Italian Hair Loss Lotion To Hit The Market In 2016

resu

Reaction score
Asian men are the few ones that report great regrowth results from drugs, could be either way.

Dragonborn

Reaction score
This is an internal study, not a registered clinical trial.
So they are the ones deciding on the duration, details and intricacies of the trials themselves. Which has its own downsides and upsides.
I am much more interested in the duration of their trial. I don't remember that being mentioned here.

ReasonableMan

Reaction score
Do hope we get some more trial results soon. It's great that this has popped up pretty much out of nowhere.

The 5 years of loss thing can't even be close to accurate though. Why 5 years? I've been on propecia for at least 8 years - could the propecia not have been preventing some of those older hairs from miniturising themselves into oblivion? It could be that there are barely visible hairs that have been that way for a decade, kept somewhat alive by propecia and just waiting for a catalyst.

This is likely to be 2017 now then rather than this year?

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do hope we get some more trial results soon. It's great that this has popped up pretty much out of nowhere.

The 5 years of loss thing can't even be close to accurate though. Why 5 years? I've been on propecia for at least 8 years - could the propecia not have been preventing some of those older hairs from miniturising themselves into oblivion? It could be that there are barely visible hairs that have been that way for a decade, kept somewhat alive by propecia and just waiting for a catalyst.

This is likely to be 2017 now then rather than this year?

I for one don't hope the results come out "soon", I hope we see both 6-month and 12-month results, which will be more meaningful.

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay so I've done a bit more research on the methodology of specific ingredients within this treatment and I have to say, I am very impressed and equally surprised that this product has never been attempted before. It seems that this product is a combination of an extremely powerful/targeted vasilodative agent (which helps solve micro-circulation related hair loss, such as Telogen Effluvium, Thyroid, and Immune issues) and S-equol, which binds to DHT rather than 5ar2. The reason topical S-equol has never been successful seems to be because both the price and the lack of penetrative ability. Brotzu's original patent was for a new liposomal penetration technique so this seems to be what makes the vasilodative and DHT binding action so successful. I could go on for pages just discussing the fantastic potential of S-equol in androgen related ailments, but I'll just say that I'm VERY exited for this. And to address his claims of reversing 5 years of hair loss, this could most likely be attributed to the vasilodative properties and may suggest that these hairs would be treatment dependent. Another FANTASTIC effect is that S-equol has never been shown to trip a feedback loop such hyperandrogenism. Also of note is that S-equol is under clinical development for hot flashes(caused by post-menopausal androgen production) and benign prostatic hyperplasia (caused by androgens in middle-late age men). This certainly doesn't seem to be a snake oil treatment in the vein of Kelopesia.

- - - Updated - - -

And I'd like to add that in all likelihood, this will do nothing for slick bald people.

tsuken

Reaction score
Okay so I've done a bit more research on the methodology of specific ingredients within this treatment and I have to say, I am very impressed and equally surprised that this product has never been attempted before. It seems that this product is a combination of an extremely powerful/targeted vasilodative agent (which helps solve micro-circulation related hair loss, such as Telogen Effluvium, Thyroid, and Immune issues) and S-equol, which binds to DHT rather than 5ar2. The reason topical S-equol has never been successful seems to be because both the price and the lack of penetrative ability. Brotzu's original patent was for a new liposomal penetration technique so this seems to be what makes the vasilodative and DHT binding action so successful. I could go on for pages just discussing the fantastic potential of S-equol in androgen related ailments, but I'll just say that I'm VERY exited for this. And to address his claims of reversing 5 years of hair loss, this could most likely be attributed to the vasilodative properties and may suggest that these hairs would be treatment dependent. Another FANTASTIC effect is that S-equol has never been shown to trip a feedback loop such hyperandrogenism. Also of note is that S-equol is under clinical development for hot flashes(caused by post-menopausal androgen production) and benign prostatic hyperplasia (caused by androgens in middle-late age men). This certainly doesn't seem to be a snake oil treatment in the vein of Kelopesia.

- - - Updated - - -

And I'd like to add that in all likelihood, this will do nothing for slick bald people.

Why not? Can you argue this point?

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why not? Can you argue this point?
The absence of DHT doesn't repair the damage already done to hair follicles. As far as I know, a timely increase in Estrogen is one of the only things that can aid in reversing hair loss caused by androgens.

NorwoodGuardian

Established Member
Reaction score
The absence of DHT doesn't repair the damage already done to hair follicles. As far as I know, a timely increase in Estrogen is one of the only things that can aid in reversing hair loss caused by androgens.

Never mind we will have Follica, SM, Histogen to wake them up and even a small hair transplant for low Norwood people.

Mr White

Established Member
Reaction score

- - - Updated - - -

Ok guys, this is exciting!

Let's keep our eyes open and don't forget to post on this forum as soon as the lotion hits the market.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, so it won't regrow a full head of hair. If, however, it prevents further hairloss, I will be more than happy to try it.

Solomon

Established Member
Reaction score

Hey,

I was taking very low dose of finasteride (0.1mg e5d) and it gave me gyno. Now I don't take it anymore. I'm scared that S-equol will do the same. Can you say something about this?

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey,

I was taking very low dose of finasteride (0.1mg e5d) and it gave me gyno. Now I don't take it anymore. I'm scared that S-equol will do the same. Can you say something about this?
As far as I know, gyno is caused by the higher levels of Estrogen caused by the inhibition of 5ar2. 5ar2 is not inhibited by S-equol so I doubt gyno would be a side effect.

drgs_not_hugs

Reaction score
Could S-equol's tendency to bind to DHT be an explanation for the lack of facial hair in asian populations? As we know, facial hair developement is stimulated by the presence of DHT. This being combined with the fact that more asians produce S-equol than any other race leads me to suspect a causation.

Doesnt stop them from losing hair

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Doesnt stop them from losing hair
Not all asians produce equol. Only around 50% actually. The researcher that discovered much of what we know about Equol today told PinotQ from the other forum that equol would be best applied in a topical formulation if the desired effect is to combat hair loss. When applied locally, it theoretically should protect the AR in the scalp from dht by proactively binding to it, provided there is sufficient penetration.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Fidia is a respected company in Italy?

So we can only have this lotion in 2017?

Yes, the thread title needs to be changed.

- - - Updated - - -

Excellent post.

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
so why can't someone just make this formula using a known transdermal delivery vehicle such as isopropyl myristate and S-Equol? Seems like you'd just mix the two and start applying no?
S-equol is very hard to find froma reputable source. And I would recommend you follow his exact cationic delivery method. If you're able to get all the ingredients that would be fantastic if you could try it out for us.

potato87

Established Member
Reaction score
Not really any information but nice to know things are underway, I simply asked if the trial had started and if any associated time scales has been considered...

Dear POTATOUSERNAM <-Changed

Fidia just began a clinical trial, with a defined protocol, focusing on a specific formulation suitable for industrial scaling-up.

Regretfully, we are not able to figure out in advance the formulation’s effectiveness and tolerability, that shall be demonstrated during the trial, with statistical significance and clinical relevance.

Neither exact launch plans nor time-to-market priorities have been defined for the product yet.

We will keep you abreast of the company’s future steps in this concern.

Please, do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions on the subject.

Cordially yours.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
It would be good to know how long the trial is expected to be and how many test subjects there are.