Italian Hair Loss Lotion To Hit The Market In 2016

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anybody know exactly what DHT does to the hair follicle. Through all my reading, the only thing I've read is that DHT causes miniaturuzation. They never specify why. Is DHT choking the vascular pathways that nourish the follicle? Why hasn't this been determined?

DHT, in body hair is the fuel of its growth.....

- - - Updated - - -

I've read quite a bit about it being a catalyst for fibrosis or microinflammation around the dp cells. What really interests me is how the hair loss occurs in a defined pattern. This seems to lend itself to DHT choking the follicles in succession, much like a tsunami destroying buildings in a city.

+1, good analogy, a tsunami ;)

- - - Updated - - -

I think if someone knew exactly how it happens, a cure wouldn't be far away.

The key is the special pattern.

- - - Updated - - -

Cellular and developmental aspects of androgenetic alopecia, Jahoda - http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1600-0625.2007.00666.x/pdf

Thanks for the study, the Figure 1 can help us. Do you noticed a change in the position and amount of "cells" surrouinding the dermal papilla? In miniaturized hairs can observe that the cells are piled up.... maybe problems with hardened sebum??

- - - Updated - - -

Cellular and developmental aspects of androgenetic alopecia, Jahoda - http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1600-0625.2007.00666.x/pdf

Yes the pattern is interesting. But isn't it interesting too how hair grows in infants? It's pretty much the other way around. The hair at the frontoparietal and frontal regions grows in last. Also they tend to have 1 follicular units first which progress later to 2-3-4. That's why they have silky hair in the beginning and not much coverage. In Androgenetic Alopecia it's exactly the other way around very often. Progresses to 1 follicular units, and hair loss often starts and the frontoparietal and frontal regions.

Very interesting quote about the follicular units, IMHO it fits with my ideas, but have you a liteature about it?
TIA

RatherGoBlindThanSeeItGo

Established Member
Reaction score

I am reading through this. One thing that struck me is when he says: "To my knowledge in the literature there are no reports of fibres from ‘‘balding’’ follicles becoming thinner over the course of an anagen phase of the cycle? If this has never been investigated it would be a relatively simple and informative thing to do."

So he says hairstrands don't get thinner during the growth phase, but isn't everyone with baldness shedding hairs that are thicker at the end and progressively thinner towards the bulb?

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am reading through this. One thing that struck me is when he says: "To my knowledge in the literature there are no reports of fibres from ‘‘balding’’ follicles becoming thinner over the course of an anagen phase of the cycle? If this has never been investigated it would be a relatively simple and informative thing to do."

So he says hairstrands don't get thinner during the growth phase, but isn't everyone with baldness shedding hairs that are thicker at the end and progressively thinner towards the bulb?

Hair thickness is almost equal throughout its length. The hair root acts as an extruder, a new hair cycle is needed to modify its thickness.

InBeforeTheCure

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anybody know exactly what DHT does to the hair follicle. Through all my reading, the only thing I've read is that DHT causes miniaturuzation. They never specify why. Is DHT choking the vascular pathways that nourish the follicle? Why hasn't this been determined?

For the past couple weeks, I've been working on a model of how it could work and have made considerable progress. I have, for example, a pretty clear idea of how exactly DHT causes senescence of DP cells. But there are other aspects of it that I'm investigating too, and recently some high-throughput data has been made available, which has made investigating these other aspects a lot easier. I also want to look at the predicted effects on epithelial pathways. It's quite an extensive project, but I'll probably post a thread here sometime next month.

As for why no one in the field has actually looked for these things experimentally? That's inexplicable to me.

@Swooping

It's interesting what you say about older vs. younger eunuchs. I honestly didn't know that. One prediction of my hypothesis, which I thought was a weakness, is that exactly that would happen. If that's true, that's the second corroboration of the model that I didn't know about beforehand -- the first came from GWAS.

RatherGoBlindThanSeeItGo

Established Member
Reaction score
Hair thickness is almost equal throughout its length. The hair root acts as an extruder, a new hair cycle is needed to modify its thickness.

I assumed it was an accepted fact that hair diameter can change during anagen. In my experience, a reasonable portion of the hairs I shed are quite obviously thinner and lighter towards the root than towards the end. Especially noticable with my longer hairs that are 5+ cm long. From what I've read I'm definitely not the only one who has this. This happens in Alopecia Areata too (though a bit more extreme variation of thickness). So I'm a bit skeptical about that statement.

I don't remember where I read this, but I was under the assumption that hairs can get thinner during catagen, but the reverse is not true and that a thinner hair cannot turn into a thicker hair mid-strand.

edit: case in point, a hair that came out just now. Its total length is 5,5cm, but it's conveniently curled so that you can see both ends next to each other. You can't see the bulb on the white background, but it's on the left end (the thin one). You can clearly see the hair gradually becomes thinner as it's growing. There is no direct lighting/shadows making the one end seem thicker than the other. http://imgur.com/nOOKoJa

nate30

Reaction score
So, since it seems the forum has taken a step back in time, where were we? The stuff is still theoretically going to available in 2017 following Fidia's 6 month trial? As far as we know they're still sticking to the presumption that full clinical trials will not be necessary due to DGLA not being classified as a drug?

