Is Anyone Using spironolactone + Duta For Awhile Without Sides?

strandman

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have retrograde alopecia ... my hair is thining on the top, nape, above the ears, temples ... and it's disgusting. Because I have a baby face.
Dutasteride worked for a while, but I had to increase to 2 pills a day (no more libido for 8 years because of that). And I tried sulfasalazine 2-3 years ago and it helped a lot (or it was something else I cant remember) ... but I stopped after 6 months. 2 years from now I'm losing without being able to do anything against it.

Why did you stop sulfasalazine if it was working well for you?

BaldingGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wish I could get my hands on seti to try it out on 2gr a day.. Anyway, my itching and shedding has been mostly non existent for a good month... Too soon to be happy but for this past month I did live a normal life without the itch and burning sensation making me sad all day and seeing my hair get worse every week.. I still hate washing my hair though..
Also, I had this paranoia that I couldn't eat junk food and sugars because my head would itch a lot more shortly after (maybe due to my dermatitis) and now i'm cautiously incorporating the foods I love back and no itch at all... Maybe my dermatitis is gone, don't know..

Anyway, just wanted to share that finally something good is happening after a freaking year of shedding.

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I tried, it made things a lot worse.

And in a long term use it could do more harm than good.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20058237

"Prolonged treatment with bicalutamide induces androgen receptor overexpression and androgen hypersensitivity."

And Bicalutamide is weaker than DHT on Androgen Receptor (5 times weaker if I'm right).
This study is made on cancerous tissue. We dont have cancer, resistance to bicalutamide wont take place. Bicalutamide is the safest and most effective treatment for hair loss.

Yar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey, I’m female but I’ll chime in. I took spironolactone 200mg for almost a year a couple of years back. Never made any difference whatsoever, but it did make me really skinny and dehydrated. I looked pale and sunken with dry skin and dark circles under my eyes. I stopped because it was ineffective other than to make me sick. I’ve been on oral minoxidil and topical minoxidil the whole time also, plus Diane35 the pill. Never stopped loss. Recently I’ve been taking avodart/Dutasteride coming up to 3 months. Had a shed for 4 weeks at the one month mark, and it made my skin a little dry and itchy for a while plus dry eyes, also it seems to increase my libido. This may be TMI but I was having some issues with breakthrough bleeding constantly on the pill and it’s totally stopped that. No stoppage of hairloss or regrowth. Recently (now almost 3 weeks) I’ve been using topical darolutamide. No changes, but the dry eyes are back.
Seems nothing stops my hairloss.
who advised you such doses of spironolactone?200