Irishpride86's Story -(SUCCESS ROGAINE & RU58841,NOW finasteride)

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Re: Irishpride86's Story - (23 /SUCCESS ROGAINE AND RU58841)

Ryan, between your OCD with your hair and all your treatments, you are going to see hair shedding cycling alot. Check your cortisol levels. They maybe real high and that is causing your Telogen Effluvium. Your hair must be on your mind 24/7. :)

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score

Hopefully you'll stop having these sheds.

If I were you I'd probably try finasteride again to keep that DHT low...your only real side was what you suspect was a finasteride induced Telogen Effluvium???? It's possible that won't happen again and, if it does, it should regrow even on finasteride especially since your hair isgetting used to the minoxidil

Glad you stuck it out. I bet a lot of people would not have done that and their hair gets bad, like yours did, so they stop the minoxidil thinking it ruined them and never get back on.

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score

Looks to me like the shed is done and your hair is almost back to full strength. Nice job.

Does it feel thicker when you run your hand through it than it did in July/August?

Hoppi

Reaction score

well done on the regrowth and current success!

Overall, what is your view of RU? I intend to give fluridil a go soon (2 a day) as my first like, hard-hitting treatment I've ever tried (up until now it's mostly been health-related approaches and going on finasteride and getting sides :( ) but if fluridil doesn't give me desirable results I will be joining you and El dutasteride on the RU!

I find it so odd that it works for some and not others - it seems to work miracles for El dutasteride! :)

nickypoos

Established Member
Reaction score

I did look, I just don't see a noticeable change. Glad to see your regieme is working, perhaps re-introducing finasteride wouldn't be a bad idea.

peapoddy

Established Member
Reaction score

Hair looks way thicker now!Congrats on the recovery :)

tn-Looser

Reaction score

Hi,

I have almost the smae hair and i'm thinking about using minoxidil.
How should i do it ?
twice a day,morning and evening ?

MrBastard

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Greate thread, gratz on your success :)

IMO you should not risk finasteride again when you got so good results from your current regimen...

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score

I would only get on finasteride if you start to see miniaturization around the hairline or something.

The reason is, it might be that you don't have typical male pattern baldness, and for some reason the rogaine and RU is more than able to keep your hair going.

If things get bad again and don't appear to improve, I'd jump on finasteride again and ride it out.

JWM

Reaction score

Proof of how hair can improve if one can ride out intense minoxidil sheds. I personally believe most of Irish's success is because of the Foam.

Well done for sticking with it, ya nut :punk:

tn-Looser

Reaction score

Please guys,anyone just answer me,how should i apply Rogaine ?
I have the same hair than IrishPride ?

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score

I apply the foam to a moderately wet scalp as I dont have any allergic reaction to it.The key is to apply it regularly and make sure you spread it properly into the thinning areas.Also be patient,it took me nearly 6 months to see genuine difference.

JWM

Reaction score

I do the same thing; apply the foam to a wet scalp. Makes it much easier.