Italian Hair Loss Lotion To Hit The Market In 2016

Giiizmo

Established Member
Reaction score
So what I'd deduce from it, is that these are the countries and regions they plan to release it in.

This is probably just nitpicking on my part but I'd say they were only looking to secure their IP in the listed countries without necessarily having made plans for a release. Considering the rather volatile nature of this thread, I think the small precision is justified.

The 7TH Sense

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I frankly know nothing about patents and standards, but to me it seems a development. What I know is that those extensions and applocations have a cost, so it is a proper investment made by Fidia itself. That could mean they are really aiming to commercialization, maybe.

Surfing their site, also, I noticed they changed the English title of their January update, from "study regarding hair loss" to "Prof. Brotzu's hair loss remedy". It means nothing, but the Italian version is untouched. I can't remember the "old version", so I didn't notice if there were any changes at the body of their message. Maybe someone with good memory could check:

http://www.fidiapharma.com/en/news/prof-brotzu-s-hair-loss-remedy,3,115

Also, days ago I sent an email to Fidia (yes, not really the smartest move of them all) because I wanted a punctualization about some generic questions I made. Obviously, I only got a generic response, but they said to me that sperimentation was NOT already ended, and they decided to not give any infos until it will be finished. And that's because they care about the people who will use it for long time periods (mainly Androgenetic Alopecia people), and the results long-term shall not be any different than their sperimentation results. Who can blame them?

Many users here and even on italian forums said that they were having problems with stability, but since the beginning I always said: "Who Telogen Effluvium f*** told you they're having stability issues?"
The story of the stability was brought up regarding the Spatolotion group buy, when the users of the first group reported good results at the beginning who subsided 2 weeks after, and after making pressures, they convinced Spatolatore to analyze the lotions and found a stability problem on DGLA. Now is solved (dunno if he lied) and they are experimenting their fake-lotion. But that is spatolatore, not Fidia.

Stupidon

Established Member
Reaction score
That would make sense with the timeline - supposedly releasing the product during spring. Basically, looks like to me they needed to comply with regulation and trial for some times the product before requested patent.

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
A PCT application is not a patent application, what it does is give you priority over anyone trying to patent the same thing in the designated countries. You then have 18 months to file applications the countries designated. Going the PCT route gives you a bit of extra time to see if it is worth patenting your invention in other countries.

So in short, no this does not mean the product is coming out in a few months, but it does mean that they are believe in the product. You'ill know if this is going to come out if patents start being filed in the designated states. Until then it gives them some time to see if the product is viable or not.

Dolph

Established Member
Reaction score
Pre-market it's not uncommon to secure rights in the countries of manufacture to prevent IP theft; it's possible they're planning to make the stuff in one of those countries. I wouldn't read too far into it, though. We are still probably quite some time away from the release. The only thing I take from this news is that the lotion is still moving ahead -- which is a great thing, even if we still have to wait, and even if it doesn't work. At this point, even new forms of snake oil are welcome.

Royaume

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Pre-market it's not uncommon to secure rights in the countries of manufacture to prevent IP theft; it's possible they're planning to make the stuff in one of those countries. I wouldn't read too far into it, though. We are still probably quite some time away from the release. The only thing I take from this news is that the lotion is still moving ahead -- which is a great thing, even if we still have to wait, and even if it doesn't work. At this point, even new forms of snake oil are welcome.

It will work. If I were Fidia and I know that its fkcing snake oil and the hype is very high I woul immediately release the snake oil but it is definitely not snake oil. The question here is not if it is working, it is more how well is it working?

Follisket

Established Member
Reaction score
And that's because they care about the people who will use it for long time periods (mainly Androgenetic Alopecia people), and the results long-term shall not be any different than their sperimentation results.

Were those their own words (Androgenetic Alopecia)? Because that would certainly be encouraging after the whole areata confusion.

Royaume

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I frankly know nothing about patents and standards, but to me it seems a development. What I know is that those extensions and applocations have a cost, so it is a proper investment made by Fidia itself. That could mean they are really aiming to commercialization, maybe.

