Involvement Of Mechanical Stress In Androgenetic Alopecia | Von Mises 2d Analysis Models

abcdefg

Reaction score
My guess is that androgen sensitivity increase with age, and therefore inflammation and scalp mechanical stress result of it

Yes. Hamilton has already proven the same amount of androgens cause much faster hair loss in older men than younger ones. This is why propecia loses effectiveness over time. Its not ARs changing its simply whatever causes sensitivity keeps increasing to overpower the propecia.
Also I think male pattern baldness is going to be found similar to allergies someday where some men immune system attack hair because of DHT while others do not. Its an immune reaction at its core that differs between men for unknown reasons. Why do some people have allergies but not others? Its the same basic question

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes. Hamilton has already proven the same amount of androgens cause much faster hair loss in older men than younger ones. This is why propecia loses effectiveness over time. Its not ARs changing its simply whatever causes sensitivity keeps increasing to overpower the propecia.
Also I think male pattern baldness is going to be found similar to allergies someday where some men immune system attack hair because of DHT while others do not. Its an immune reaction at its core that differs between men for unknown reasons. Why do some people have allergies but not others? Its the same basic question

I guess this is what JAK is after ?

BalderBaldyBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Indeed allergies and autoimmune reaction are still poorly known as of today.

BUT we can easily stop allergies reaction, but not prevent it in the first place (except from desensitization processes), i'm still thinking there's something else than a basic autoimmune allergic reaction here.

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The musculoaponeurotic layer of the scalp showing the frontalis muscles vs. example of no baldness pattern vs. example of a typical baldness pattern vs. von Mises stress model “With half opposite force rear”. Solid lines are added to the frontalis muscles on the left image, these lines are overlayed the real examples. Circle indicates spacing between the top of the frontalis muscles and it can be seen that the real example with no baldness pattern is exhibiting a downward hairline in this area.
View attachment 93490

Interesting, so what forces do we need to simlate to get a NW0 tension model? I don't really get what "With half opposite force rear” means.

Anyone can buy the STR device? someone needs to try it.

Last edited:

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Then why some men's balding pattern freezes past a certain age? typically becoming white haired NW2's of sorts.

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Something I find ridiculous is the fact that you guys have been research this for a long time but haven't put it in practice by buying one of these STR devices...

I have found some people that were using it on the immortalhair forums

http://immortalhair.forumandco.com/...thing-like-this-in-us-europe-at-cheaper-price

Apparently you could buy it back then for cheaper on this website:

http://www.takeda-medex.com/02-1.htm

In japan, which no longer exists for some reason, so we only have the german website to order it now.

The bad news is... I can't seem to find any testimonies of regrowth. These people seem to have stopped posting any updates. I haven't seen much evidence, other than some vague comment on how there were less shedding during use.

Someone needs to seriously try this thing out. It would be used 2 hours a day.

VonMises

My Regimen
Reaction score
Von Mises stress model “With half opposite force rear” deformation animation (cycle time:10s, amplification factor: 448.5)

giphy.gif

Link: media.giphy.com/media/mIDfUoK80OaFic66E6/giphy.gif

Last edited:

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
We use frontalis and temporalis muscles a lot when seeing ,reading. Also psychological stress and dietary factors keep our muscles always in contracted state. May be frontalis muscle in continuous contraction (under tension) pulls scalp /galea constantly causing hairloss. Men have 10x more androgens than woman . may be that androgen makes head muscles stronger and larger in size and toned.this strong head muscles from puberty slowly makes men bald.
My idea is that if we massage frontalis and temporalis muscles to relieve its tension and makes them more elastic /flexible then that will reduce scalp tension which then prevent hairloss or regrow hairs. Over the counter muscle relaxant could also help to eliminate muscle tension.
Reduction in mental stress,limiting screen time ,exercise and healthy diet would be other useful practices. What say?

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
We use frontalis and temporalis muscles a lot when seeing ,reading. Also psychological stress and dietary factors keep our muscles always in contracted state. May be frontalis muscle in continuous contraction (under tension) pulls scalp /galea constantly causing hairloss. Men have 10x more androgens than woman . may be that androgen makes head muscles stronger and larger in size and toned.this strong head muscles from puberty slowly makes men bald.
My idea is that if we massage frontalis and temporalis muscles to relieve its tension and makes them more elastic /flexible then that will reduce scalp tension which then prevent hairloss or regrow hairs. Over the counter muscle relaxant could also help to eliminate muscle tension.
Reduction in mental stress,limiting screen time ,exercise and healthy diet would be other useful practices. What say?

Honestly I don't see myself contracting these muscles at all outside of the normal.

I have asked if moving your ears back which raises the scalp, would be a good exercise.

Also, the STR device pushes the scalp up in ALL angles, wereas VonMisses model is only applying forces on the temples... what about this?

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly I don't see myself contracting these muscles at all outside of the normal.

I have asked if moving your ears back which raises the scalp, would be a good exercise.

Also, the STR device pushes the scalp up in ALL angles, wereas VonMisses model is only applying forces on the temples... what about this?
STR is really good device .it loosens scalp. I am not talking about using muscle too much. We unconsciously use frontalis muscles and some people have naturally more tense muscles than other. So it would then logical to think that these people will bald progressively. So to relieve that tension/tone created by androgen and muscle use can help or not? That's what I mean.
STR definitely shall help we galea theory is correct.

