My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there a moderator in the house?

8971011.jpg

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
no, you are just negative and kind of obsessive about it,

If I were obsessively negative I wouldn't feel positive about Dr. Tsuji's technology but I do.

Almost all of the treatments being developed have one (or more) of three possible problems:

1. Some won't grow any more hair than already available treatments.

2. Some won't come to market until after Tsuji's treatment comes to market and once Tsuji's treatment comes to market we won't need those other treatments.

3. Some are so secretive we can't tell what's going on with them because we aren't getting enough information (Follica for example)

In my view, our best chance (besides Tsuji's tech) is Dr. Wesley's Pilofocus. So Pilofocus is another treatment I feel positive about.

Last edited:

Beowulf

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
THIS IS OFFICIALLY NOW A ROLE PLAY THREAD EVERYONE CHOOSE YOUR CHARACTERS

I AM COTSARELIS NOBLE WARRIOR OF THE FOLLICA TRIBE

"HAND OVER THE LOTION BROTZU. WITH YOUR KNOWLEDGE OF HYPE AND MY POWERS OF DERMABRASION WE SHALL MAKE EVERYONE WAIT ANOTHER 10 YEARS AND THEN RULE THE WORLD!"

InfamousOne

My Regimen
Reaction score
Really wish they will announce something soon regarding this. About 2 months ago, my barber told me my crown was thinning but 'it might just grow like that'. Since then, I've basically become obsessed with taking pictures of it (because I can't see it otherwise)... and honestly, the day he told me, I compared the pictures I took that day to ones I had earlier (from around 1-2 years ago) and they looked very similar. Since that day, I've been thinking about it non-stop, have noticed the balding 'itch' I guess, probably due to the stress of me constantly thinking about it and it has progressed more in these last 2 months than it has over the last 2 years!

I don't know if it's because I'm using random 'natural' topical applications hoping to halt or delay it and that is causing all of the weak and thin hairs to fall out without regrowth, as I've been rubbing that area non-stop hoping to get some circulation or something there. But whatever the case, I was better off with the barber not telling me. As in the last 2 months I've lost more ground than I've lost in the last 2 years, let alone how the negatives of knowing and constantly thinking about it is affecting my confidence.

InfamousOne

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol, fullheads' problems, my worries is that the 300 hairs I have covering my nearly bald crown stay in place so I don't look like a monk.

Consider yourself lucky.

It's all relative. My entire life I've *never* been concerned about balding in the least. My dad is almost bald (huge crown loss, still has the hairs in the front). From what I know my mom's dad was bald. I'm 24, and didn't care the slightest about going bald. I was assuming it would happen in my late 30's. In my late 30's, I would have gracefully accepted going bald. The problem is, I'm 24 and barely anyone around me is balding. Most men my age still have all their hairs, and the women around my age *expect* hair. I didn't think it was a big issue until my 'friend' decides to text me and tell me his GF's friends were talking about balding being a dealbreaker. Definitely shouldn't have told him my crown was thinning as he spends every waking second telling me how much of a turn off it is for girls.

It just sucks because, in hindsight, before my barber told me (well, the day of) it wasn't that bad at all. If he didn't tell me, no one would have pointed it out. I would have lived life blissful in ignorance and would have been way happier for it. Since he told me, I became obsessed, every workout when I have to lay on a bench I'm paranoid about people looking at it. Every second of every day I feel the balding 'itch', which I never felt earlier, until my barber told me. Knowing about it really screwed over my quality of life in the last 2 months. I didn't think balding was that big of a deal to girls, but I guess maybe I'm wrong? Especially at 24. I have my barber to blame for accelerating the problem, I should probably switch barbers lol. It all started because he asked me the haircut I wanted, "the usual?", I'm like "No, I'm trying to grow it out a bit to see how I look with long hair before I go bald", that innocent comment turned into "I don't think you're going bald... it's just thinner back here." Which spiralled everything, how different my life would have been had I not made that comment, lol.

