Italian Hair Loss Lotion To Hit The Market In 2016

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Damnit i was invited to purchase some lotion from that group buy, but the whole thing just sounded fishy.
I guess ill just wait to see what results these guys have with it, then hopefully get in on the next gb

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry guys, but I think this should be written off as snake oil.

There is nothing but excuses for a lack of pictures for something they've allegedly been working on for years. Even the crappiest university science papers still have pictures. It's also a topical lotion and any of the credible science out there from Shiseido, Tsuji, Sanford-Burnham etc. demonstrates that hair loss happens at the cellular level and functionally can be fixed with cells. It's some sci-fi stuff that a lotion will work.

Now, there's apparently "group buys" before the lotion is even named? Yeah...

A lotion that could regrow five years worth of hair would be a god-send for me, because I'd be a full head again. Until I see this on the store shelves with proven results, though, it's just another scam.

resu

Reaction score
Pictures are not an issue when they're still doing trials, if we get the standard scammy photos then we worry.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Pictures are not an issue when they're still doing trials, if we get the standard scammy photos then we worry.

3) They will sell it as a cosmetic within the next 12 months, so it isn't years away.
Doctor. Brotzu said it was tested in the last 6 years on 100 patients with Androgenetic Alopecia and also in patients with Alopecia Areata, seems the lotion works for both pathologies but had better results for Androgenetic Alopecia

That's plenty of trial time.

yellowbluegrey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

There is nothing but excuses for a lack of pictures for something they've allegedly been working on for years. Even the crappiest university science papers still have pictures. It's also a topical lotion and any of the credible science out there from Shiseido, Tsuji, Sanford-Burnham etc. demonstrates that hair loss happens at the cellular level and functionally can be fixed with cells. It's some sci-fi stuff that a lotion will work.

A lotion that could regrow five years worth of hair would be a god-send for me, because I'd be a full head again. Until I see this on the store shelves with proven results, though, it's just another scam.

Why don't we just wait before denouncing something we know very little about just because we know very little about it. There's a LOT of room between "regrow five years of loss" and "this is snake oil". Let's just wait and see. I'm optimistic

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why don't we just wait before denouncing something we know very little about just because we know very little about it. There's a LOT of room between "regrow five years of loss" and "this is snake oil". Let's just wait and see. I'm optimistic

The fact that we know very little about it after allegedly six years, at least, of research from a supposedly "respected" Doctor is exactly the issue. This lotion was supposed to have been released at least once before - instead it got pushed off for more "trials" and no pics from the last ones were released.

The fact is, respected doctors researching something publish their results and findings along the way - This guy hasn't.

So "wait and see" is exactly what I said I'm doing because as it currently stands, there is no reason whatsoever to believe this will work. So until it's actually out, I don't believe it.

jc3303

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I don't think it's snake oil, the science behind it makes sense. It works on 2 levels to neutralize DHT and promote regrowth which is the first time that's been done or tried in a topical to my knowledge. It also makes sense why brotzu doesn't have pictures to publish, he probably never intended on releasing it himself so why would he ask participants permission to publish them? just because we haven't seen pics from him doesn't mean they don't exist, he could have plenty that fidia has seen but we can't.

JLC

Established Member
Reaction score
As said before I think it's very unlikely to be snake oil with Dr Brotzu's reputation on the line, I mean why would someone do that at that point in their career, it doesn't make any sense.
Also as I've said before I find it very hard to believe this lotion won't work at least to some level, the level or how well it works will be the key point, as in will it be at worst another minoxidil or at best regrowing five years of lost hair, or somewhere in between. That is what we want to find out.

Also I think it's very unlikely to have any major sides, Brotzu said there was none and tested the lotion on young children.

Last edited:

jc3303

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
As said before I think it's very unlikely to be snake oil with Dr Brotzu's reputation on the line, I mean why would someone do that at that point in their career, it doesn't make any sense.
Also as I've said before I find it very hard to believe this lotion won't work at least to some level, the level or how well it works will be the key point, as in will it be at worst another minoxidil or at best regrowing five years of lost hair, or somewhere in between. That is what we want to find out.

Also I think it's very unlikely to have any major sides, Brotzu said there was none and tested the lotion on young children.

I totally agree but I feel it will be better than min as it will work faster and in more people (most likely) but as far as in terms of regrowth that's still up in the air.

