Italian Hair Loss Lotion To Hit The Market In 2016

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not really any information but nice to know things are underway, I simply asked if the trial had started and if any associated time scales has been considered...

Dear POTATOUSERNAM <-Changed

Fidia just began a clinical trial, with a defined protocol, focusing on a specific formulation suitable for industrial scaling-up.

Regretfully, we are not able to figure out in advance the formulation’s effectiveness and tolerability, that shall be demonstrated during the trial, with statistical significance and clinical relevance.

Neither exact launch plans nor time-to-market priorities have been defined for the product yet.

We will keep you abreast of the company’s future steps in this concern.

Please, do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions on the subject.

Cordially yours.
Good to know they've begun. I'm anxious to see how they market the formulation if all goes well.

Follisket

Established Member
Reaction score
So weird to have something progressing quickly and smoothly for once. I imagine it must also be exciting for them to be showered with this much interest and attention. Hopefully we'll also get to shower them with money before long.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Could someone aware me on why this has a 50 page thread and people getting really excited? I haven't kept up with it since reading the brief study bit, which hardly seemed clinical. No before/after pics, no hair counts?

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Could someone aware me on why this has a 50 page thread and people getting really excited? I haven't kept up with it since reading the brief study bit, which hardly seemed clinical. No before/after pics, no hair counts?
A lot of us our excited because the ingredients make a lot of sense and the rights to the formulation have been bought by a large and reputable Italian company that is now running their own internal trials to evaluate the efficacy. Even if I haven't seen pictures, the company surely did and they must have seen it as worthy of devoting resources to. Perhaps my hope is misplaced but from everything I've read, this seems very promising.

Follisket

Established Member
Reaction score

To be perfectly honest, I think it's precisely because we haven't seen any pics or hair counts yet. Seems like whenever a company produces those, it's bad news for us. Speaks volumes on the state of hair loss treatments.

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score

Because it claims to "reverse 5 years of hairloss" whatever that means. You're telling me that doesn't sound exciting? Especially when pharma is trialing it and it has real science behind it

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
A lot of us our excited because the ingredients make a lot of sense and the rights to the formulation have been bought by a large and reputable Italian company that is now running their own internal trials to evaluate the efficacy. Even if I haven't seen pictures, the company surely did and they must have seen it as worthy of devoting resources to. Perhaps my hope is misplaced but from everything I've read, this seems very promising.

It also has a good narrative.

Dr. Brotzu was not actually researching hair loss, a field which seems to attract con artists.

He was researching diabetes. He made the formulation for diabetes. I think it doesn't help with diabetes. However, he noticed hair growth as a side effect.

If this is a con, it's a clever one. Cons are usually recognizable right away. For example there was this traditional family medicine product out of the UK a few months ago, the recipe for the lotion involved dozens of natural chemicals from all over the world. That was clearly a con.

Bad_Wolve

Established Member
Reaction score
if we would invest our energy in finding some reputable sources for getting these ingredients, instead of speculating all day long if it will work or not, we would be much further. sometimes i think 90% here are Norwood 0, by reading these worthless postings.

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
if we would invest our energy in finding some reputable sources for getting these ingredients, instead of speculating all day long if it will work or not, we would be much further. sometimes i think 90% here are Norwood 0, by reading these worthless postings.
If we could find them would you be willing to make the stuff. I would have done it by now if I was 18 and could order things.

- - - Updated - - -

You would have to follow the instructions EXACTLY.

Alphus

Reaction score
Someone is trying a substitute for the lotion, with borage oil and other stuff. If it works I 'll try by myself. But now I don't want to spend time in trying something similar if it won't work: I prefer wait for the original.
However, Brotzu's father is Giuseppe brotzu (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giuseppe_Brotzu ) who has discovered Cephalosporin, so was an important physician! He was been also mayor of Cagliari. This is why I think the son is reputable as well.
I contacted him, but with no answer, maybe he is fed up...
Maybe liposomial cationic is the answer, and fidia is doing his clinical test quickly and secretly, in order to launch its product as soon as possible and be the first!
This is why I , and others, think that this product (if it works...) will be launched within the 2016. But it's only a supposition, I am not a wizard :p

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Because it claims to "reverse 5 years of hairloss" whatever that means. You're telling me that doesn't sound exciting? Especially when pharma is trialing it and it has real science behind it

It's precisely claims like that which make me sceptical. I've heard it all before numerous times. It does sound interesting, but the champagne will be on ice until I see some tangible results.