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
I assumed it was an accepted fact that hair diameter can change during anagen. In my experience, a reasonable portion of the hairs I shed are quite obviously thinner and lighter towards the root than towards the end. Especially noticable with my longer hairs that are 5+ cm long. From what I've read I'm definitely not the only one who has this. This happens in Alopecia Areata too (though a bit more extreme variation of thickness). So I'm a bit skeptical about that statement.

I don't remember where I read this, but I was under the assumption that hairs can get thinner during catagen, but the reverse is not true and that a thinner hair cannot turn into a thicker hair mid-strand.

edit: case in point, a hair that came out just now. Its total length is 5,5cm, but it's conveniently curled so that you can see both ends next to each other. You can't see the bulb on the white background, but it's on the left end (the thin one). You can clearly see the hair gradually becomes thinner as it's growing. There is no direct lighting/shadows making the one end seem thicker than the other. http://imgur.com/nOOKoJa

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-IT7_7-kEvJA/VmcP4pscGkI/AAAAAAAAALE/2MiqdyUfOCg/s1600/hair+scan.jpg

This is a scan hair, of a long hair, 80cm,

Scalp hair have two main axis, one greater from other.

It is possible yhat your hair is rounded and we see the two differebt axis

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
If it's coming out in December the best we can hope for are 6-month trials. With such a short sample size, it makes it less likely that we'll have convincing data.

paxis

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
If it's coming out in December the best we can hope for are 6-month trials. With such a short sample size, it makes it less likely that we'll have convincing data.

That's kinda true. But with those bold claims, even 6 month should show us something big.

RatherGoBlindThanSeeItGo

Established Member
Reaction score
Google translate tells me one of the guys on the forum called Fidia yesterday and a doctor told him they are aiming for 2017 release, and that they have no idea where october/november/december rumours are coming from. Also, apparently someone is going to try to make their own version of it.

paxis

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Google translate tells me one of the guys on the forum called Fidia yesterday and a doctor told him they are aiming for 2017 release, and that they have no idea where october/november/december rumours are coming from. Also, apparently someone is going to try to make their own version of it.

I don't need 5 years back. If this lotion could just reverse one year and maintain, it would be a cure for me. Sad thing is I have really aggressive hairloss..

Brotzu only has to be 20% right! :freak:

Jokes aside. I really hope it works. How do you guys feel about this?

rlf

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm still not sure if they can replicate the original? Is this possible in a lab, without it costing a fortune?

Norwood One

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Early 2017? Mid 2017? Late 2017?

Come on Fidia

[video=youtube;Ug88HO2mg44]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug88HO2mg44[/video]

- - - Updated - - -

Never realized in the 90s as a kid one of the backstreet boys were receding pretty bad.

The things we see and realize when we start losing our own hair lol.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score

Yes the pattern is interesting. But isn't it interesting too how hair grows in infants? It's pretty much the other way around. The hair at the frontoparietal and frontal regions sometimes grows in last. Also they tend to have 1 follicular units first which progress later to 2-3-4. That's why they have silky hair in the beginning and not much coverage. In Androgenetic Alopecia it's exactly the other way around very often. Progresses to 1 follicular units, and hair loss often starts and the frontoparietal and frontal regions.

What I find interesting also is the following observation;

Eunuchs retain their hair when castrated prepubertally obviously. Now you take one older eunuch and one young eunuch. Both are NW1's. You inject them both with androgens. The older eunuchs tend to lose their hair extremely rapidly while the younger way more slowly. Why? Cells weaker with old age and more susceptible to stress/damage? I don't know.

So much for hair loss not being a sign of aging.

Mr White

Established Member
Reaction score
Hurry up, Fidia!

- - - Updated - - -

I don't need 5 years back. If this lotion could just reverse one year and maintain, it would be a cure for me. Sad thing is I have really aggressive hairloss..

Brotzu only has to be 20% right! :freak:

Jokes aside. I really hope it works. How do you guys feel about this?

I'm pretty sure it works. My only fear is that some greedy executive from Fidia will sell this to some obscure company and it will never see the light of day. :(

paxis

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it works. My only fear is that some greedy executive from Fidia will sell this to some obscure company and it will never see the light of day. :(

If it actually works but we are not getting access to it, I am going to kill that person on my own. But I guess this won't be a/the problem.

Maybe the price. But I would do a hairtransplant anyway when I am older, so this isn't that much of a problem for me either.

Just can't believe it works and everything is just over. I mean I have serious hairloss only for 1 year now, but others who are longer her in this forum have seen a lot of disapointment.

It has some really good signs tho. Hope my bubbles won't be bursted.