Is Testosterone More Harmful Than Dht On The Frontal Scalp And Hairline?

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah... I’m not using estrogen lol. When I was on 2.5mg Dutasteride, it triggered gyno for me.. and I still lost hair. I workout and Dutasteride does seem to interfere with that at my higher dosage. The gyno issue just ruins you aesthetically and I put on a lot of stomach fat from it too.
More power to you if you can fathom bordering a female hormone profile. I’m just not going to be able to accept that especially when I have sexual sides still from only dutasteride. Anything else would just ruin me
I understand as you are male after all. I just found that people reacted to me much better as Janey but my male form is much improved too. I post pictures of both sides of me often and all of this has been a dream. If God(dess) offered you a whole second like as an attractive female or an unattractive male, it is an interesting choice so I am just letting this lead me forward but male or female, the improvement to hair and face but with big tits, is stark to me. At first you have to work through the humiliation as all males are socialized not to want to be female:("You guys are all playing like a bunch of girls") from the get-go in sports and formerly in the military: (Are you a steer or a queer?").

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah... I’m not using estrogen lol. When I was on 2.5mg Dutasteride, it triggered gyno for me.. and I still lost hair. I workout and Dutasteride does seem to interfere with that at my higher dosage. The gyno issue just ruins you aesthetically and I put on a lot of stomach fat from it too.
More power to you if you can fathom bordering a female hormone profile. I’m just not going to be able to accept that especially when I have sexual sides still from only dutasteride. Anything else would just ruin me
What were ur results like

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everybody
I have minoxidil 5% solution
I want to mix dutasteride,finasteride,RU
Which of this 3 shull i use in the minoxidil solution?
I have use before finasteride 1mg pills with low sideeffect
I would hold off on the RU if you are just starting out. You probably only need one or the other between duta and finasteride. I used both together for a while but it didn't seem to make a difference.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

David123r

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would hold off on the RU if you are just starting out. You probably only need one or the other between duta and finasteride. I used both together for a while but it didn't seem to make a difference.
I am also thinking about finasteride or dutasteride since i am New to this product do I need to use the finasteride topical 1a day and the dutasteride topical every other day?

Last edited:

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It can be found on Amazon for not too much monetarily, it seems but it's hard to get access to ingredients and strength for this vendor. There's a reason why everyone knows about min and finasteride. They work much better than RU.

don’t use this brand— it’s trash.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am also thinking about finasteride or dutasteride since i am New to this product do I need to use the finasteride topical 1 days and the dutasteride topical every other day?
Don't bother with the topicals unless you are a non-responder or can mixed them up much more cheaply as you don't need to re-invent the wheel. I would take 1mg or so of finasteride starting out and then titrate upwards or downwards. I would use min once a day topically and once a day orally for maximum effects.

David123r

My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't bother with the topicals unless you are a non-responder or can mixed them up much more cheaply as you don't need to re-invent the wheel. I would take 1mg or so of finasteride starting out and then titrate upwards or downwards. I would use min once a day topically and once a day orally for maximum effects.
Thanks

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
My experience as well.

I have very low DHT from dutasteride.

Yet, I have very high T since less T is converted to dutasteride and I always was naturally high T.

My hairline is sh*t, but the remainder hair is very, very strong and healthy.

No matter what I do, I cannot recover hairline. Temples are gone.

