Is Anyone Using spironolactone + Duta For Awhile Without Sides?

itchymadscalp

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
and @EvilLocks thyroids issues are linked with hair loss indeed. Apparently vit D is important but nothing like iron is. Supplementing in iron constantly (I am talking for women losing it during periods) is absolutely essential.

I'm vegan and I take Vit D, B12 and Iron supplements. Not because I have deficiency but as a precaution ... and it's not helping at all. I have thyroid problems, but my levels are ok now. You don't have itchy scalp like some of us ? You don't think it's an autoimmune disease ? I'm just curious and want to check your input :p

itchymadscalp

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am sure mine is genetic and might be aggravated by things like low iron. I also am borderline PCOS (polikistic ovaries) and all that is linked. In my case, I think it's linked to hormones. But there are abviously multiple types of Androgenetic Alopecia.
My problem is counter indications: bad blood flow + breast cancer risk + weight gain due to super sensitivity to hormones : (
So... I am only using minoxidil and I hate the facial vellus it gave me

OMG ... I feel you ...
I don't really know much about PCOS disease, but maybe it's related to androgen receptors sensitivity (like in resistant prostate cancer therapies).
Strange I take topical and oral minoxidil (useless anyway) however I don't have any facial hair. You really not lucky. Have you tried IPL Philips or Remington Epilator ?

itchymadscalp

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Pasbrillantebrunette : No I know it's a pain to lose hair, I feel the same, I'm a man (I think) and I know it can be harder for a woman. Like for Georgie.
Because of Androcur I've gained weight, and I hade high prolactin (be careful with that, it's not good for hair).

My BF tried IPL for his beard ... didn't work at all. I tried on my left leg (wanted to test it too) it worked well after 1 use, but hair came back 3-4 months later. So maybe with regular use. But if it's not really noticeable, no need for IPL.

itchymadscalp

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
How bad is your hair loss? Do you notice anything working for you?

I have retrograde alopecia ... my hair is thining on the top, nape, above the ears, temples ... and it's disgusting. Because I have a baby face.
Dutasteride worked for a while, but I had to increase to 2 pills a day (no more libido for 8 years because of that). And I tried sulfasalazine 2-3 years ago and it helped a lot (or it was something else I cant remember) ... but I stopped after 6 months. 2 years from now I'm losing without being able to do anything against it.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have retrograde alopecia ... my hair is thining on the top, nape, above the ears, temples ... and it's disgusting. Because I have a baby face.
Dutasteride worked for a while, but I had to increase to 2 pills a day (no more libido for 8 years because of that). And I tried sulfasalazine 2-3 years ago and it helped a lot (or it was something else I cant remember) ... but I stopped after 6 months. 2 years from now I'm losing without being able to do anything against it.
We have exactly the same hairloss. Do you get any thinning of facial hair (brows/lashes) ? Retrograde is the f*****g WORST. It is the most freakish looking hairloss and I’m currently looking f*****g stupid with my hairline literally in line with my ears. Oral minoxidil regrows it for like 2-3 months out of the year then the bastard recedes again. My density has gotten worse and worse over 3.5 years. I’m about to throw some sulfa at this mofo and some estrogen alteration - probably topical. It’s one thing to have Androgenetic Alopecia, it’s a whole other thing to have retrograde. Holy f*** I hate it

Last edited:

itchymadscalp

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am sorry to reas that... I am diffused but with most of my loss on top and now the sides are going too... FML ^^ haha
You were ok with no more libido for 8 years??
Is sulfasalazine dangerous?
There is only little we can do against this f*****g condition.

Yeah ... I hope a cure will coming, not only winter ......... sorry
No I was not ok ...... that's why I tried to lower dutasteride few times and tried other treatments. 0 libido is a strange thing, it's good to have it back, but it comes with a price = hair ...
Sulfasalazine can be dangerous yes. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sulfasalazine
So maybe it's not a good idea to use if you can slow down hair loss with your actual regimen. But for desperate people maybe it can work (and I have no guarantee) ... I'm going to try, 500mg, then 1, maybe more ... I have a genetic disease that led me to had intestin cancer and I will have another one in the future ... so that's why I'm willing to try such hard and maybe dangerous drugs. I think Sulfasalazine can be dangerous, but Dutasteride and Minoxidil too. We just have to be careful (with minoxidil = potassium ; with sulfasalazine = folic acid) and stay rational even if t's hurting a lot.

