Irishpride86's Story -(SUCCESS ROGAINE & RU58841,NOW finasteride)

rwhairlosstalk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
monty1978 said:
i think you are absolutely crazy to stop RU when you were definately balding before and now you are norwood 1 with the mildest vertex thinning.

It wasn't magic beans that kept your hair on your head

I'm with him what were you thinking????

I wish I can get my hands on some RU that stops me from balding. Finding something that does that well as a topical especially is GOLDEN!

How how much is it for how much weight? And is it in a moisturizing vehicle or drying (like alcohol i can t use that stuff)? How long does that amount last you?

Oh..wait...I just read that it took you a year to get the RU. Heck being that unstable in accessibility is to scary to depend on.

Rawtashk

Reaction score
I think it looks pretty good so far. My finasteride results on the crown took over 12 months to really show, so don't get discouraged yet. Honestly, you probably have more overall density (hairline especially) than me.

K

Kirby

I wish I had your density and hairline... I haven't had a hairline that good since I was 22.

MGZ

Established Member
Reaction score
Your story is pretty long so correct me if I'm wrong, but you were on finasteride for 6 months, then quick, and shed really bad

PIC-1870.jpg

and then restarted finasteride and 4 months later achieved this?

IMAG0527.jpg

If so that's amazing, you're NW6 in the first picture!

Minoxidil seems to be working for you, I've been slightly halting my hairloss for 2 years now, sometimes if feels like it's killing my hair but am afraid to quit encase of a dead shed.

MGZ

Established Member
Reaction score
So it's like you took finasteride - lost hair to a NW6-7 diffused - quit finasteride went back to a full head of hair with some thinning, now started finasteride again and are back to NW6-7 diffused.
Weird how minoxidil/RU is helping you so much, I'm ready to drop minoxidil.

Hit my thread up in the grown stimulants forum!

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Irish, you are not worse off, you still have a full head of hair. So it must be retaining at least. And trust me, no drugs are going to save the hairline. Thats the most difficult area to save. If it could be saved with drugs, hair transplant doctors would have less cases to fix. My hairline is worse after 7 years on finasteride. BUT, the rest of my hair looks good. I have not lost too much ground anywhere else for 7 years. Just stick with finasteride, in the long run you will slow down your hair loss. Just remember the more you save, the less grafts you will have to transplant if you ever go that route. So you are not doing anything wrong. You made a great decision. I quit minoxidil and did lose some ground but no more puffy face and irritated eyes and I don't break out with acne either. I look so much better with out it. I think it did help me at the hairline but very little.

Fish2

Reaction score
Hello Irish, just got on this thread, whatever you are doing, I think it works against you male pattern baldness, my hair looks like yours and I also go through massive sheds twice a year, in early winter and late spring,
Since you seem you are not afraid of experimenting, I wanted to ask you if you ever tried CB 03 01 or have any info on it, or where to get it and how to use it
Also dutasteride worked much better for me, a lot less shedding

Thanks

ohmanohno

Established Member
Reaction score
Great job logging everything. I am hopeless too. Started finasteride 1.5 years ago and all I do is lose hair. Sides have thinned out as well as the back of my head. Been on minoxidil for a year no results. Next step is RU.

doke

Reaction score
hi irish i wonder if its too much minoxidil is making you shed as 4mls at once seems a lot as we know the right amount is 1ml twice a day have you thought of trying that dose again? as the makers say putting more on does not help more.
Also thats a great tip of melting the foam i do that now and i am trying a glycol free ru which is high strengh alcohol mixed with pure aloe gel and ru into a liquid as i do not like glycol.

- - - Updated - - -

i have tried the 4ml foam do you still find that the liquid goes white on the scalp irish or do you rub it in until it dries i think once you get some regrowth would it then be better to reduce the dose.

LooseItAll

Established Member
Reaction score
1ml is nothing if you have to cover the entire balding area. The 1ml is just marketing bull****

doke

Reaction score
wheres irish gone as it would be good to see if hes still on ru+minoxidil foam to keep the great results he has had or is he going through more shedding again and back on finas.

peti

Reaction score
OMG! I saw your pic several times before when i was searching for hair loss information and I read your thread about shed, and that was the last thread i saw, so i thought you failed.
i was sad because your shedding pattern was almost the same as mine at the time, but here i see your success =D congrats!
by the way im on minoxidil for 7 months. at the 1st month shedding started, at 3 month, hair loss stopped and could see a bit of baby hairs, and the 2nd shedding started at the 4th month, and the shedding has been almost 4 months. (3 months and 20 days). i have CTE , what should i do??

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

oh i misunderstood, sorry :( you're still struggling. i think something containing DHT blocker doesn't working for you. RU, finasteride they are all related to blocking DHT ..
why don't you go see a doctor and test your Adrenal function?

and finasteride and Minoxidil they lower calcium level in your hair and too much calcium in hair makes your hair fall out because it lower potassium level which transmits minerals to your hair.
and potassium controls your PH and an acidic body destroys your cells which makes your calcium level higher in your hair and it means your calcium can't be ionized in your blood.

but too low calcium also can make your hair fall out so.. maybe long term use of minoxidil and adding finasteride could make your calcium low.. im not sure, but it's my opinion..
or minoxidil makes several shed so ..

hair loss related to your thyroid, adrenal, cortisol, DHEA, hormones from adrenal..

my hair, blood, saliva tests make it sure. my calcium level is very much high, potassium low, most minerals are low. have chronic fatigue, a bit high of thyroid level.

im planning to see a doctor to test my adrenal function and thinking of taking LDN (Low dose of naltrexon - if my cortisol level is low)

yassin

Established Member
Reaction score
the results are obvious . go with your life and never come back to this forum > I'm really happy for you :))