It Begins. I purchased all the items for the SwissTemple Prostaglandin Protocol. Wish

brohawk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i wish people would stop spreading this mis information about minoxidil it is such fear mongering.

I am 45 years old I have bene on Minoxidil 5% since November.

My skin looks amazing, i dont have a puffy face I dont have destroyed collagen.

I am not going to debate this happens or not but I put my skin against most 35 year old women.

Its just not truthful to spread this misinformation.

I think IF people are getting bloating they are probably either
1. allergic to it or
2. over-dosing.

I have NO beef for you NOT wanting to use it and try/use the alternatives since after all it is a blood pressure medicine and not right for everyone BUT you seriously have 20-somethings on the forum terrified to try the stuff because their skin 'might' age. And I seriously doubt its truthful.
I mean i have good skin and DNA but how would I, at my age be resistant an 'aging' medication?_-I wouldn't be.

It's not misinformation, and the only proof you're providing otherwise is anecdotal, personal experience, SINCE NOVEMBER. Sure, some, maybe many, don't experience or just don't notice a bloated face, even though renal retention of sodium and water is a KNOWN side effect of vasodilators. Minoxidil's effect on collagen production is also pretty f*****g true: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8844127 And we also know for a fact that the results are temporary; any new hair grown with minoxidil falls out when treatment is discontinued. So, where's the misinformation??

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's not misinformation, and the only proof you're providing otherwise is anecdotal, personal experience, SINCE NOVEMBER. Sure, some, maybe many, don't experience or just don't notice a bloated face, even though renal retention of sodium and water is a KNOWN side effect of vasodilators. Minoxidil's effect on collagen production is also pretty f*****g true: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8844127 And we also know for a fact that the results are temporary; any new hair grown with minoxidil falls out when treatment is discontinued. So, where's the misinformation??

In rats...we know it in rats.

Kev123

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I must admit I remained unconvinced until the last update, and I'm surprised this hasn't generated more excitement. Agree on the crowdfunding idea.

I've said it so many times before and people don't really believe me or they say there's a big market for it: not many people are excited about maintaining. They certainly aren't as excited as some people are predicting they would be with a "maintaining" product.

Sure, the excitement gets blunted also because of the price. But you are right, if maintaining is what people want, this thread should be blowing up more than Brotzu thread.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've said it so many times before and people don't really believe me or they say there's a big market for it: not many people are excited about maintaining. They certainly aren't as excited as some people are predicting they would be with a "maintaining" product.

Sure, the excitement gets blunted also because of the price. But you are right, if maintaining is what people want, this thread should be blowing up more than Brotzu thread.

I would be happy to maintain

I would be THRILLED for more regrowth

I think people underestimate the importance of maintaining.

Kev123

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Maintaining isn't important to me because i've maintained an NW2 for 1.5 years which is not what i've wanted. I want regrowth, rethickening, I want vellus hairs to turn to terminal hairs. The next big thing being a maintaining product would be a big downer for me.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maintaining isn't important to me because i've maintained an NW2 for 1.5 years which is not what i've wanted. I want regrowth, rethickening, I want vellus hairs to turn to terminal hairs. The next big thing being a maintaining product would be a big downer for me.

I think Brotzu may realistically be a for maintaining with little regrowth.
I think Replicel, folica will be regrowth/new growth.

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score

Maintaining is maybe nice for a NW0-1.5, but if you already have that bald spots like a Norwood 3 or more maintaining that ugly crap doesn't matter anymore...
So anything else than regrow/reverse or call it whatever you want is just crap for a lot of people that are already beyond NW2, don't want to take drugs or have a hair transplant for many reasons.

Maintaining would be good if there would be a possibility of cloning hairs and filling those spots that couldn't have been maintained..

Min0

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
guys i know exactly what people who lost a lot of hair already think about maintenance research and treatments.
but don't forget that we will always need a maintenance treatment instead of finasteride. even if we come up with follicle replication technology.
and we do now already need it after transplants.

so please understand that this is not an obstacle in your road to hair and happiness.

Last edited:

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
guys i know exactly what people who lost a lot of hair already think about maintenance research and treatments.
but don't forget that we will always need a maintenance treatment instead of finasteride. even if we come up with follicle replication technology.
and we do now already need it after transplants.

so please understand that this is not an obstacle in your road to hair and happyness.

But İF there will be any replication/cloning technology one day in the future we HAVE to let fall out all the "bad/dht non-resistent/thinning" areas to fill them up with the new technology or we do have to use something like replicel/follica/lotzu or whatever for a lifetime just like finasteride or Min without or less sides.

At the moment we don't know if there ever would be anything like Tsuji promises, so mantaining thin hairs and bald spots is not the perfect state..

Min0

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But İF there will be any replication/cloning technology one day in the future we HAVE to let fall out all the "bad/dht non-resistent/thinning" areas to fill them up with the new technology or we do have to use something like replicel/follica/lotzu or whatever for a lifetime just like finasteride or Min without or less sides.

