honestly the closest thing we have. If they say its gonna be awhile before release i think ima def take propecia. My hair loss is still easily covered up, but def wont be able to do it for much longer.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
dude your pessimism is tooo much !!!!

I am honestly the least "pessimistic" person I know of when it comes to potential treatments and cures. Tsuji is essentially my god now.

but guys,

You have to acknowledge that "extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence". In this day and age, more than ever, it's put up or shut up and so far all we really have from the Fidia/Brotzu camp is talk. I'm sorry, but no one here has provided any answer that anyone should be willing to accept as an excuse for why that evidence is virtually non-existent after all this time.

Yes, it would be really stupid for a doctor of renown to lie about it or sell snake oil, but stranger things have happened. Using this to discredit skepticism is "genetic fallacy", you believe the info because of the source rather the facts or lack thereof.

The fact of the matter is, the other major players right now, like Riken and Shiseido, have no shortage of evidence and documentation of their work that is visible to the public. So anyone coming along at this point offering little more than their word is not to be trusted.

I hope the Italians on the group buy get results and if not, I hope the company releases results soon and if not, I hope the product makes it to store shelves and works. Until then, Brotzu is just words on a page to keep an eye on. So please, stop saying I'm a "pessimist".

jc3303

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am honestly the least "pessimistic" person I know of when it comes to potential treatments and cures. Tsuji is essentially my god now.

but guys,

You have to acknowledge that "extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence". In this day and age, more than ever, it's put up or shut up and so far all we really have from the Fidia/Brotzu camp is talk. I'm sorry, but no one here has provided any answer that anyone should be willing to accept as an excuse for why that evidence is virtually non-existent after all this time.

Yes, it would be really stupid for a doctor of renown to lie about it or sell snake oil, but stranger things have happened. Using this to discredit skepticism is "genetic fallacy", you believe the info because of the source rather the facts or lack thereof.

The fact of the matter is, the other major players right now, like Riken and Shiseido, have no shortage of evidence and documentation of their work that is visible to the public. So anyone coming along at this point offering little more than their word is not to be trusted.

I hope the Italians on the group buy get results and if not, I hope the company releases results soon and if not, I hope the product makes it to store shelves and works. Until then, Brotzu is just words on a page to keep an eye on. So please, stop saying I'm a "pessimist".

I agree extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence but you have to admit Tsuji has not provided this either, all we've seen is hair on mice. I'm not saying their method won't work I'm almost positive they have the cure but we have no proof it works in humans (I'm sure it does tho). Their science seems sound just like in Brotzu's lotion, in several interviews Brotzu explains how and why his lotion works and I've never heard anyone raise a legitimate concern with that aspect. It always comes down to pictures but if it works we'll get them sooner than later.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence but you have to admit Tsuji has not provided this either, all we've seen is hair on mice. I'm not saying their method won't work I'm almost positive they have the cure but we have no proof it works in humans (I'm sure it does tho). Their science seems sound just like in Brotzu's lotion, in several interviews Brotzu explains how and why his lotion works and I've never heard anyone raise a legitimate concern with that aspect. It always comes down to pictures but if it works we'll get them sooner than later.

I would say that's pretty extraordinary - creating new follicles from cells that work in any kind of animal.

Anyway, fingers crossed. Finasteride sucks.

jc3303

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would say that's pretty extraordinary - creating new follicles from cells that work in any kind of animal.

Anyway, fingers crossed. Finasteride sucks.

Agreed, it will be a glorious day when both finasteride and min are replaced and I hope Brotzu's the one to do it.

Reactions: tzt

bags

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This lotion does not lower DHT! The equol works to neutralize the DHT at the root to stop it from damaging hair, it does not lower DHT in your body so it will not cause sides.

I do agree you must get on finasteride as soon as possible and I don't think this lotion will replace it, but it really good replace min.

I find that really hard to believe. I hope Im wrong and you are right, but S-Equol works to lower DHT count not Neutralize it. And even if you apply it locally it will go systemic. Thats a known and given.

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=10&threadid=112898

This guy even had his levels tested. I know most off you guys don't care at all about hitting the gym. But DHT is a strength and Endurance GOD particle. And even though Androgens are the enemy of male pattern baldness, they are the best friend of anyone who wants to feel like a Alpha King on the daily.

I love my hair just as much as anyone. But I can tell you for a fact, you can have a better head shot than Brad Pitt in his prime; with out any confidence and a Alpha Attitude your going to be bagging less girls than a Baldy who is jacked fit and confident. #factsonly.

Drogedagh

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I hope Im wrong and you are right, but S-Equol works to lower DHT count not Neutralize it. And even if you apply it locally it will go systemic. Thats a known and given.
for God's sake, can someone put an end to the dispute.