Involvement Of Mechanical Stress In Androgenetic Alopecia | Von Mises 2d Analysis Models

VonMises

My Regimen
Reaction score
Von Mises stress model “With half opposite force rear” vs. the model’s principal stress 1 and 2:
upload_2018-7-26_8-46-54.png

VonMises

My Regimen
Reaction score
Von Mises stress model “With half opposite force rear” vs. the model’s stress in Y and X direction:
upload_2018-7-26_8-48-41.png

VonMises

My Regimen
Reaction score
Von Mises stress model “With half opposite force rear” vs. the model’s displacement in Y and X direction:
upload_2018-7-26_8-50-5.png

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
One possible cause that massage or STR dont work for many is skull expansion theory. APart from tight galea most balding men may have expanding skulls that cause more damage than tight galea alone. There is ncbi double blind trial that concluded that scalp massage really help to grow hair in moderate amount. May be it works or stop/slow progressive baldness. Daily 5 to 10 minutes of massage will not bother you! Why don't you people give it a try?

I will buy a massage device and use it daily on the shower, I cant be bothered to do it manually. But in any case, if the expansion theory is legit, then what are we supposed to do? as the skull bone grows, we can only hope enough stretching of the scalp caters for it, not making it too tense, but ideally we want to stop the damn expansion. What is involved in skull expansion, why it happens, and how we stopped? these are the things we should be looking for, not only stretching the tissue.

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wouldn't have said skull expansion is true I said it might be a case that prevent STR from working or giving instant results

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think following is true
1.Male pattern baldness was neutral or advantageous trait for our ancestor males back on African Savannah during prehistoric times.
2. DHT is a sole cause of male pattern baldness.
3. DHT enlarges head muscles and increases muscle tone which tightens galea aponeurosis like a drum surface. Head muscle sensitivity to DHT is genetic and can't be cured.
4.DHT expand skulls in adulthood. Again this expansion and its extent is genetic.
5. Hairs on the top of the head are DHT sensitive so hair growth gene suppression is greater and faster. That's why men and women looses hair on top . this is again genetic.
So, tight galea aponeurosis+ skull expansion+genetically heighten DHT sensitivity are main causes of hairloss in both men and women.
STR, massage and muscle and galea loosening will only reduce the pace of hairloss but will not cure or give regrowth.it may give regrowth for some but that would be exception.

inmyhead

Reaction score
1.Male pattern baldness was neutral or advantageous trait for our ancestor males back on African Savannah during prehistoric times.
3. DHT enlarges head muscles and increases muscle tone which tightens galea aponeurosis like a drum surface. Head muscle sensitivity to DHT is genetic and can't be cured.
4.DHT expand skulls in adulthood. Again this expansion and its extent is genetic.
5. Hairs on the top of the head are DHT sensitive so hair growth gene suppression is greater and faster. That's why men and women looses hair on top . this is again genetic.
So, tight galea aponeurosis+ skull expansion+genetically heighten DHT sensitivity are main causes of hairloss in both men and women.
STR, massage and muscle and galea loosening will only reduce the pace of hairloss but will not cure or give regrowth.it may give regrowth for some but that would be exception.

How could it be advantegeous? People used to have children before turning 20 year old, and male pattern baldness is very rare up until this age. It most likely just a bad mutation which didn't have much impact negative so it passed to us.

auld reekie

My Regimen
Reaction score

If number 2 is true then 3 and 4 can't be. There are other factors which will increase head muscle strength, scalp tightness, skull expansion other than DHT.

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
How could it be advantegeous? People used to have children before turning 20 year old, and male pattern baldness is very rare up until this age. It most likely just a bad mutation which didn't have much impact negative so it passed to us.
It wasn't baldness that was advantage .it could have been something related to baldness that would have helped our male ancestors back on African planes. Many hypothesis are there like baldness signals higher status, bald head can help you make more vitaminD ,less hair was advantage during fights because there was no hair of you to pull by opponent. May be something along this line was the real advantage which served our ancestors. I haven't said baldness is directly an advantage .

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm far from an expert and I've only been reading about this for a short time but I would presume behavioural habits, stress and posture will influence scalp tightness and muscle tone in the head.
OK. So would you buy the argument that improving posture ,behavioural habits and reducing DHT will reduce muscle tone and prevent baldness??

auld reekie

My Regimen
Reaction score
OK. So would you buy the argument that improving posture ,behavioural habits and reducing DHT will reduce muscle tone and prevent baldness??

I've got absolutely no idea mate, I bloody hope so, because addressing this from the mechanical stress side of things - supplemented with essential oils and CBD oil - is currently all I'm doing.

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think this is only a bonus for the usual finasteride + minoxidil treatment and one would be wasting his time pretending to stop this disease with massages and STR only (and we don't even have anyone that owns the STR device to actually test it out anyway)

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score

There are NW0 bodybuilders with abnormaly high levels of DHT and im sure abnormally developed muscles everywhere.

Also, aren't these exercises supposed to be good?

you are pushing your scalp at the opposite direction of the supposed tension

anyway im f*****g balding, none of what I try works, and im not even NW2 yet, but its becoming diffused, I can see the horseshoe patter, I cant stop this f*****g disease.

Last edited:

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
If this is correct then I am convinced the excessive long distance running I used to do accelerated my hair loss. Particularly when I ran during the winter, I used to feel tension through muscles around my skull I didn’t know I had. Quite difficult to explain, but it was almost like my eyebrows were being pulled up and my forehead contorted.

I experience a similar phenomenon in my forehead when I am aggravated, so mechanical stress as a factor in Androgenetic Alopecia is very interesting to me.
Long distance running increases cortisol, the main stress hormone. This stress was likely what induced balding, hardening the scalp

BalderBaldyBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Mechanical stress is downstream inflammation, DHT is upstream as always
Still a genetic diseases
Follicles are still dying when exposed to DHT Ex-Vivo/In Vitro

Is it that hard to understand ?

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
Follicles are not dying, unless you consider rogaine reactivating them some sort of lich