At the moment we don't know if there ever would be anything like Tsuji promises, so mantaining thin hairs and bald spots is not the perfect state..
Tsuji is saying that the cloned hair have the same life cycle as the original one.
and we all know that with age, even doner area gets thinner, so yeah, sideless maintenance will always be needed.

oye_rg

Established Member
Reaction score
Good stuff mate. I am in the same boat as you with exactly the same hairline, temples and crown. Diffuse thinner. I am on Big3 since about 2.5 years now and the slick bald temples now have terminal but v thin hair about 2-3mm long - pretty much identical to your new hair. Took about 1-2 years to start showing some results there. They kinda grow in the way you described (forest marching)

My theory is that the miniaturisation that took years is basically reversing, so I am going back in time. The speed is slow and probably depends on the treatments, so you are going at double the rate than me as your regimen is more aggressive.

The biggest challenge is the smaller the hair, the longer they take to grow. Kinda going from grade 1 to 2 takes longer than from 2 to 3 and so on. It seems exponential when it comes to reversing miniaturisation.

Persistence is the key. All the best!

brohawk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Show me a Doctor who confirms this.
https://www.realself.com/question/melbourne-fl-minoxodil-skin-age-faster

Yet to find any reputable dermatologist or surgeon confirm this 'study'.

Show me a Doctor who actually knows more than jack sh*t about Androgenetic Alopecia. Your link just shows your typical doctor/dermatologist's "knowledge" on the subject, whereas I've just given you two actual studies showing minoxidil DOES inhibit collagen production, i.e. skin aging. You'll find plenty more studies if you're interested in researching it yourself. But listen, you're welcome to use it all you want, many others do. Just don't go accusing me of posting misinformation. If anything, you're the one guilty of doing so by dismissing said studies.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Show me a Doctor who actually knows more than jack sh*t about Androgenetic Alopecia. Your link just shows your typical doctor/dermatologist's "knowledge" on the subject, whereas I've just given you two actual studies showing minoxidil DOES inhibit collagen production, i.e. skin aging. You'll find plenty more studies if you're interested in researching it yourself. But listen, you're welcome to use it all you want, many others do. Just don't go accusing me of posting misinformation. If anything, you're the one guilty of doing so by dismissing said studies.

Yes, but does topical minoxidil actually inhibit collagen in a systemic manner?

I don't care if my crown wrinkles.

brohawk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, but does topical minoxidil actually inhibit collagen in a systemic manner?

I don't care if my crown wrinkles.

Under normal circumstances, systemic absorption of topical minoxidil is pretty minimal: https://www.drugs.com/sfx/minoxidil-topical-side-effects.html But when it goes systemic, yes, as it actually inhibits lysyl hydroxylase, and thus collagen production throughout your body. So you're not only aging your skin, you're also f*****g your joints, tendons, ligaments, gut, corneas, you name it.

Moral of the story: don't apply minoxidil if your scalp has any cuts, scabs, rashes, SD, after wounding, etc. If you're feeling chest pain, lightheadedness, blurred vision, or other vasodilator-type symptoms, know that it's likely going systemic then too. I totally feel the same as you re: crown wrinkles, but I'd suggest that if you use it, keep it to your scalp and off your actual face.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Under normal circumstances, systemic absorption of topical minoxidil is pretty minimal: https://www.drugs.com/sfx/minoxidil-topical-side-effects.html But when it goes systemic, yes, as it actually inhibits lysyl hydroxylase, and thus collagen production throughout your body. So you're not only aging your skin, you're also f*****g your joints, tendons, ligaments, gut, corneas, you name it.

Moral of the story: don't apply minoxidil if your scalp has any cuts, scabs, rashes, SD, after wounding, etc. If you're feeling chest pain, lightheadedness, blurred vision, or other vasodilator-type symptoms, know that it's likely going systemic then too. I totally feel the same as you re: crown wrinkles, but I'd suggest that if you use it, keep it to your scalp and off your actual face.

Ok man thanks for sharing me.

I use 1 ml a day of 5% liquid, at least it's a low dose.

I hope that the 2018 treatments are good enough for me to quit.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Its not about androgenic alopecia its about monitoring patients skin for aging.

where are the blown away aged before/after pics?

You can put up all the studies you want, studies are not actual proof...where is the photo proof that is not just swelling from heart medicine over dosing?

Studies are often flawed.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
. But listen, you're welcome to use it all you want, many others do. Just don't go accusing me of posting misinformation. If anything, you're the one guilty of doing so by dismissing said studies.

You honestly took this way too personal.

Studies are not photo proof before after of aged skin in a reasonable time period to know it is not from normal chronological time period. OR to know it is not from over use of the medicine to create temporary swelling and redness that fades with discontinued use.

agree to disagree.

westonci

Experienced Member
Reaction score
man you deserve a fundraising, if i wasn't a broke student with -1200 in the bank i would've definitely donated something.
why don't you start one ?

That would be really awesome, especially if it would help me hit 2g daily (am barely able to afford 1g daily but im managing it)

2g is where the real growth is. Im already noticing the vellus hairs growing more robustly at 1g vs when I was doing 500mg.

Problem is that people will start thinking Im doing this for money.

Perhaps we can work something out with HairLossTalk.com admins and all crowdsourced money goes directly to them and they can send the money to Kane, that way their is no conflict of interest.

Last edited: