Is Anyone Using spironolactone + Duta For Awhile Without Sides?

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Pasbrillantebrunette also, I should add that I’ve been dabbing garnier stemoxydine on my brows every day for three weeks and they seem to be doing exceptionally well. Fuller throughout whereas they tend to be really fine and thin on the inner and outer corners. I think the mix of minoxidil/stemox is good to be honest, and maybe the bimat also. I don’t see that any of those things are working on my scalp hair though.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
When you tried antiandrogens and experienced regrowth, did you had regrowth or stabilization also in the nape region?
The anti androgens never helped, it was only the minoxidil. I got FABULOUS hairline regrowth all around my head from oral minoxidil. So my yes, ny nape filled in totally. I think oral minoxidil works really well for most people but for weaver reason I don’t get consistent growth. Just a few months out of the year then my hair recedes again. I get the feeling that either minoxidil synchronised my hair growth, or the life cycle of the hairs around my hairline are so damaged that they are really short even with the effects of minoxidil on the anagen phase. My hairline was always the worst part without minoxidil, and was the most rapidly progressive part of my hairloss, so that could be the case. I have not found that altering my hormones had changed that, only minoxidil. Sort of.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Haha okay lol (I almost never buy things withiut reading ingredients, even food) but this one is tempting ;) thanks lovely
Yeah I honestly only bought it at first because it’s cheap and I was using something with peptides in it before that called “rapidlash” and it worked great but costs $50 per 3ml. This stuff is like $7. Bought it, used it, love it. I have searched the internet to see what the ingredients are and some sites say that it uses something called “bioplast” which is similar to bimat, but there’s no confirmation of that. All I know is that it works and it works ridiculously well and fast.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your brows look great G. Thanks for the advice. Have you tried castor oil? I think it works on some people.
I tried castor oil back in the day before even knowing I had Androgenetic Alopecia, before minoxidil and everything, as an attempt to make my brows and lashes grow. Yes, it makes them grow a bit longer I will say that, but it never thickened my lashes and brows. Oral minoxidil does the same thing but even better. Oral minoxidil + feg has made a huge difference in length and density. I want to make the point that the feg didn’t work as well on my brows, and it’s only been really in the past... maybe month-3 weeks that they seem to be doing better. It could be from the bimat, the stemox, or even the avodart. Could be the combination. Nevertheless they look normal now which I am grateful for, and especially my eyelashes look really lovely with mascara on.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Pasbrillantebrunette a few photos of my brows and lashes. Brows have just a little bit of powder on them, not much, and I have mascara on, but you can see how long they are.

Attachments

• 23BD40A5-7736-405D-900C-5F9884830CD4.jpeg
    23BD40A5-7736-405D-900C-5F9884830CD4.jpeg
    62.8 KB · Views: 333
  • FD70BD86-578A-468A-8D0C-092895788EF8.jpeg
    FD70BD86-578A-468A-8D0C-092895788EF8.jpeg
    64.3 KB · Views: 345
  • 10244EDA-3BB0-4A3E-99D1-2516508FFACE.jpeg
    10244EDA-3BB0-4A3E-99D1-2516508FFACE.jpeg
    63.7 KB · Views: 320

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn, this is what I used to say. Before I gave up, basically. You are right to do that though, as long as you stay safe of course. I hope you find the answers you are looking for.
Thanks, I'll check out that article!

I really need to show this article to you.

This is about a transexual male to female person, who was a solid Norwood 6 (maybe 5.8), and is now
a Norwood three/four. What's so impressive about this video is she only did it in six months!

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5367483/

She took both spironolactone and five milligrams of estrogen. The spironolactone was mainly used to kill her masculine features.

I really think both you and @Georgie should read this.

It should be noted that the women whose hair is growing back is in her early thirties, and she
was balding for quite some time.

