Is Hairloss The Worst You Experience In Your Life So Far?

Bklyn_23

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not as bad as the clinical depression I endured earlier in life, or the death of my grandparents, but after that it probably is, yeah. It definitely has caused me the most cumulative stress/distress.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
@justinbieberscombover You still taking finasteride after your hair transplants? Thanks for your overall story. I'm trying to follow your example. I laid the groundwork in 2018 (started to take gym seriously) but this year I'm trying to lose more fat to really show the muscles I worked on and will start taking finasteride. Hearing your story gave me faith.
Good luck man! And no, at NW5 I was too far gone and I thought there was no point to take finasteride and risk my sexual function anymore. I still have donor for more transplants so I'll probably get another one in 5-10 years down the road when I lose my remaining follicles.

Sonolmn98

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
To be honest yes. And I had a rough life...schizophrenic psychotic at age 18-22 but at least I always had the hope of entering remission, which I did.

There is no remission for a nw6.
There is a cure I went from nw3 to nw0

Baldingat188

Reaction score
The thing with balding is it won’t be the worst experience . Trauma will come in and out of your life and terrible and great things are bound to happen to everyone. The thing with balding is it is always there lurking ever present. It never goes away. Sometimes it will seep into the shadows and you will almost forget about it.... but eventually it will resurface .

Cowboys fan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No, I'd say it takes a back seat to getting food poisoning and almost dying, being whacked in the side of the head with a fireplace poker at a party, and being shot at while trying to outrun some banditos in Mexico. But for the most part, life's been good. And, I dodged the baldness bullet until I got older to where it doesn't make any difference now.
How old did u get to where balding didn't make. Difference to u?

Falsenine

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes. I say this since I had a lot of problems, I had two torsion surgeries in each of my testes(balls). For those of you who don’t know, it’s a condition where the blood supply to your testicle gets twisted with the spermatic cord rendering the balls at risk of dying and is considered an absolute emergency. Luckily, I survived and they both have been saved. I also had to go through a surgery for a hernia. Some of these surgeries happened during senior high school. They were terrible, yes but now they’re a distant memory now. I moved on.

Losing my hair on the other hand is something you’d expect not to care too much about it and never think that it’ll happen to you but only when it does, will you appreciate how damaging it can be. It has ruined my self-esteem, made me lose interest in everything, go through depression.
It’s always there in the back of my mind, I actually look at some of the balding guys in my college, and when they started to bald, they became depressed, anti-social and you can feel the sadness in their eyes.

The thing is, no one will understand until it happens to them, normies think any bald guy can have a transplant and he’ll get the thickest hair ever. Sadly, it doesn’t work like that.

Dutchie

Established Member
Reaction score
For me its been the worst. Its definitely number 1.
I have also been diagnosed with irritable bowl syndrome, and that takes a close 2nd

karatekid

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For me its been the worst. Its definitely number 1.
I have also been diagnosed with irritable bowl syndrome, and that takes a close 2nd
wow dude, are you me?
same first and second worst things my life.

But I wont stop till I solve both of those issues, this is my life goal.

Cowboys fan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How old did u get to where balding didn't make. Difference to u?
I've been dealing with it for over 30 years and every day I still hate it . And.beleive me.ive tried not giving a.sh*t . And it doesn't last.long . I must be the older minority

Dutchie

Established Member
Reaction score
wow dude, are you me?
same first and second worst things my life.

But I wont stop till I solve both of those issues, this is my life goal
Do you have IDS-D or IBS-C??

There are some supplements you can take to make your life better:

Rifaximin (get a doctor's prescription)
Align probiotic
Regular probiotics

karatekid

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you have IDS-D or IBS-C??

There are some supplements you can take to make your life better:

Rifaximin (get a doctor's prescription)
Align probiotic
Regular probiotics
Im not sure what those types are actually. This syndrome really refer to wide range of symptoms and it's very individual. different people will suffer from different problems and respond to different treaments.
Rifaximin wont help me. I tried probiotic, didnt help either. Tried all kind of other stuff but nothing really does anything to me.
Im still doing tests and try all kinds of treaments, I wont stop till I solve this or at least dramatically reduce its effect.

btw if you manage to somehow get over this condition then why you still consider this as worst thing in your life?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Having a psychotic break and turning schizophrenic was the worst experience of my life, hearing voices 24/7 is not fun...balding is second on the list.

Dutchie

Established Member
Reaction score
Im not sure what those types are actually. This syndrome really refer to wide range of symptoms and it's very individual. different people will suffer from different problems and respond to different treaments.
Rifaximin wont help me. I tried probiotic, didnt help either. Tried all kind of other stuff but nothing really does anything to me.
Im still doing tests and try all kinds of treaments, I wont stop till I solve this or at least dramatically reduce its effect.

btw if you manage to somehow get over this condition then why you still consider this as worst thing in your life?
Good question, I've managed to reduce the symptoms substantially but I still dont feel I'm 100% cured.
The symptoms still linger a bit. I can't eat certain foods without triggering them, so I have to strictly follow the FODMAP diet.
When the day comes I can eat whatever I want without stomach bloating, is the day I know I am cured.
For me the worst foods are spicy ones. Food or candy with lots of sugar in it. Gluten-rich foods and processed foods

vinnievandall

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My parents starved and beated my so hard untill child protection took action and placed me somwhere else. I have been bullied untill i grew my hair and became quite popular with the ladies i was really happy that time. I have been homeless for 2 years because i couldnt handle money. And when i fixed all of that issues my hair started falling. To be honest from all of that my balding feels the worst. Im 5.7 with a weard headshape and im only 27. I had 2 great years in my life thats it. I hate this curse

INT

Reaction score
Going in a few months from a happy life in a city I loved with a full head of hair, a 10/10 girlfriend to having a dead finasteride dick/brain, in a city I hated, while getting dumped by that gf because of my own mistakes, and losing my hair at the same time was worse.