Italian Hair Loss Lotion To Hit The Market In 2016

d3nt3dsh0v3l

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Haha I was looking back at my dislked posts out of boredom, and the post that got me the most dislikes was one where i argued against a guy who used these included these 2 arguments as reasons why this lotion would not be a scam:

1) 'Brotzu is a reputed doctor' - Really? Source? Please list his achievements here...
2) 'It was discovered by accident that it worked against male pattern baldness, just like the only 2 alternatives that we have now' - Like... How the f*** is that even an arguments supporting the efficacy of this product?

Fear and hope, two killers or rational thinking.

Happens every time there's a scam or over hype

In a few years people will claim the next hype train isn't the same as Brotzu because "only fools believed brotzu would work". Reminds me of the Follicept fiasco, where everyone was sure a startup linked to a University wouldn't use shady practices

Like how everyone knew Aderans was going to fail, Nigam was a shady scam artist, Pilox was linked to a past scam pusher and so on

I mean, while I think it is very reasonable to be skeptical of this lotion as well as other products, I really doubt that the lotion is a scam. A lot of things just don't work in research despite the best of intentions; this has always been true in general :) .

Dr. Brotzu's attempt at making a hair regrowth product is actually very reasonable. Trying to address circulation and DHT in one topical product is a solid plan of attack. I mean it's definitely worth a shot and I am glad there are people like him taking some initiative to try new things. I think a scam would be when people are trying to shove products down your throat without having the data to back it up. It's just a short-term con to swindle people out of their money up until the point that they realize that the product doesn't work. I hardly think Brotzu is trying to trick people like that. I mean there is barely any marketing on this product; the hype is here because of US looking at the lotion and thinking "wow, that is a pretty interesting idea indeed - I want to try it for myself!"

Maybe it is important to distinguish criticism of the product from criticism of the people behind it. After all, they are human too. Empathize with them for a moment - they too shared a glimmer of our excitement when they first understood the potential of their product. And hair loss is something that people get so emotional about that once the news slipped that they may have found something, they were inundated by requests, questions, etc. Think of the pressure this places on them.

We all want to know if the lotion works, of course. But regardless of the outcome, we shouldn't blame the doctor unless he does something unethical, which he has not thus far. We shouldn't stigmatize attempting to cure hair loss and failing. That's not fair because this is a tricky problem that many people have tried to solve for thousands of years. And each thing that doesn't work helps us learn more about how to solve the problem. And likewise, you shouldn't feel foolish for thinking that this product has a good shot. Life is somewhat unpredictable so that's why sometimes you just have to try and see what happens :).

I will confess, the one thing that does frustrate me about the situation - Fidia, Brotzu and his people, the patent they wrote, and the few who had a chance to try his lotion - is that the photographic evidence is seriously lacking, and that would be the thing that offers the most confidence in the lotion (that, and there were no long term trials; even if hair regrowth was excellent at 8 months, I really wonder if the lotion would be a minoxidil replacement versus a finasteride replacement. That is a big difference; we need a longer trial to be able to distinguish this). But it's a bit hard to say if the lack of photos is a good or bad sign, because it would be strategic to pace oneself when trying to create a product for such a large market.

I mean what probably happened with ReBoost is that the original idea didn't work in the end, but they had made announcements that they maybe shouldn't have, so they had to release a lemon to try to save face as best as they could. In my opinion it would have been better to not release anything at all and admit failure, but the outcome was almost the same. They released so few units of their lotion and people knew within a week that it was a dud and everyone moved on.

Can't always predict the future, guys.

Last edited:

17AndBalding

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't want to sound too spoiled but it has been quite a while since we had some major news... Now it's me hoping it all comes at once in an epic blast haha

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't want to sound too spoiled but it has been quite a while since we had some major news... Now it's me hoping it all comes at once in an epic blast haha
Rasta like hairs for everybody in 2018 lol

Last edited:

MomoGee

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
e mailed that address, nothing back as yet, has anyone got an addy for Brotzu?
It's pointless since their press mentioned, "we envisage the development of the potential product candidate being completed by 2018". This basically screams leave us alone and you will get news in 2018.

CharAblaze

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
On the bright side: almost 5 months until 2018.
On the dark side: We are getting older and balder.
On WTF side: I can't believe that I'm reading a baldness forum for 4 years already. My past fullhead self would have cringed.

Last edited:

17AndBalding

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
On the bright side: almost 5 months until 2017.
On WTF side: I can't believe that I'm reading a baldness forum for 4 years already. My past fullhead self would have cringed.
I remember when I was NW2 with barely any thinning I felt like crap because I thought my hair looked bad. Well now almost a norwood further with more thinning I just wanna punch my old self in the face for not doing anything about it.

Kev123

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
On the bright side: almost 5 months until 2017.

We're going to repeat 2017. We're prisoners to this year, prisoners to hair loss. Your typographical error may be unintentionally symbolic for what's to come in 2018 - a repeat of 2017?

I hope not.

CharAblaze

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We're going to repeat 2017. We're prisoners to this year, prisoners to hair loss. Your typographical error may be unintentionally symbolic for what's to come in 2018 - a repeat of 2017?

I hope not.
Fix'd this thread title is a mindfuck.
Just like this lotion.

Royaume

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
2018 has to be the year. I cannot imagine how hard it must be for the older generation who are waiting for decades... It would have ruined my life. Luckily it started really bad after my final examination in 2016... If it started before this, i am really sure that things would not be as they are right now.

This fkcing cancer like disease is a nightmare. Fkck also Aclaris and other companies who always come up with the same fkcing attititude: Androgenetic Alopecia is only cosmetic bla bla bla bla bla. We want to focus on Areata bla bla bla. Just find a fkcing a cure for all alopecias because they are all like cancer. It destroys your life.

CharAblaze

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
2018 has to be the year. I cannot imagine how hard it must be for the older generation who are waiting for decades... It would have ruined my life. Luckily it started really bad after my final examination in 2016... If it started before this, i am really sure that things would not be as they are right now.
Hahaha, Imagine me. I started balding just b4 my final examination in 2014. Now I'm a NW4. It was sure nice to enter university as a baldie. Everybody refered to me as old man.

Royaume

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hahaha, Imagine me. I started balding just b4 my final examination in 2014. Now I'm a NW4. It was sure nice to enter university as a baldie. Everybody refered to me as old man.

Brotzu will hopefully save you and many other positive people here.

17AndBalding

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If this ff'ing lotion actually came out in 2016 I might've been saved from this sh*t :( Well if it works as well as they claim that is