TravisB

Established Member
Reaction score
Even IF (and that's a big IF at the moment) this even works, it will still need like 5+ years of ****ing trials, so it's not really anything to be hyped about

Unless someone explains to me why wouldn't it need clinical trials?

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Even IF (and that's a big IF at the moment) this even works, it will still need like 5+ years of ****ing trials, so it's not really anything to be hyped about

Unless someone explains to me why wouldn't it need clinical trials?
DGLA is a precursor to PGE1, therefor it can be marketed as a cosmetic. Cosmetics don't need clinical trials.

big_head

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm in month 2 of finasteride.

If this lotion is even a quarter effective as it is advertised, I can use finasteride and the lotion every day and turn back my hair clock 2-3 years I would be ecstatic.

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anybody know exactly what DHT does to the hair follicle. Through all my reading, the only thing I've read is that DHT causes miniaturuzation. They never specify why. Is DHT choking the vascular pathways that nourish the follicle? Why hasn't this been determined?

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anybody know exactly what DHT does to the hair follicle. Through all my reading, the only thing I've read is that DHT causes miniaturuzation. They never specify why. Is DHT choking the vascular pathways that nourish the follicle? Why hasn't this been determined?

I think DHT signals to the dermal papilla to stop producing hair. I also don't think it's an
A-> B relationship. I think DHT signals various pathways that end up causing the dermal papilla to produce finer and finer hair

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score

Nobody does. The lack of vascularization is indeed something that comes with Androgenetic Alopecia, but this is thought to be a secondary event.

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nobody does. The lack of vascularization is indeed something that comes with Androgenetic Alopecia, but this is thought to be a secondary event.
I've read quite a bit about it being a catalyst for fibrosis or microinflammation around the dp cells. What really interests me is how the hair loss occurs in a defined pattern. This seems to lend itself to DHT choking the follicles in succession, much like a tsunami destroying buildings in a city.

RatherGoBlindThanSeeItGo

Established Member
Reaction score
I've read quite a bit about it being a catalyst for fibrosis or microinflammation around the dp cells. What really interests me is how the hair loss occurs in a defined pattern. This seems to lend itself to DHT choking the follicles in succession, much like a tsunami destroying buildings in a city.

I think if someone knew exactly how it happens, a cure wouldn't be far away.

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score

Cellular and developmental aspects of androgenetic alopecia, Jahoda - http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1600-0625.2007.00666.x/pdf

Papilla size can also be altered by changes to cell size, extracellular matrix volume and composition, and blood supply (see (23) for review). However, reduction in blood supply is generally considered to be a secondary effect of follicle size reduction and not a primary influence (45).

Yes the pattern is interesting. But isn't it interesting too how hair grows in infants? It's pretty much the other way around. The hair at the frontoparietal and frontal regions sometimes grows in last. Also they tend to have 1 follicular units first which progress later to 2-3-4. That's why they have silky hair in the beginning and not much coverage. In Androgenetic Alopecia it's exactly the other way around very often. Progresses to 1 follicular units, and hair loss often starts and the frontoparietal and frontal regions.

Hamilton (88) recognized a link between androgenetic alopecia and developmental processes when he noticed that the regions of hair loss in neonate infants (of both sexes) are the same as those seen in adult alopecia. Moreover, adult hair loss follows the same progression as the replacement of hair in infants (89).

What I find interesting also is the following observation;

In normal men, advancing age is accompanied by increase in the incidence and extent of baldness. In eunuchs who were castrated prepubertally and given androgenic treatment at a later date, those who are in the second decade of life when treatment is begun tend to lose hair slowly over a period of years, as in most normal young men of their age. In contrast, the eunuch who reaches the sixth decade of life before receiving androgenic treatment loses his hair within a few months ofthe beginning of treatment. Evidently the susceptibility to alopecia increases with age but is not expressed in the absence of inciting agents like androgens. These genetic, endocrine, and aging factors are interdependent. No matter how strong the inherited predisposition to baldness, alopecia will not result if inciting agents, such as androgens, are missing. This is illustrated by the luxuriant scalp hair in old eunuchs who were castrated prior to sexual maturation. Neither are the androgenic inciting agents able to induce baldness in individuals not genetically disposed to baldness. The augmenting action of aging has been referred to above

Eunuchs retain their hair when castrated prepubertally obviously. Now you take one older eunuch and one young eunuch. Both are NW1's. You inject them both with androgens. The older eunuchs tend to lose their hair extremely rapidly while the younger way more slowly. Why? Cells weaker with old age and more susceptible to stress/damage? I don't know.