Calchas

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think we need to take care not to minimise anyone’s issues on this forum.
Exaggeration is the same crime as underestimation/minimization.
When someone is endangering his health,it's my anthropic duty to tell him to be cautious...and i don't
care if my words will go in vain...i will have my consience tranquil.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Exaggeration is the same crime as underestimation/minimization.
When someone is endangering his health,it's my anthropic duty to tell him to be cautious...and i don't
care if my words will go in vain...i will my consience tranquil.

If you're doing it to help someone, that's one thing.

But we really shouldn't have animosity towards people's problems, real or
imagined.

Calchas

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Pasbrillantebrunette a few photos of my brows and lashes. Brows have just a little bit of powder on them, not much, and I have mascara on, but you can see how long they are.
Now that we're done with the eyebrows and lashes...
Do you happen to also have pubic hair loss?
Got any pictures to share with us?:D

itchymadscalp

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Now that we're done with the eyebrows and lashes...
Do you happen to also have pubic hair loss?
Got any pictures to share with us?:D

OMG I'm shocked O_O :eek::confused:o_O

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would love to ... But there is only Dutasteride ... at high dose like 2.5mg or higher it can almost annihilate DHT ... but it's too expensive and destroys libido

I am curios why it destroys libido in some individuals. There are people who lack the gene to produce dht and live a healthy normal life. Perhaps dht suppression is only part of the reason why libido goes down on duta. There may be something else going on as well. Or perhaps the significance of DHT in sexual health of individuals is a variable, not a constant.

Nevertheless, I think females should be able to take high dose of duta as they don't have to worry about erectile dysfunction. As it kills the scalp dht, theoretically they should benefit from it even if their androgen receptors are sensitive. But that is assuming their hair loss is dht driven.

itchymadscalp

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am curios why it destroys libido in some individuals. There are people who lack the gene to produce dht and live a healthy normal life. Perhaps dht suppression is only part of the reason why libido goes down on duta. There may be something else going on as well. Or perhaps the significance of DHT in sexual health of individuals is a variable, not a constant.

Nevertheless, I think females should be able to take high dose of duta as they don't have to worry about erectile dysfunction. As it kills the scalp dht, theoretically they should benefit from it even if their androgen receptors are sensitive. But that is assuming their hair loss is dht driven.

Yeah. It's pretty strange. The 5-alpha reductase deficiency make those men immune to hair loss, but in the studies I never heard something about libido issues ... It's really something that makes me curious.
I have a friend who takes 1 to 2mg of Dutasteride, with not side at all. He's lucky ...
I think this way as well, women have best chance of regrowth with high dose of dutasteride ... I wonder if they could have lack of libido or no more libido because of it.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score

This is about a transexual male to female person, who was a solid Norwood 6 (maybe 5.8), and is now
a Norwood three/four. What's so impressive about this video is she only did it in six months!

She took both spironolactone and five milligrams of estrogen. The spironolactone was mainly used to kill her masculine features.

It should be noted that the women whose hair is growing back is in her early thirties, and she
I am actually on the verge of switching to permenant hardcore hrt. I’m already on Diane35 which is the equivalent of 3.5mg estradiol and 2mg cyproterone acetate, but I want to go harder. Going to see about doing 4-6mg estradiol with 200mg progesterone. I can’t take spironolactone sadly. Makes me very sick.
I’m on topical darolutamide anyway.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score

Also the combo of Diane and 200mg never made a difference for me. I was on that combo for almost a year before I had to stop spironolactone. Hair only got thinner during that time.

kawnshawn

Established Member
Reaction score
Little update. Started back up on spironolactone at 100mg a day. Libido is great and no chest soreness. Also started 2g oral seti a day. Shedding and itch are down by a wide margin. Now to see how long it holds out.

Last edited:

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Little update. Started back up on spironolactone at 100mg a day. Libido is great and no chest soreness. Also started 2g oral seti a day. Shedding and itch are down by a wide margin. Now to see how long it holds out.
Where are you getting your set? Must cost a fortune!