Incredible recovery from NW5: the power of super aggressive regimens!

recedingyt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Fuking hysterical. I was about to take this thread over to the Impact forum and say, hey this bald dude has a pretty cute GF... then I realized it was YOU ha ha ha ha ha.

Well amazing job with the treatments but arent you also on hormone therapy? That will regrow your hair as well, no? And thats not something most other guys not wanting to transition could do.

Read the thread... I don't mean the entire thread but I mean I address all of this literally in the first post lol.

transam

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Recedingyt is very successful. How many people have jumped four plus or more Norwood levels, without a hair transplant? Probably none.

Also she is very honest about what guys shouldn't take. She's stated it factually on every post she's done.
Correction!
That other guy; 'antydhtor' jumped from like a NW3 vertex, to a Norwood -2
no transplant

recedingyt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hey recedingyt , you're still on Finasteride ?

Dutasteride, yes.

Recedingyt is very successful. How many people have jumped four plus or more Norwood levels, without a hair transplant? Probably none.

Also she is very honest about what guys shouldn't take. She's stated it factually on every post she's done.

Thank you :)

Correction!
That other guy; 'antydhtor' jumped from like a NW3 vertex, to a Norwood -2
no transplant

True, but we're both on estradiol. I think his case is interesting to see how much frontal regrowth is possible, but I'm more impressed that I went from a NW5 to a NW1-1.5 lol... then again I am biased towards myself :)

Wait... your hair regimen turned you into a woman?

No, I'm transgender. My HRT has greatly helped with hair regrowth, hence why I included it in my regimen, but the HRT itself has nothing to do with my hair loss. I would be taking it either way to feminize myself.

Read the original post. It explains everything.

transam

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dutasteride, yes.

Thank you :)

True, but we're both on estradiol. I think his case is interesting to see how much frontal regrowth is possible, but I'm more impressed that I went from a NW5 to a NW1-1.5 lol... then again I am biased towards myself :)

No, I'm transgender. My HRT has greatly helped with hair regrowth, hence why I included it in my regimen, but the HRT itself has nothing to do with my hair loss. I would be taking it either way to feminize myself.

Read the original post. It explains everything.
Yt, your success is a classic. I remember reading about you a while ago...back before I became a member.
your success always stuck with me :jump:

Hairloss23

Banned
Reaction score
Yt, your success is a classic. I remember reading about you a while ago...back before I became a member.
your success always stuck with me :jump:

Didn't know we were describing hair regrowth threads as "classics" now, if we are then IMO this is far from a "classic".

recedingyt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Literally all you've done in my thread is spread negativity hairloss23, why don't you go somewhere else with that?

Hairloss23

Banned
Reaction score
What? Saying it isn't a "classic" is now spreading negativity? lol, sorry if we don't all line up in a queue to praise your regrowth using the most ridiculous vocabulary for it. Sorry if you're not willing to accept "negativity" and for your skewed version of what "negativity" is. I'd say you'd lived a sheltered life but I am not quick to judge unlike a lot on this forum.

And k9gatton, I know you hate me for odd reasons and will do anything to make me out to seem like the scumbag, but commenting here once in 3 months is not a sign that I am always here, I didn't think I was always reading it? That's news to me. I think its great that recedingyt managed to regrow hair, regardless of how it was done. Also my name is Hairloss23, just saying.

IamZhea

Reaction score
Hi! I'm a transwoman as well. I'm 24 and I've just really started to notice a bit of hair loss. I have no visible balding at my crown area but my sides seem to be cutting deeper quicker and quicker. I start HRT next month and I plan to do an aggressive regiment. I'm at a NW3 right now.

I just wanted to let you know this thread has been incredibly encouraging for me. My hair loss is something that has truly impacted my normal life. Every single hair that I find on my shoulders/pillow/etc makes me feel so bad. I can't wait to regrow it. Thank you. Don't listen to the haters in this thread. I've been browsing Google looking for things exactly like this. I made an account on this forum strictly to express my gratitude for this post.

Also, I noticed in this thread you mentioned going back and forth from Minoxdil/not. Do you recommend minoxidil? It seems like it is a lot of work to keep up with, costs a fair bit over time, and I've heard that when you stop using it you lose all of it? Do you think Estrogen counteracts this return to baseline with minoxidil?

Last question, did you experience the infamous finasteride-shedding when you started it? I'm wondering if estrogen/spironolactone will stop the finasteride shed.

Last edited:

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
recedingyt, I really admire how you stick up for yourself and not letting prejudice get to you. I believe you are a great role model for transgenders who are suffering from hair loss, and have shown that amazing regrowth is possible under the most extreme circumstances. It does give me hope that one day there will be treatment available where the capability of regrowing a full head of hair from a bald head will eventually become a reality without any unwanted side effect. This thread has been viewed by thousands, and I'm quite sure you've tugged the heart strings of many transgenders who are in your situation.