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
STR is really good device .it loosens scalp. I am not talking about using muscle too much. We unconsciously use frontalis muscles and some people have naturally more tense muscles than other. So it would then logical to think that these people will bald progressively. So to relieve that tension/tone created by androgen and muscle use can help or not? That's what I mean.
STR definitely shall help we galea theory is correct.

Well if Galea theory was correct then STR should halt any further hairloss, yet I haven't seen any evidence for that.

Also like I said before, Von Misses models are applying a counter force to temples only, not to the whole scalp in a circular manner like the STR does, or like bottox does, so I wonder if this is counterproductive or actually it would be better to apply plesure from every single angle upwards.

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Also it depends which muscles are tense. I believe whatever muscles activate when you push your ears back, which raise the scalp, would be good to have them tensed at least from time to time, this is the exercise I was talking about.

The first one is the one in theory we should avoid, as it goes in the same direction the force generating the tension that ends up in baldness is going.

So we should be doing the second one (occipitalis). This one pushes the scalp backwards as you can see, so this goes against the tension described in VonMisses pictures.

Of course, this may not be enough force and we would need a mechanical force, that's the STR device, but again, it's not clear to me if it's beneficial to have that force pushing the entire scalp up from all directions, rather than from the front.

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
STR will only relieve pressure but it will not relax muscles like manual massage will. Massaging occupitofrontalis for 10 minutes plus warm water press thrice a weak can make these muscle flexible and longer in size which then reduces galea pressure. Massaging these muscles also increase blood supply to scalp which is another add on. This will be usefull for someone who is just started loosing hair BC in severe cases scalp actually fuses with galea and there is no room.for follicles to grow. But if skull expansion is in play as many thinks then scalp massage would not help much.

auld reekie

My Regimen
Reaction score
STR will only relieve pressure but it will not relax muscles like manual massage will. Massaging occupitofrontalis for 10 minutes plus warm water press thrice a weak can make these muscle flexible and longer in size which then reduces galea pressure. Massaging these muscles also increase blood supply to scalp which is another add on. This will be usefull for someone who is just started loosing hair BC in severe cases scalp actually fuses with galea and there is no room.for follicles to grow. But if skull expansion is in play as many thinks then scalp massage would not help much.

Cheers for that. I am very, very interested in this line of thought, I have had very slow temporal recision/maturation from age 19 to now (I'm 26). Over the last few months (before I even heard about this theory) I had been noticing really significant changes in the shape and feel of my head - feeling bumps and ditches that weren't there before. Since I have been noticing these changes I have also developed a new itch which I fear is related to male pattern baldness, it's a sharp, stinging itch/mild pain. I am fearful that I am about to see significant changes for the worse in my hair.

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Where is the occupitofrontalis exactly? here in this arrow?

occipitofrontalis-frontal-belly.png

I may buy one of these massage devices in which there are 4 rotating pivots. I cannot be bothered to do it with hands, my fingers end up hurting and I get tired.

Also I heard cold water is good to reduce inflamation.. so I may need to do a part of the shower in warm then to finish it with cold or something.

But still, while the STR would in theory loosen the scalp, I still don't see it clear if we want presure upwards coming from all directions as the STR does, or only on the points shown in VonMisses' graphs.

To ilustrate my point, I've drawn red arrows here in which how I imagine forces would act while wearing the STR (basically surrounded by forces going upwards)

wqeUa9T.png

Whereas, with the botox approach, as far as I understood you would only be applying forces on the corners (temples) (see green arrows going inwards)

The question: what is more convenient?

Last edited:

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score
people were doing these nonsense scalp massages years ago. it was called "Balayam". look it up on hairlosshelp. most of the forum did it for a year. their rationale was "the guy promoting this balayam isn't making any money so it must be true" - after a year they realised it didn't do a damn thing and gave up.
is all this waffle just promoting scalp massages again?
why don't muscle relaxers like carisoprodol and meds like diazepam / xanax that relax your body do anything for male pattern baldness ??????

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
people were doing these nonsense scalp massages years ago. it was called "Balayam". look it up on hairlosshelp. most of the forum did it for a year. their rationale was "the guy promoting this balayam isn't making any money so it must be true" - after a year they realised it didn't do a damn thing and gave up.
is all this waffle just promoting scalp massages again?
why don't muscle relaxers like carisoprodol and meds like diazepam / xanax that relax your body do anything for male pattern baldness ??????

Yeah, i haven't seen conclusive evidence like I said, with either masages or STR usage. If anyone has any f*****g clue let me know, because my temples are thinning fast and im going NW2 terrority, which means it's over.

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
One possible cause that massage or STR dont work for many is skull expansion theory. APart from tight galea most balding men may have expanding skulls that cause more damage than tight galea alone. There is ncbi double blind trial that concluded that scalp massage really help to grow hair in moderate amount. May be it works or stop/slow progressive baldness. Daily 5 to 10 minutes of massage will not bother you! Why don't you people give it a try?