Is Hairloss The Worst You Experience In Your Life So Far?

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
No, I'd say it takes a back seat to getting food poisoning and almost dying, being whacked in the side of the head with a fireplace poker at a party, and being shot at while trying to outrun some banditos in Mexico. But for the most part, life's been good. And, I dodged the baldness bullet until I got older to where it doesn't make any difference now.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
No. I feared I had a serious disease in the past and I swear baldness is a piece of cake of a worry in comparison.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ahh.. good ol' balding. It has been affecting me for pretty much a decade now. I remember that back in f*****g high school my friend noticed that I started receding and pointed it out during PE but the other kids denied it. Only two years later my hair was already noticably thinning.

I had two scary car accidents, a bad trip and an illness scare but ultimately I kind of forgot about all of these. Baldness on the other hand, has affected me deeper and for much longer. The extent of its outcome knew no boundaries:

- From girls rejecting me due to balding, clowning on me behind my back, or just mocking me in public with no empathy, to actually liking me but still being ashamed to be seen with me in public, being in a relationship with me and still checking for other guys.. but mostly, just straight up ignoring me, at the very least sexually, bc a visibly bald(ing) guy is just "old" and irrelevant? Check.

- Other dudes with hair making fun of me in my face with "harmless" jokes but ultimately trying to assert their superiority? Jokes like: "five-head", "old man", "Mr. Receding Hairline", "IT guy", "virgin". Check.

So what do we have here as a result? Feeling insecure, inferior, ashamed, frustrated, sad, angry. Stopped going to clubs and bars, definitely gave up on dating apps, f*****g dropped out of school at one point and worse of all lost all of my friends.

On the flip side of the coin.. had LASIK surgery to get rid of my glasses, started dressing like a "bad boy", lifted weights and gained a little muscle mass, grew a beard. Basically anything to look less like an IT guy/creep and more of a socially adjusted guy. Started taking antidepressants, got back in school and this time actually graduated, for a brief period even found a girlfriend who was 5 years younger than me and experienced that intense, naive teenage kind of love all over again, all while excessively balding.

Found a job and underwent 2 hair transplants. Already a few months after my first transplants, people were telling me: "You look like a completely different person", "5-10 years younger", my aunt telling me I look like a baby and I can find a 18-21 year old girlfriend, which later proved to be true. Recently got back on Tinder and OKCupid after 2nd transplant, got plenty of matches.. most memorable compliments were: "what is a handsome guy like you doing on this app?" and "do girls often annoy you about how handsome you are?".

Matter of fact, I actually heard "good looking/handsome/cute/etc" so many times that I'd have to be a retard not to believe that I'm at least slightly above average at this point.

Although I must add that all this time, despite feeling bad, beneath it all I remained hopeful and optimistic. It's just my nature. Also natural curiosity makes me research and absorb a huge amount of information, plus it is in my personality to observe and combat an issue from all different angles.

While balding is bad, there are also unfortunate young people who deal with: obesity, anorexia, death of close family members, sexual identity, being poor, being abused, disability, illness, drug addiction and so on.

I feel that last year had to be that transitional year in my life where I matured to the point where things don't even seem so bleak anymore. I have fully accepted everything that came my way and looking back I would not change a thing, nor would I want to trade my life with anyone else's. As I gained awareness, wisdom and strength I no longer consider myself a loser, and my energy is now focused on self love and self improvement, as well as further pursuing my goals and making new, more fond memories as my foundation to adulthood.

Sonolmn98

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Balding at 18 made me lose my sanity and trade my manhood for it, I can't imagine something worse than that disease. F#kk baldness for eternity, soo unfair

Endmymisery

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would say so but I'm only 21 so there's not as much life experience to instantly judge baldness as the worst thing that can happen to someone

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ahh.. good ol' balding. It has been affecting me for pretty much a decade now. I remember that back in f*****g high school my friend noticed that I started receding and pointed it out during PE but the other kids denied it. Only two years later my hair was already noticably thinning.

I had two scary car accidents, a bad trip and an illness scare but ultimately I kind of forgot about all of these. Baldness on the other hand, has affected me deeper and for much longer. The extent of its outcome knew no boundaries:

- From girls rejecting me due to balding, clowning on me behind my back, or just mocking me in public with no empathy, to actually liking me but still being ashamed to be seen with me in public, being in a relationship with me and still checking for other guys.. but mostly, just straight up ignoring me, at the very least sexually, bc a visibly bald(ing) guy is just "old" and irrelevant? Check.