Last edited:

itchymadscalp

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
We have exactly the same hairloss. Do you get any thinning of facial hair (brows/lashes) ? Retrograde is the f*****g WORST. It isn’t the most freakish looking hairloss and I’m currently looking f*****g stupid with my hairline literally in line with my ears. Oral minoxidil regrows it for like 2-3 months out of the year then the bastard recedes again. My density has gotten worse and worse over 3.5 years. I’m about to throw some sulfa at this mofo and some estrogen alteration. It’s one thing to have Androgenetic Alopecia, it’s a whole other thing to have retrograde. Holy f*** I hate it

I had thinning of my eyebrows yes but after using oral minoxidil and castor oil it's like before.

Yeah retrograde is the worst and the most incurable hair loss .... and we had it.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had thinning of my eyebrows yes but after using oral minoxidil and castor oil it's like before.

Yeah retrograde is the worst and the more incurable hair loss .... and we had it.
It’s just like frontal fibrosing alopecia but it’s not scarring that FFA. That’s why I’m really curious about using something to lessen autoimmune responses, because that’s used in the treatment of FFA.

itchymadscalp

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s just like frontal fibrosing alopecia but it’s not scarring that FFA. That’s why I’m really curious about using something to lessen autoimmune responses, because that’s used in the treatment of FFA.

I'm using castor +dmso (30%) to fight against fibrosis and I take taurine ... I don't think it's helping, I'm just saying, maybe it can help somebody else.

itchymadscalp

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh something about immune stuff ... My cousin had a kidney transplant, so she had to take some immunosuppressant drugs. Before that she had horrible hair (like her mother, she's almost bald) ... the first few months her hair was even more terrible. But now, and after some years, her hair is just perfect. She takes Tacrolimus orally and other drugs. I'm not saying we should take those drugs, but immunosuppresors can help (I tried topical cyclosporine with no success however).

itchymadscalp

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes... cypro lowered my libodo too. It's been back since I stopped, but strangely (humhumhum) I can't find myself conortable enough to be intimate. Which is stupid because it's only getting worst !!!

Man... I am sorry. That's very sad to read. They are going to come up with better treatments in the future (let's hope very very soon). I'd like to ask you to take care.

Yeah you should find a way to act like "carpe diem" ... But maybe you cannot control that.

No need to be sorry. I'm still alive because I have to fight that f*****g hair loss, and I will ... with the help of Fevi maybe :p

itchymadscalp

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
haha, yes, no I am nothing like "Carpe diem" ^^ don't feel good without my hair

I can see your determination :p but dude just be careful (a bit) (for me) (okay?)

Yeah I know that ... I dont go to swimming pool anymore because of hair loss ... I miss a lot of activities because of that, because I'm full of complexe now. When I'm with my BF I wear a cap and he cannot touch my head ... but he's very open minded and accept all of my weirdness ...

Yeah I will. But still hair first.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh something about immune stuff ... My cousin had a kidney transplant, so she had to take some immunosuppressant drugs. Before that she had horrible hair (like her mother, she's almost bald) ... the first few months her hair was even more terrible. But now, and after some years, her hair is just perfect. She takes Tacrolimus orally and other drugs. I'm not saying we should take those drugs, but immunosuppresors can help (I tried topical cyclosporine with no success however).
hydroxychloroquine works for some too. I wonder if corticosteroids would help with your loss?

itchymadscalp

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Georgie : I tried hydrocortisone 0.5% every other day ... didn't alleviate the itchy. I will look into hydroxychloroquine. Thanks.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
@itchymadscalp an example of what my hairline will recede to and what it regrows to.

Attachments

• 1E0E4031-82EC-4E92-8119-6B396CAD61A5.jpeg
    1E0E4031-82EC-4E92-8119-6B396CAD61A5.jpeg
    130.3 KB · Views: 460

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I do see the difference but it's not bad at all. Concentrating your Daro a-bomb-level fire there will definitely yield results.
First I have to figure out why the f*** I’m constantly growing and receding like my hair has a bloody 3 month anagen cycle. If someone could explain why that hair has turned terminal and miniturised over and over rather than just growing and staying terminal, that would be great. I have literally never ever heard of anyone going through this sh*t where minoxidil switches hair on and off maybe twice a f*****g year. So far it’s the only thing to regrow any hair at all and it may actually just be causing my hair growth to be shortened to a measly few god damn months. I’m f*****g sick of all of this bullshit