Hair transplant is the only way.
You can hope that RU and minoxidil/microneedling can revive your temple corners. But it’s extremely hard, and that’s even with estrogen

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I ordered RU recently, when it arrives I will begin the experiment. Dermaneedling my trichologist recommended to be careful with as overdoing it can cause scar tissue which will prevent hair follicles from growing so I'm doing only 1x in 2 weeks. If RU at 100mg daily does not recover hairline along with oral minoxidil I'm taking, then literally nothing else I can do apart from getting hair transplant. I'm not nuking my testosterone. Will rather pay for a transplant and be done with it.
If you have extremely high fringe patterns with no diffuse thinning than transplants can be amazing. Very few seem to have that, though.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I have a typical NW2.5, strong recessed temples, but all the other hair is very thick. dutasteride thickened the rest of the hair, but hairline wasn't saved. After Corona I hope to get hair transplant from one of the top docs in the world and hopefully live the rest of my life as a happy NW1.
Yes. You probably only need what I call refinements in the front and they are good at this now although apparently less hair survives transfer than with the larger grafts (we used to call them plugs but yuck to that term!). Hair plucking studies and microneeding provide clues as to why larger grafts take better. It has to do with follicle cross-talk between the moved grafts and the new ones. Rob Winter has written about this I believe.

Ziggyz123

Established Member
Reaction score
How would you compare finasteride vs. duta 0.5 vs. duta 2.5 ?
It is superior. It gave me side effects though. You will try and find words and struggle with that brain fog and erectile function is definitely way way worse.. it helped more than .5mg for my inflammation though and allowed my hair to be concealable even with an undercut. So I’d say it’s def better, but you need to keep estradiol in check somehow

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It is superior. It gave me side effects though. You will try and find words and struggle with that brain fog and erectile function is definitely way way worse.. it helped more than .5mg for my inflammation though and allowed my hair to be concealable even with an undercut. So I’d say it’s def better, but you need to keep estradiol in check somehow
In check in terms of what? Raising or lowering?

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

If dutasteride triggered gyno for you then absolutely you don't need it, your systemic estrogen is doing well enough.

I -still- have zero f'n signs of gyno and I've been rocking the estrogel for a bit now, my stomach isn't lean anymore but I don't really give a sh*t about that.

I've always been able to tolerate higher levels of estrogen without gyno, it's all relative, as I say, some men are androgen insensitive, and thus they cannot get "enough" out of the effects of testosterone and often those men age poorly unless they take TRT or steroids.

Typically androgen insensitive men have a higher likelihood of not having serious hair sensitivities to test or DHT either. If you're androgen sensitive, well think about it this way, you may have to have a hormonal profile that favors estrogen, but the simple fact of the matter is, if your body gets more out of testosterone, then what difference does it make?

I've been having to use quite a deal of estrogel on my scalp already, and I'm not really seeing the exceptionally negative sides of using it, but it has absolutely helped out my skin and scalp.

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In check in terms of what? Raising or lowering?

Depends on your liver and your hormone clearance rate.

My liver clears out hormones quickly it seems, I know some people however, that for example giving them supplements to increase methylation does not improve their estrogen clearance because their liver is the mitigating factor.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
If dutasteride triggered gyno for you then absolutely you don't need it, your systemic estrogen is doing well enough.

I -still- have zero f'n signs of gyno and I've been rocking the estrogel for a bit now, my stomach isn't lean anymore but I don't really give a sh*t about that.

I've always been able to tolerate higher levels of estrogen without gyno, it's all relative, as I say, some men are androgen insensitive, and thus they cannot get "enough" out of the effects of testosterone and often those men age poorly unless they take TRT or steroids.

Typically androgen insensitive men have a higher likelihood of not having serious hair sensitivities to test or DHT either. If you're androgen sensitive, well think about it this way, you may have to have a hormonal profile that favors estrogen, but the simple fact of the matter is, if your body gets more out of testosterone, then what difference does it make?

I've been having to use quite a deal of estrogel on my scalp already, and I'm not really seeing the exceptionally negative sides of using it, but it has absolutely helped out my skin and scalp.
You can't stay gone and you know it plus we like having people who write at length some times and you are a good guy.

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well I appreciate it, and I do genuinely wish to help others.

This is just solving the hair loss riddle 2.0 for me.

SausageDawg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

What’s your body type like mate? (if you don’t mind me asking that is lol) tall/small slim/thick hairy/not hairy etc.