Surfing their site, also, I noticed they changed the English title of their January update, from "study regarding hair loss" to "Prof. Brotzu's hair loss remedy". It means nothing, but the Italian version is untouched. I can't remember the "old version", so I didn't notice if there were any changes at the body of their message. Maybe someone with good memory could check:

http://www.fidiapharma.com/en/news/prof-brotzu-s-hair-loss-remedy,3,115

Also, days ago I sent an email to Fidia (yes, not really the smartest move of them all) because I wanted a punctualization about some generic questions I made. Obviously, I only got a generic response, but they said to me that sperimentation was NOT already ended, and they decided to not give any infos until it will be finished. And that's because they care about the people who will use it for long time periods (mainly Androgenetic Alopecia people), and the results long-term shall not be any different than their sperimentation results. Who can blame them?

Many users here and even on italian forums said that they were having problems with stability, but since the beginning I always said: "Who Telogen Effluvium f*** told you they're having stability issues?"
The story of the stability was brought up regarding the Spatolotion group buy, when the users of the first group reported good results at the beginning who subsided 2 weeks after, and after making pressures, they convinced Spatolatore to analyze the lotions and found a stability problem on DGLA. Now is solved (dunno if he lied) and they are experimenting their fake-lotion. But that is spatolatore, not Fidia.

Thanks for the information. Could you upload the E-Mail answer? It doesn't seem that your answer is a standard generic answer? Especially the part with androgenetic alopecia would be very interesting.

br1

Reaction score

Sorry but the title has been "prof Brotzu's remedy" since last year..

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is that a speculative breadcrumb of hope I see in the Brotzu thread?

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN. Let the memes commence!

KLLgdXN.gif

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score

A PCT application costs around €1500, and the initial application was in october 2016. It's not a massive investment.

What is a massive investment is actually doing the patenting in all of those countries as each country has to have the patent application in the countries own language and format. You're looking at over €150,000 for the forty or so countries listed.

They have until march 2018 to apply for the patents, so like I said before I would n't get to hopeful on this development.

MrJolly16

Experienced Member
Reaction score
A PCT application costs around €1500, and the initial application was in october 2016. It's not a massive investment.

What is a massive investment is actually doing the patenting in all of those countries as each country has to have the patent application in the countries own language and format. You're looking at over €150,000 for the forty or so countries listed.

They have until march 2018 to apply for the patents, so like I said before I would n't get to hopeful on this development.

But would they pay over 1500 euros for nothing? Hope St. Brotzu can save us all! #HypeTrain.

http://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/statistics-explained/index.php/Glossary:Country_codes

Last edited:

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score

MrJolly16

Experienced Member
Reaction score
For a big corporation €1500 is nothing and is worth paying to give them more time to evaluate if this product is going to be viable or not. The reason they went for the PCT route is that it gave them 18 more months to decide if it is worth patenting in other countries.

So, it´s worst than we thought? Not really good news after all :s

username1

My Regimen
Reaction score
For a big corporation €1500 is nothing and is worth paying to give them more time to evaluate if this product is going to be viable or not. The reason they went for the PCT route is that it gave them 18 more months to decide if it is worth patenting in other countries.

It's 30 months in total starting from the initial filing date (18 + 12 months). One of the advantages of PCT over Paris Convention is that they can delay paying the fees and they have 30 months to decide which contries they would want to pay the fees to protect the invention. The fact that they have updated the status of the patent is a good news. I'm assuming they should finish the trials and the studies before the 30month mark. However, they can simply file a new patent by improving the currrent invetion which I'm assuming they are doing at the moment (improving the original recipe).

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
So, it´s worst than we thought? Not really good news after all :s

You normally have 12 months to apply for patents in other countries based you original patent although I'm not sure if that is based on application or publication date.

With PCT patent applications you have 18 months, now it may be a new patent or it may be an extension of the existing patent. The last patent was published on Nov 2015, so Oct 2016 for this application is 11 months which indicates it could be extension.

Interestingly they have only put down European countries, but like I said it does not mean they are actually going to patent anything.

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It's 30 months in total starting from the initial filing date (18 + 12 months). One of the advantages of PCT over Paris Convention is that they can delay paying the fees and they have 30 months to decide which contries they would want to pay the fees to protect the invention. The fact that they have updated the status of the patent is a good news. I'm assuming they should finish the trials and the studies before the 30month mark. However, they can simply file a new patent by improving the currrent invetion which I'm assuming they are doing at the moment (improving the original recipe).

I'm pretty sure they'd be using the original patent application as the basis for this PCT application. I'm not 100% about the mechanics as it has been over 10 years since I looked at this and European Patents where not available then. Most likely they added Bosnia and Montenegro because they are part of the EPO so you basically get them for free but why they did not add them in the first place I have no idea.