- Other dudes with hair making fun of me in my face with "harmless" jokes but ultimately trying to assert their superiority? Jokes like: "five-head", "old man", "Mr. Receding Hairline", "IT guy", "virgin". Check.

So what do we have here as a result? Feeling insecure, inferior, ashamed, frustrated, sad, angry. Stopped going to clubs and bars, definitely gave up on dating apps, f*****g dropped out of school at one point and worse of all lost all of my friends.

On the flip side of the coin.. had LASIK surgery to get rid of my glasses, started dressing like a "bad boy", lifted weights and gained a little muscle mass, grew a beard. Basically anything to look less like an IT guy/creep and more of a socially adjusted guy. Started taking antidepressants, got back in school and this time actually graduated, for a brief period even found a girlfriend who was 5 years younger than me and experienced that intense, naive teenage kind of love all over again, all while excessively balding.

Found a job and underwent 2 hair transplants. Already a few months after my first transplants, people were telling me: "You look like a completely different person", "5-10 years younger", my aunt telling me I look like a baby and I can find a 18-21 year old girlfriend, which later proved to be true. Recently got back on Tinder and OKCupid after 2nd transplant, got plenty of matches.. most memorable compliments were: "what is a handsome guy like you doing on this app?" and "do girls often annoy you about how handsome you are?".

Matter of fact, I actually heard "good looking/handsome/cute/etc" so many times that I'd have to be a retard not to believe that I'm at least slightly above average at this point.

Although I must add that all this time, despite feeling bad, beneath it all I remained hopeful and optimistic. It's just my nature. Also natural curiosity makes me research and absorb a huge amount of information, plus it is in my personality to observe and combat an issue from all different angles.

While balding is bad, there are also unfortunate young people who deal with: obesity, anorexia, death of close family members, sexual identity, being poor, being abused, disability, illness, drug addiction and so on.

I feel that last year had to be that transitional year in my life where I matured to the point where things don't even seem so bleak anymore. I have fully accepted everything that came my way and looking back I would not change a thing, nor would I want to trade my life with anyone else's. As I gained awareness, wisdom and strength I no longer consider myself a loser, and my energy is now focused on self love and self improvement, as well as further pursuing my goals and making new, more fond memories as my foundation to adulthood.

don't understand bro, before your hair transplant people were calling you "ugly"?
And after the hair transplant you become a "chad"?
You had above average face before? What was your norwood before the transplant? thanks

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
don't understand bro, before your hair transplant people were calling you "ugly"?
And after the hair transplant you become a "chad"?
You had above average face before? What was your norwood before the transplant? thanks
A few girls were always attracted to me, but my hairline was receding in an uneven slope, sorta like this:

bs0W0pZ.png

Plus I had crown baldness and diffuse thinning. Right before the first transplant I was already at the point of NW5, I believe.

The transplant gave my face balance, proportion and symmetry that had been missing since my teenage years. And I also grew a beard and gained 5kg so there's that.

I don't use the term "Chad", I'm not male model tier if that's what you're asking. But I do have hooded/"hunter" eyes or whatever you wanna call them.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
i would be really interested in seing your hairline transplant result!
I am also about to do one for my hairline. who was the surgeon?

sdaak

My Regimen
Reaction score
Its not.

I had chronic appendicitis for a year, cervical issues...Those two were absolute nightmare.
Hairloss is at least pain free and you're never alone.

Prop533

Reaction score
Balding at 18 made me lose my sanity and trade my manhood for it

Funny, if I were to think of things worse than baldness, that would top the list without a doubt. To each their own.

I lost my sex drive after a few years on Propecia. Definitely the worst time in my life, trying to maintain a relationship with no sex drive. It made me rethink my priorities.

Last edited:

K505

My Regimen
Reaction score
I still got the worst things to come in life.
So hair loss has been the worst so far.

A side effect from this retarded condition is i no longer give a sh*t about much else, for better or worse, it has fucked up my personality.

Matt3535

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@justinbieberscombover You still taking finasteride after your hair transplants? Thanks for your overall story. I'm trying to follow your example. I laid the groundwork in 2018 (started to take gym seriously) but this year I'm trying to lose more fat to really show the muscles I worked on and will start taking finasteride. Hearing your story gave me faith.

karatekid

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I still got the worst things to come in life.
So hair loss has been the worst so far.

A side effect from this retarded condition is i no longer give a sh*t about much else, for better or worse, it has fucked up my personality.
Can relate to this...