InfamousOne

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, welcome to the nightmare of everyone here.

On the bright side, at least we're all in this together right? I really wish I could know how I would look bald, without having to go bald. The last thing I want to do is to shave my head bald to see how it looks, only to wait 4-6 months to get my hair back to where it is right now and see that my hairloss has progressed to the point where I have to shave my head bald, lol.

growssj3

Established Member
Reaction score
To be honest this will be the last thing I will try. Went from Norwood 1/2 to diffuse 3 in one year even WITH finasteride. I tried every sh*t ...

Buzz cut in 2017 or Brotzu

tzt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
On the bright side, at least we're all in this together right? I really wish I could know how I would look bald, without having to go bald. The last thing I want to do is to shave my head bald to see how it looks, only to wait 4-6 months to get my hair back to where it is right now and see that my hairloss has progressed to the point where I have to shave my head bald, lol.
congrats for the 4000 th message in this thread. you should be awarded.

Mr White

Established Member
Reaction score
I have great faith in this new treatment but I have to admit I'm getting a bit impatient. Why so much testing and waiting for a topical cosmetic?!

Ikkaku

Established Member
Reaction score
If this traitment were available three years ago................... My life would have been different.

paxis

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Imo they are doing everything professional. I would do the same even though I hate it right now. They clearly seperate theirself from snake oilers that claim bullshit without evidence. Trials and decent before & afters are so important.

Still, i also wish it would be on the market already cause my hair doesnt care about their marketing intelligence!

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
That DGLA could also be converted into arachidonic acid, and then to PGH2 by COX1/COX2, and then to PGD2 by the highly upregulated PGD2 synthase in balding scalp. :D

So here's a question for those who have been following this...Has Brotzu demonstrated what proportion of that DGLA is converted into PGE1, PGD2, PGE2, leukotrienes, and so on?

Made this point back in the prehistoric days around page 40. Afaik the trial was done with PGE1 and people seem to think DGLA is basically the same thing.

I think Brotzu said they achieved the same results with DGLA. Which is lucky, because if they had to use PGE1, like in the trial, this wouldn't be a cosmetic.

InfamousOne

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't see how this lotion could prevent further hair loss, or regrow 5 years of hair based on what we know so far. The fact that it works on Alopecia Areata, and the way it was discovered (rubbed on patients arms, noticed regrowth, tried on people's heads) signals it's more of a growth stimulant like minoxidil than a DHT blocker.

Alopecia Areata and Androgenetic Alopecia are completely different. If this worked as the Dr. is making it seem (stops hair loss, regrow 5 years), then it should be at least a very strong DHT blocker. If that was the case, this shouldn't be working as well on Alopecia Areata, and definitely should not have been growing hairs on peoples arms as DHT causes that, blocking it would be a negative environment for hair growth on the arm. Seems that however this lotion works, it's a stimulant like minoxidil, which was even found a similar way. It's strange that he reports no shedding though, hopefully it is both a stimulant and a preventative measure.

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't see how this lotion could prevent further hair loss, or regrow 5 years of hair based on what we know so far. The fact that it works on Alopecia Areata, and the way it was discovered (rubbed on patients arms, noticed regrowth, tried on people's heads) signals it's more of a growth stimulant like minoxidil than a DHT blocker.

Alopecia Areata and Androgenetic Alopecia are completely different. If this worked as the Dr. is making it seem (stops hair loss, regrow 5 years), then it should be at least a very strong DHT blocker. If that was the case, this shouldn't be working as well on Alopecia Areata, and definitely should not have been growing hairs on peoples arms as DHT causes that, blocking it would be a negative environment for hair growth on the arm. Seems that however this lotion works, it's a stimulant like minoxidil, which was even found a similar way. It's strange that he reports no shedding though, hopefully it is both a stimulant and a preventative measure.

It works in two ways.

S-equol is a dht blocker which is contained in some way to stop systematic absorbtion.

DLGA is then a growth stimulant like minoxidil.

Both are in the lotion.