Not only has your hair nearly made a full recovery, your HRT seems to be quite successful too. I hope all keeps getting better for you. :)

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
This thread became far too nasty, clean up has been done and several argumentative posts have been removed. I gave warning a while back to those who kept inciting trouble in this thread, action will be taken, and it has. Again, anyone who comes here to discriminate and/or cause trouble, remember that it will not be tolerated.

And recedingyt, I understand that you've been through countless hardships, but please there is no need to fight back fire with fire in this place.

At the end, everyone needs to be respectful of each other and remain civil.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Read the thread... I don't mean the entire thread but I mean I address all of this literally in the first post lol.

I did, I read the regimen but you have to understand most guys arent going to know what half of those hormone treatments do. I dont "personally" think this should be in the success stories area because its unattainable for most of the guys on this forum. Honestly most of those hormones would be dangerous for women to take.

Im happy you got the regrowth but I, myself, dont know where a thread like this would fit.

Can I ask was this change something you always felt? Did the hairloss push you further towards or away from the next steps? Was it a "well if I start this hormone therapy I could regain some of my hair"?

I cant imagine most of your regrowth came from the standard stuff the rest of us could take.

I notice you have rolling in there also. Are you "extreme rolling" or just puncturing for medical entry into the skin?

recedingyt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This thread became far too nasty, clean up has been done and several argumentative posts have been removed. I gave warning a while back to those who kept inciting trouble in this thread, action will be taken, and it has. Again, anyone who comes here to discriminate and/or cause trouble, remember that it will not be tolerated.

And recedingyt, I understand that you've been through countless hardships, but please there is no need to fight back fire with fire in this place.

At the end, everyone needs to be respectful of each other and remain civil.

Thank you Agustin. I'm sorry if I indulged the trolls too much.

I did, I read the regimen but you have to understand most guys arent going to know what half of those hormone treatments do. I dont "personally" think this should be in the success stories area because its unattainable for most of the guys on this forum. Honestly most of those hormones would be dangerous for women to take.

Im happy you got the regrowth but I, myself, dont know where a thread like this would fit.

Can I ask was this change something you always felt? Did the hairloss push you further towards or away from the next steps? Was it a "well if I start this hormone therapy I could regain some of my hair"?

I cant imagine most of your regrowth came from the standard stuff the rest of us could take.

I notice you have rolling in there also. Are you "extreme rolling" or just puncturing for medical entry into the skin?

Well I mean yeah. I know all of that. I've made it a point to time and time again say that this isn't something your average guy can do. I don't know why this particular point is a constant source of debate in this thread. It's not something a cis guy could do, and I've blatantly said that 100 times now. I'm sure you can understand my frustration when not only does the very first post in this thread make the very same point you are trying to make, but I've repeated it time and time again for over a year now. I don't know what I have to do or say to make it more clear that I know this isn't something that your average man could do, or to make it more clear to everyone here that I'm not trying to say anything to the contrary by posting my story here for you guys to see. I literally continue to post here only for the purpose of inspiring other trans people such as myself because I'm literally the only trans person on the internet documenting this sort of thing (that I know of, and I've searched a LOT on the subject). There's also the fact that my story undeniably demonstrates that full regrowth on a practically fully bald head is possible, the right angles just need to be tackled. Perhaps one day this will be possible without having to take feminizing hormones. Also why wouldn't cis women be able to take the hormones I am? They can and do every day. It's the same hormones their ovaries naturally produce. Also how do you think things like birth control work? It's all hormones. It's not like what I'm doing is complicated.

To answer your questions:

My hair loss and being transgender are not related. I would not have chosen to continue to live as a man had I not lost my hair or anything like that. If anything my hair loss was holding me back from transitioning, not pushing me towards it (hence why I think my story can be inspirational to other trans women). I've felt this way since I was a child, but I was taught it was wrong and to repress it. In late 2014 I realized that wasn't going to be possible; either I was going to attempt transition or I was going to kill myself. Living in misery was no longer an option.

Most of my regrowth is from minoxidil actually. I'm a very good responder to it. I know this for a fact because I quit minoxidil and went back to barely above baseline for a while. Sure maybe HRT has made every other line of treatment more effective, but my point stands that minoxidil has been the driving force behind most of my success which is open to use by everyone.

I don't know what you mean by extreme rolling. I roll hard enough that I bleed. Not much, but there's definitely a little bit there and it scabs up. Looks fine by the next day. I actually have been slacking on rolling a lot lately, I need to get back into it. I really feel that it was helping my hairline thicken up.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
i'm just annoyed at how bald scrawny guys like myself are shat on by society and get zero respect or helping hands from the bleeding hearts but transgenders do.

recedingyt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i'm just annoyed at how bald scrawny guys like myself are shat on by society and get zero respect or helping hands from the bleeding hearts but transgenders do.

Dude I've been bald and I'm trans (so I'm pretty well versed on what it's like from both sides) and trust me you'd rather be bald than trans. For **** sake, to even entertain the idea that being bald is anywhere near as looked down upon/as difficult as being transgender is frankly laughable lol.

Go ahead and start your transition if we trans women have it so easy lmao.