But that whole 5 years of regrowth kind of bothers me it's got that "too good to be true" factor to me. All of Brotzu's other claims seem realistic to me besides that but I still got my fingers crossed for 5 years of regrowth.

tzt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
....... This lotion was supposed to have been released at least once before - instead it got pushed off for more "trials" and no pics from the last ones were released.........

the first 6 years trial was made by Dr.Brotzu. then when the patent was bought by FIDIA for commercialization purpose they had to make their own little trial. So it's look normal.

and for the lack of picture. when the product was announced in February 2016 there were no photo. and later in may there was a AA alopecia meeting/convention in italia where Dr.Brotzo made presentation and shows a little guy who had AA with after & before picture with this guy get his hair back. so why he didn't show this pictures in February where he announced the product ?
just wait, the picture have to come soon or later. it's matter of time.

abcdefg

Reaction score
I dont know if its going to be snake oil just more likely it flat out wont work or wont work that well. Those are the way more likely scenarios. I dont think anyone should take the 5 year thing literally because its going to vary a lot by person how much they get back like their age and things like that.
The most exciting thing about this is just its so close in comparison to everything else. Saying it might be out in 1 year is 10 times better and more hopeful than anything else.
That being said I am debating just using finasteride instead using a pill is so much more convenient than applying some lotion everyday. Especially if you have a lot of hair left

jc3303

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
From what Brotzu states in his interviews It probably only has the potential to give good results to young guys. It won't bring back long lost hairs or revive dead follicles which is why I think a lot of people aren't excited for this.

@abcdefg you'd probably need finasteride for this to be effective for a long time. And brotzu said after 2 years you'd only need to apply twice a week to maintain, that's definitely pretty easy.

But I'm with you it would be a pain for me to apply a topical as well. I'd run through it faster than most due to my thinning all over the top of my scalp and the fact I still have half decent density as well

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score
From what Brotzu states in his interviews It probably only has the potential to give good results to young guys. It won't bring back long lost hairs or revive dead follicles which is why I think a lot of people aren't excited for this.

@abcdefg you'd probably need finasteride for this to be effective for a long time. And brotzu said after 2 years you'd only need to apply twice a week to maintain, that's definitely pretty easy.

But I'm with you it would be a pain for me to apply a topical as well. I'd run through it faster than most due to my thinning all over the top of my scalp and the fact I still have half decent density as well
Agreed, sounds like we have the same type of hair loss.

If Brotzu came out before the end of the year and maintained and have a little regrowth I'd be very happy.

If it brought me back 5 years it'd be a cure for me but I don't expect it to do that.

If it works it should help diffuse thinners more I would imagine

jc3303

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Blackber I agree it could help us diffuse guys better which is why I'm so excited about it. If that Italian bloggers stuff works I'm gonna get in on the next group buy for sure. Unless fidia announces in the fall the real thing will release soon.

Willy31

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a big diffuse alopecia (all my head is affected) because I took Prozac, Risperidone, Concerta and other big sh*t during 14 years at very high dose. I have just 4 or 5 hair by cm2 (hair are extremely miniaturized). If i have not a treatment soon, I will be totaly bald before 2017.

Do you think this lotion will be effective for me? My miniaturized hair will be become terminal hair? If I stop my baldness soon and I transform my miniaturized hair in healthy/terminal hair, I have may be a chance to esperate Tsuji... but my miniaturized hair = hair cycle are almost exhausted? If yes, it's not a good news for me.

It's a nightmare for me. I want hope. Please, I really need a reply.

Thank you
William

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a big diffuse alopecia (all my head is affected) because I took Prozac, Risperidone, Concerta and other big sh*t during 14 years at very high dose. I have just 4 or 5 hair by cm2 (hair are extremely miniaturized). If i have not a treatment soon, I will be totaly bald before 2017.

Do you think this lotion will be effective for me? My miniaturized hair will be become terminal hair? If I stop my baldness soon and I transform my miniaturized hair in healthy/terminal hair, I have may be a chance to esperate Tsuji... but my miniaturized hair = hair cycle are almost exhausted? If yes, it's not a good news for me.

It's a nightmare for me. I want hope. Please, I really need a reply.

Thank you
William

Despite what the people who are rationalizing for something they really want to believe will tell you, it's doubtful this lotion will be effective for anyone or that it will even be released. All we can do is wait and see.

Norwood One

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The fact that we know very little about it after allegedly six years, at least, of research from a supposedly "respected" Doctor is exactly the issue. This lotion was supposed to have been released at least once before - instead it got pushed off for more "trials" and no pics from the last ones were released.

The fact is, respected doctors researching something publish their results and findings along the way - This guy hasn't.

So "wait and see" is exactly what I said I'm doing because as it currently stands, there is no reason whatsoever to believe this will work. So until it's actually out, I don't believe it.

This is the rational voice in the room. Although a bit on the pessimistic side. I remember the hoopla around Setipiprant, and that was with some stellar progress pics. Yet in the end it turned out to be a bust for the most part. I'm not going to say I doubt or disbelieve in Brotzu's work. But i will stay cautiously optimistic. Not to get my hopes up too much in case it is bust.

I say wait till the proof to make a judgement.of its efficacy.

yellowbluegrey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Despite what the people who are rationalizing for something they really want to believe will tell you, it's doubtful this lotion will be effective for anyone or that it will even be released. All we can do is wait and see.

Jeez buddy, taking the pessimism to another level there. Being a little sceptical is understandable, but completely denouncing it at this point is just dumb. I'm optimistic and excited to hear more about it, not rationalizing anything. But, like you and everyone else has said, let's wait and see.